How much per hour for table time

hotrod

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Just curious what different regions are charging per hour for table time. I started out at 90 cents per hour back around 1975. Here in Virginia current time is about 6 bucks per hour. Sometimes I have read where owners only charge 20 bucks a week to shoot and other times free pool up to 6pm weekdays. What kinds of specials does your room offer. Should be a good topic for discussion.

nahog99

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Michaels Billiards in Fairfield Ohio, just outside of Cincinnati does I think 9 dollars for noon to 7 pm. Other than that it's 4 per hour per man. It's the best pool hall in cincinnati IMO, Michael takes great care of the tables; they have 13 nine footer's a 3 cushion billiards table, and a brand new 10 ft diamond. They also have 8 valley bar boxes and 4 8ft tables(not sure what kind). Another good place just to play some bar box is Peg's Pub in sharonville(another suberb of cincinnati) It's a bar first and foremost but they have 12 valleys which he takes very nice care of. They all have nice blue simonis, or something very similar and play really well. Best part about there is that they charge 5 bucks an hour to open up the table regardless of how many people are playing on it.

Robert58

AzB Gold Member
Silver Member
Rusty Billiards

Arlington Pricing

Fort Worth Pricing

Sunday - Thursday $4.25 per person per hour up to $8.50 per hour for 2 or more players on the 8' footers and $4.50 per person per hour up to $9.00 per hour for 2 or more players on the 9' footers.

Sunday - Thursday $4.00 per person per hour up to $8.00 per hour for 2 or more players on the 8' footers and $4.25 per person per hour up to $8.50 per hour for 2 or more players on the 9' footers.

Friday - Saturday 8PM - 6AM $8.50 on the 8' tables and $9.00 on the 9' tables.

Friday - Saturday after 8PM $8.00 flat rate on the 8' footers and $8.50 for the 9' footers.

All-Day Special

All-Day Special

Monday - Thursday 6AM - 6PM All day pool $4.95 Per player, Pre-Paid.

Monday - Thursday Open - 6PM All day pool $4.95 Per player, Pre-paid.

Friday - Sunday 6AM - 6PM All day pool $6.95 Per player, Pre-Paid.

Friday - Sunday Open - 6PM All day pool $6.95 Per player, Pre-paid.

nateobot

Undercover FBI Agent
Silver Member
Day
10am - 7pm $3.75/person/hour
Day Special:
PrePay $10 for whole day 10am-7pm
$12 weekends and holidays

Evening
7pm - 3am
1 Player$5.25/person/hour
2 Players$4.75/person/hour
3 Players$4.25/person/hour
4 Players$3.74/person/hour

Summer Special:
PrePay $13 for whole time
11pm-3am Sun-Thu

SouthernDraw

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
In my area the bulk of playing time is free for league players. IMO, this is a terrible trend. Sure it is free, but this leads to customers that don't take care of equipment and establishments that let their equipment go without attention.

You can't complain because its free. But, in the end, the establishment is making a choice of booze over pool. That is not good for pool as a sport. I do have to admit that the place that I play still maintains their tables better than others in the area. But, still I often travel about twenty minutes out of the way for pay to play because it is a place maintains their tables so well.

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk 2

Allen Brown

Pool Whale
Silver Member
Huntsville, AL

Down here in Huntsville, AL table time is cheap at both of the major pool halls.
$5 bucks per person from open to close. All day long on 7ft. or 9ft Diamond tables for $5 bucks is the best I've seen anywhere. This is not by the hour....just $5 bucks period.

Quesports

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Down here in Huntsville, AL table time is cheap at both of the major pool halls.
$5 bucks per person from open to close. All day long on 7ft. or 9ft Diamond tables for $5 bucks is the best I've seen anywhere. This is not by the hour....just $5 bucks period.

You know what scares me, it's cheaper now than when I started to play pool in 1966!!!!!! I paid .60 an hour and played for hours and hours...:eek:

measureman

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Felt in Englewood,Co
Diamond tables open till 4 PM $2.50 hour after 4 PM $5.00
Gold Crowns open till 4 PM $2.00 hour after 4 PM $4.00 hour ?
Hanks in Wheat Ridge, Co 10 AM to 4 PM $7.00 flat rate.After that ????

Racing-Robbie

Registered
Lafayette la... 4.00 an hour league players. 8.00 if not. Free pool on Sundays from 12-6 at white diamonds and 12-12 at RicKochets Billiards

Played at boggies in Houston and it was a little pricey but the table were kept up very well.

garczar

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Magoo's in Tulsa: 11a-6p, $4/hr fo1, $7/hr for 2 or more. 6p til close, $9/hr per table

DAVE_M

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
$3.50/hour - $6 special 10am-6pm.
$4/hour - $8 special 11am-4pm.

Only other poolhall I frequent is all Valley barboxes.

One Pocket John

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
$ 1.80 /hour all day and all night at:

Cue and Cushion - Overland, MO.

A lot of 4.5 x 9.0's, 1- 5 x10 snooker table and 1 heated 3 cushion billiard table and 1 bar box table.

A pretty tough triple shimmed 1P GC table also.

John

jnf

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Stop by my house...play on a 100 year old BB&C table with a vintage Joss or Tad cue, Centenial balls.......if you behave yourself the table time is complimentary and the Martinis are on the house.

JC

Coos Cues
I never understood the X amount per player pricing scheme. The equipment is getting exactly the same use no matter how many are in the game. Only one person is shooting at a time and the more there are at the table the better chance the place will sell more food and beverage. I won't play at places that charge like this. I just don't like it. I feel abused by it.

JC

cajunbarboxplyr

Beatem down wit a Varney
Silver Member
Lafayette la... 4.00 an hour league players. 8.00 if not. Free pool on Sundays from 12-6 at white diamonds and 12-12 at RicKochets Billiards

Played at boggies in Houston and it was a little pricey but the table were kept up very well.

We gona have to go shoot sometime. Ill be at White Diamonds sunday!

Montana Mike

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
In Detroit where I play it is $5 per hour on Diamond Pro-Ams during the day until 7. In the front part of the room on Gold Crown IV tables there is a pass rate that is $6 from open until 6 PM. Monday -Wednesday evenings is $8.50 per hour, Thursday through Sunday evenings are $10 or so per hour.