The Sky Is Falling

Kickin' Chicken

Kick Shot Aficionado
Silver Member
I didn't think I could ever say that mine and Sky Woodward's games were similar but, holy crap, after watching him at day 1 MC, I may reconsider it. :embarrassed2:

On a fairly routine carom I saw him scratch, on a thin cut into a corner I saw him completely miss the ball, add a few rattles and misses and that pretty much summed up his day 1 performance.

The big question is will he snap out of it and be able to put this poor start behind him?

I am sure hoping he can.

What do you all think?

Go USA!

best,
brian kc

beetle

Do I bug you?
Silver Member
Not to gang up on Sky, but....

He had just coached Thorpe to use center ball after getting poor position and then Sky promptly missed the entire ball on a long, but routine cut shot!

And there was the shot where he had an open pocket but, instead, hit a ball that wasn't even in the way, and hit it so hard (twice as hard as necessary) that it caused it to jump off the table giving BIH to the opponents.

I can't imagine the pressure, but Sky has got to settle down and not let it get to him like that. He really played like a C player. I'm ready to see the real Sky!

jasonlaus

Rep for Smorg
Silver Member
It's really a shame MC just doesn't bring out team USA's games, there's not a soul on here that want's to play any of these guys except Chris B, and he isn't getting in his car anytime soon.

I have no idea what the answer is.
Jason

KRJ

Support UKRAINE
Silver Member
It was tough to watch today..... it really was. I mean, instead of thinking how they are gonna get out, I was wondering which ball they were going to mess up on. But, shit happens.

I'm kinda glad in a way, as it shows Mark Wilson did NOTHING wrong, he can't make the shots for you, even straight in 8 balls. You get them ready, but it's on them to actually execute.

As Cubs fans have said for over a century, wait till next year. I'm buying my ticket and will be visting golly old England for the first win in a long time :)

8BallWonderland

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Good comment about Mark Wilson, it wasn't his fault.
This is brutal.
I think they need 6 players so if someone can't make a ball, like Woodward. The coach can sub him out. Also in case someone gets sick or some emergency.

KRJ

Support UKRAINE
Silver Member
Good comment about Mark Wilson, it wasn't his fault.
This is brutal.
I think they need 6 players so if someone can't make a ball, like Woodward. The coach can sub him out. Also in case someone gets sick or some emergency.

Yep, I always think they should have an alternate. What happens if someone came down with the FLU a few days before the event. I've been sick for the last 5 days.

Or, this lets the coach play the hot hand, something to mix it up.

jalapus logan

be all. and supports it to
Silver Member
Yes, the Sky fell and mashed the earth flat, lol. Oh well, he wasn't the only one.

Last edited:

cashin

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I think he played like an amature It was embarrassing!!!
I didn't think I could ever say that mine and Sky Woodward's games were similar but, holy crap, after watching him at day 1 MC, I may reconsider it. :embarrassed2:

On a fairly routine carom I saw him scratch, on a thin cut into a corner I saw him completely miss the ball, add a few rattles and misses and that pretty much summed up his day 1 performance.

The big question is will he snap out of it and be able to put this poor start behind him?

I am sure hoping he can.

What do you all think?

Go USA!

best,
brian kc

jalapus logan

be all. and supports it to
Silver Member
I think he played like an amature It was embarrassing!!!

Indeed he did. Sadly, IMO, it appears that all US players not named Shane pretty much ARE amatures. The US tournament scene seems to be greatly diminishing and those tournaments that continue don't pay the field much.

It seems to me based on comments here from those across the pond that the Euro pool culture is just simply better in almost all aspects. They have clubs that compete and train players. I would love to have that here in the states. Hell, I'd love to have a legitimate pool room within 50 miles of my home...:(

BRussell

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
This was in a span of 10 minutes:
G58o68.gif

voZr2X.gif

Rhea

Retired Road Player
Silver Member

Last edited: