What cue case do you carry?

KLM

Registered
I am interested in upgrading to a modern type case. My 30 year old suitcase type case just seems out of place. I see every one with these beautiful tube type cases by JB, Justis, etc... I would want a 2 x 4 or 3 x 5. Price wise would be $200 - $500 tops.

So, what do you carry, and are you happy with it? I am not trying to start a flame war here, so please keep it as friendly as possible! ;)

leehayes

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I have a J Flowers replica by JB cases that I really like. I just got in one of his JB rugged series that I plan on using to take on my motorcycle and it seems like a really good and light case. The protection of a JB case is definitely top notch.

My flowers is a 2x4 and the rugged is a 1x2

Bowmer

"Shooter"
Silver Member
seems like the old box cases are coming back into style ;) so if you get a new one don't part w/ the old one I would hang on to it.

rrich1

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Jb basic rugged case. Love it. Customized to exactly what i wanted without the high price of leather

dareads

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I've got the JB Prototype case, which I'm guessing is the new rugged line. Great price and an amazing case if you're not looking for anything flashy and just want to protect your cues.

Slow Eddie

I only look Filipino.
Silver Member
Another vote for the JB Basic Rugged. I don't have to worry about scuffing or wetting Fine Corinthian Leather cases, and the thing can get chucked around chock full of cues and provide excellent protection. Way under two bills for the 2x5/3x4 version, and you can upgrade to vinyl/leather and add bells and whistles to your heart's content.

Banks

Banned
A cheap flip-open case.. duct tape holding the ends on and stickers on the top. Easy to grab n go and not concerned with owning a case worth more than my cue.

I've got a 2x2 when I really need to pack a jump cue, etc.

Andrew Manning

Aspiring know-it-all
Silver Member
http://www.seyberts.com/products/2X4_Instroke_Leather_Buffalo_Cue_Case-1005-174.html

Had it for 3 or 4 years now, and I love it. Not sure about how it compares to other cases in terms of being a good deal for the money, but in terms of absolute quality I think it's superb. Really nice look and feel to the material, and great durability. Obviously it's mass-produced, so there's nothing custom or unique about it, which I guess would bother some people, but not me.

-Andrew

RRfireblade

Grammer Are For Stupids
Silver Member
Pretty much all "tube" style , have a few from different makers and of different styles.

I have an envelope styled that I like too.

Rabbit

Banned
I am interested in upgrading to a modern type case. My 30 year old suitcase type case just seems out of place. I see every one with these beautiful tube type cases by JB, Justis, etc... I would want a 2 x 4 or 3 x 5. Price wise would be $200 - $500 tops.

So, what do you carry, and are you happy with it? I am not trying to start a flame war here, so please keep it as friendly as possible! ;)

Id like to see what your case looks like

rayjay

some of the kids
Silver Member
Whitten 2x4, plain black smooth leather, had it for about 4 years now and it's holding up great, no problems at all.

leto1776

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I have an Ozone 3x5 and an Ozone 2x2. I'd love to get a JB or an It's George, but they're so pricey, more than most of my cues.

blah blah

Shoebat
When Barton first started the Flowers Tribute case, he offered a discount to AZB posters for the first few months of production. I jumped on that deal and got a nice 3x5. That was I don't know how many years ago, and the case still looks fairly new, even having been all over the world.

I don't need another case, but I want. The next one will be a Barton Mason 2x4.

http://www.jbcases.com/

cuejo

Cue Repair tech
Silver Member
I have a custom JB and its my favorite.
I have owned a few instrokes and they were nice, but I love the JB!