Wanting Joint Protectors Made

Ken_4fun

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Maybe wrong section but I am looking for someone to make some joint protectors.

I am not looking for recommendations, I am looking for someone that is interested in making some joint protectors.

Ken

Roscoe

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I know of a couple of guys that make nice ones but you're not looking for recommendations.
Roscoe

erhino41

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I want someone to put tires on my car. I dont want recommendations on where to get tires on my car. I just want someone who wants to put tires on my car.

Sent from my LG-H918 using Tapatalk

RRfireblade

Grammer Are For Stupids
Silver Member
I need someone to come over here and make me sandwich. I don't want to know where to get one, that's not what I'm asking,

Buster8001

Did you say shrubberies?
Silver Member
Jim Baxter or Blokid. Both can be messaged on AZ

Wouldn't let Baxter change the tire on my car.

I ordered a 3 piece set from him with coins; cost me over a hundo. What was delivered can only be described as turds with joint pins.

johnnysd

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Wouldn't let Baxter change the tire on my car.

I ordered a 3 piece set from him with coins; cost me over a hundo. What was delivered can only be described as turds with joint pins.

Unfortunately I agree. I paid $75 for a set and they were at best mediocre. I am sending psychic signals to Tony Layne and Anton Tanaka to message the OP about doing joint protectors.

jason

Unprofessional everything
Silver Member

I am not looking for recommendations, I am looking for someone that is interested in making some joint protectors.

Ken

I would try to direct you to the correct section, but you are not looking for recommendations.

CueCaps

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I am sending psychic signals to Tony Layne and Anton Tanaka to message the OP about doing joint protectors.

My name ( for what it's worth :frown: ) is Alton Takata.
I live in a Grass shack in Kealoha , Hawaii.
The Kealoha State.
People.. :smile:
I am retired.
I do not make JP's.
I used to make them.
Not anymore. ( Only for a few "Friends".. :smile:)
No money in making JPs.
That is why your cuemaker will not make them.

Since your here, here's a nice Cue Cap :smile:

Attachments

• Josey.jpg
    Josey.jpg
    115 KB · Views: 468

jason

Unprofessional everything
Silver Member
With all due respect, who needs joint protectors anyway? I mean they look cool and everything, but has anyone ever abused their cues that much that the pin got screwed up? I pretty much abuse my cues and I've never ever had a problem with messing up a pin. I get it especially if you have a high-end cue and it completes the set, probably makes for an easier sell too. Just my two cents.

Texas Carom Club

9ball did to billiards what hiphop did to america
Silver Member
With all due respect, who needs joint protectors anyway?

you could stop right there
none of it is needed, you can play top pool with a house cue
but we spend the money cause its addicting, and cool :wink:

arnaldo

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member

Ken
From a wide variety of manufacturers, here are hundreds to choose from, for any non-metric type of thread joint:

https://tinyurl.com/y4xwjq9r

Arnaldo

BC21

https://www.playpoolbetter.com
Gold Member
Silver Member
With all due respect, who needs joint protectors anyway? I mean they look cool and everything, but has anyone ever abused their cues that much that the pin got screwed up? I pretty much abuse my cues and I've never ever had a problem with messing up a pin. I get it especially if you have a high-end cue and it completes the set, probably makes for an easier sell too. Just my two cents.

Left a poolhall one night with my cue case strapped over my shoulder. I opened the car door and flung the case in. Like an idiot I didn't have the top hasp secure and my cue slid out and hit the pavement, screwed up the joint collar and bent the pin. I don't remember leaving the top of the case loose, but I sure remember that sound of my cue bouncing around in the dark. I use joint protectors now, but I also double check to make sure I close my case every time. And I'm practical, so I buy the cheap black plastic kind. They serve the purpose.

Celophanewrap

Call me Grace
Silver Member
I'm going to go out on a limb here. I know it's over the line but I'm going to make a recommendation. OUCH!

This guy made mine but has a lot of off the shelf

http://www.kornelepoolcues.com/JointProtectorPage.html

Sorry for the recommendation,

Roscoe

Nice looking stuff. The only problem I ever had with purchasing Joint Protectors like those
is that they seem kinda pricey, but I suppose that if I was making something as detailed
as those that I intended to see I might charge something for them. I generally make my
own. I find some wood or a deer horn or some nylon or plastic, something that I like and
I turn them out. Some are really an experiment and make me laugh, and some turn out kinda nice.
I like the stuff that the real craftsmen do, like on the website, it just seems like a lot to spend, but they do look nice.