Go Back   AzBilliards.com > Main Category > Main Forum
Reload this Page Kamui chalk version 1.21 is awesome!
Page 7 of 7 « First 567

Share Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 4 votes, 5.00 average.
looking forward to kamui 1.21
Old
  (#91)
9ballkid28
AzB Bronze Member
9ballkid28 is on a distinguished road

vCash: 500

looking forward to kamui 1.21 - 03-15-2012, 01:16 AM

imo kamui is the best chalk on the market PERIOD regardless or price if you are to cheap to spend 30 bucks on chalk yet you just went out and got a 600.00 pool cue 300.00 case ? chalk is one of the most important things in your equipment y get anything but the best for your $$ oh and by the way kamui is not a scam if i knew nothing else about this 1.21 other then the fact that kamui made it i would still spend the $ to get a cube.

Old
  (#92)
9ballkid28
AzB Bronze Member
9ballkid28 is on a distinguished road

03-15-2012, 01:52 AM

i agree with you it does what it was designed to do

Old
  (#93)
MRP2k12
Banned
MRP2k12 has a reputation beyond reputeMRP2k12 has a reputation beyond reputeMRP2k12 has a reputation beyond reputeMRP2k12 has a reputation beyond reputeMRP2k12 has a reputation beyond reputeMRP2k12 has a reputation beyond reputeMRP2k12 has a reputation beyond reputeMRP2k12 has a reputation beyond reputeMRP2k12 has a reputation beyond reputeMRP2k12 has a reputation beyond reputeMRP2k12 has a reputation beyond repute

03-15-2012, 11:50 AM

*This Message Has Been Deleted by the Poster*

Last edited by MRP2k12; 06-02-2012 at 08:02 AM.

Old
  (#94)
JoeyA
Efren's Mini-Tourn BACKER
JoeyA has a reputation beyond reputeJoeyA has a reputation beyond reputeJoeyA has a reputation beyond reputeJoeyA has a reputation beyond reputeJoeyA has a reputation beyond reputeJoeyA has a reputation beyond reputeJoeyA has a reputation beyond reputeJoeyA has a reputation beyond reputeJoeyA has a reputation beyond reputeJoeyA has a reputation beyond reputeJoeyA has a reputation beyond repute

vCash: 1300

03-15-2012, 02:20 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MRP2k12 View Post
I dont know why everyone is up in arms about the price, kamui isint putting a gun to your head and making you buy it, if you dont want it dont buy it!! simple as that.

I dont use kamui, not because of the price but because i like to chalk before every shot, its part of my preshot routine and if i only had to chalk once a game it would throw me off.

Everyone that goes on and on about the price must be broke and therfore jealous that they will never get to try it.
The new version 1.21 Kamui chalk is designed for people who chalk on every shot.
Just sayin.....

"I would rather not deal with such questions, because it's like shearing a piglet—a lot of squealing and little wool."

The only problem with that is....
Old
  (#95)
Jaden
Dun w/da bullshit 4awhile
Jaden has a reputation beyond reputeJaden has a reputation beyond reputeJaden has a reputation beyond reputeJaden has a reputation beyond reputeJaden has a reputation beyond reputeJaden has a reputation beyond reputeJaden has a reputation beyond reputeJaden has a reputation beyond reputeJaden has a reputation beyond reputeJaden has a reputation beyond reputeJaden has a reputation beyond repute

vCash: 5875

The only problem with that is.... - 03-15-2012, 02:23 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JoeyA View Post
The new version 1.21 Kamui chalk is designed for people who chalk on every shot.
Just sayin.....
That only problem with that is that they are charging the same price for it. If I'm chalking every shot as opposed to once a game, I am going to use up the chalk 5-9 times more quickly. I won't pay the same price for a chalk that I'll have to buy 5-9 times more often when it's that expensive, it should've been brought in at a 15 dollar price point for those that want to chalk more often.

Jaden

Old
  (#96)
JumpinJoe
AzB Silver Member
JumpinJoe has a reputation beyond reputeJumpinJoe has a reputation beyond reputeJumpinJoe has a reputation beyond reputeJumpinJoe has a reputation beyond reputeJumpinJoe has a reputation beyond reputeJumpinJoe has a reputation beyond reputeJumpinJoe has a reputation beyond reputeJumpinJoe has a reputation beyond reputeJumpinJoe has a reputation beyond reputeJumpinJoe has a reputation beyond reputeJumpinJoe has a reputation beyond repute

vCash: 1800

03-15-2012, 02:58 PM

You miscue from a bad stroke. Not because your using masters chalk instead of kamui. How fkin laughable.

Most people using kamui chalk are average players at best.

Old
  (#97)
JoeyA
JoeyA has a reputation beyond reputeJoeyA has a reputation beyond reputeJoeyA has a reputation beyond reputeJoeyA has a reputation beyond reputeJoeyA has a reputation beyond reputeJoeyA has a reputation beyond reputeJoeyA has a reputation beyond reputeJoeyA has a reputation beyond reputeJoeyA has a reputation beyond reputeJoeyA has a reputation beyond reputeJoeyA has a reputation beyond repute

03-15-2012, 04:26 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jaden View Post
That only problem with that is that they are charging the same price for it. If I'm chalking every shot as opposed to once a game, I am going to use up the chalk 5-9 times more quickly. I won't pay the same price for a chalk that I'll have to buy 5-9 times more often when it's that expensive, it should've been brought in at a 15 dollar price point for those that want to chalk more often.

Jaden
For some reason, I seem to want to think that the newer version will last longer. Don't know why because I still haven't tried it. I guess I'll wait until I get a piece before suggesting how long it will last.

"I would rather not deal with such questions, because it's like shearing a piglet—a lot of squealing and little wool."

Old
  (#98)
JoeyA

03-15-2012, 04:27 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JumpinJoe View Post
You miscue from a bad stroke. Not because your using masters chalk instead of kamui. How fkin laughable.

Maybe the average players need Kamui chalk.

test
Old
  (#99)
berlowmj2
AzB Silver Member
berlowmj2 has a reputation beyond reputeberlowmj2 has a reputation beyond reputeberlowmj2 has a reputation beyond reputeberlowmj2 has a reputation beyond reputeberlowmj2 has a reputation beyond reputeberlowmj2 has a reputation beyond reputeberlowmj2 has a reputation beyond reputeberlowmj2 has a reputation beyond reputeberlowmj2 has a reputation beyond reputeberlowmj2 has a reputation beyond reputeberlowmj2 has a reputation beyond repute

Question test - 03-23-2012, 10:25 PM

Has anyone done a blind test in which Kamui .98, Kamui 1.21, & Blue Diamond are rapped in identical wrappers & been able to correctly label them?

Old
  (#100)
Lumocolor
AzB Silver Member
Lumocolor has a reputation beyond reputeLumocolor has a reputation beyond reputeLumocolor has a reputation beyond reputeLumocolor has a reputation beyond reputeLumocolor has a reputation beyond reputeLumocolor has a reputation beyond reputeLumocolor has a reputation beyond reputeLumocolor has a reputation beyond reputeLumocolor has a reputation beyond reputeLumocolor has a reputation beyond reputeLumocolor has a reputation beyond repute

vCash: 1700

03-23-2012, 10:37 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by berlowmj2 View Post
Has anyone done a blind test in which Kamui .98, Kamui 1.21, & Blue Diamond are rapped in identical wrappers & been able to correctly label them?
I haven't done that but i expect it would be fairly easy to tell the kamui apart from the BD. (color, texture, size of the cube)

Last edited by Lumocolor; 03-23-2012 at 10:44 PM.

Old
  (#101)
peter_gunn
])3a]) s']['rok3
peter_gunn has a reputation beyond reputepeter_gunn has a reputation beyond reputepeter_gunn has a reputation beyond reputepeter_gunn has a reputation beyond reputepeter_gunn has a reputation beyond reputepeter_gunn has a reputation beyond reputepeter_gunn has a reputation beyond reputepeter_gunn has a reputation beyond reputepeter_gunn has a reputation beyond reputepeter_gunn has a reputation beyond reputepeter_gunn has a reputation beyond repute

vCash: 25

03-24-2012, 02:35 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JumpinJoe View Post

I bet u think that Ralf Souquet is average also

SFMBE sry for my bad english

playing cue: Siba custom CRO
break cue: Siba custom CRO

Old
  (#102)
fastford
AzB Silver Member
fastford has a reputation beyond reputefastford has a reputation beyond reputefastford has a reputation beyond reputefastford has a reputation beyond reputefastford has a reputation beyond reputefastford has a reputation beyond reputefastford has a reputation beyond reputefastford has a reputation beyond reputefastford has a reputation beyond reputefastford has a reputation beyond reputefastford has a reputation beyond repute

03-24-2012, 02:47 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JoeyA View Post
Just sayin.....
That's what I heard also. For me though I like the old version the best.

playing cue- Predator 4k
j/b -Poison vx2.9

blind test
Old
  (#103)
berlowmj2
AzB Silver Member
berlowmj2 has a reputation beyond reputeberlowmj2 has a reputation beyond reputeberlowmj2 has a reputation beyond reputeberlowmj2 has a reputation beyond reputeberlowmj2 has a reputation beyond reputeberlowmj2 has a reputation beyond reputeberlowmj2 has a reputation beyond reputeberlowmj2 has a reputation beyond reputeberlowmj2 has a reputation beyond reputeberlowmj2 has a reputation beyond reputeberlowmj2 has a reputation beyond repute

blind test - 03-26-2012, 02:47 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lumocolor View Post
I haven't done that but i expect it would be fairly easy to tell the kamui apart from the BD. (color, texture, size of the cube)
We could make it a blind test in which the cue is chalked by someone else.

Or limit it to .98 vs 1.21

Old
  (#104)
Soulweb
One-Ball Champ
Soulweb has a reputation beyond reputeSoulweb has a reputation beyond reputeSoulweb has a reputation beyond reputeSoulweb has a reputation beyond reputeSoulweb has a reputation beyond reputeSoulweb has a reputation beyond reputeSoulweb has a reputation beyond reputeSoulweb has a reputation beyond reputeSoulweb has a reputation beyond reputeSoulweb has a reputation beyond reputeSoulweb has a reputation beyond repute

03-31-2012, 07:08 AM

Great googley moogley! So much fussin' over a piece of chalk. Yeah, the price is an eye-opener. For this kind of money it better have flakes of platinum in or or something.

If you make it, they will come. There is an old saying in advertising, sometimes the price isn't high enough. People naturally equate price with quality on most unknown things. To pay that kind of price, which is crazy when compared to the price of other chalk, one would expect it to do at least 120 times better than a .25 piece of master chalk.

Gimmick or not...Kamui has released a masterful item. Where else will you find a 7 page thread on chalk? How often has the "Kamui" brand name been brought up here? Even if the chalk wasn't anything special on the table, it seems to be an advertising boon for the company at it's least.

In the realm of billiards supplies, from cues, to gadgets and gizmos, the price of the Kamui chalk isn't all that staggering. It's one of the few "pro-priced" pieces of billiards gadgetry than even the most frugal of players can afford.

I congratulate Kamui on getting so much brand exposure off a cube of chalk. Who would have thought that inflating the standard price of a billiards necessity by over 100 times would generate so much brand association and discussion?

Maybe I'll come out with a 100.00 cue claw, or a 100.00 towel.

All this being said, clearly there isn't any one general consensus as to the value of the chalk. I have to admit, I'm curious.

I find myself wondering how many balls Mosconi might have run if he used this chalk...or if the game has been forever changed by the apparent innovation in chalk. Will we see higher run averages? Even if you just assume that the chalk IS that much better than all other chalk out there. ...Even if it was proven that the chalk was far and away a technological breakthrough in the world of billiards...how much would it affect the game? How much of a pool game is decided by chalk, versus simply chalking correctly with any brand? WIll pro players find that they need to use this chalk just to compete on level with their peers that are already using it?

So many questions out there.

Bottom line is it probably doesn't matter to the bangers of the world (that's the other 99.9999% of players). Love it or hate it, it sure seems like the the little cube of money has a following and is here to stay. I would love to see what the actual cost to Kamui is to produce this thing. Even at a 75% markup (chalk to Kamui...Kamui to distributors...distributors to you) it still makes the chalk 7.50 a cube...which is still pretty crazy even at a retail price point.

I'll be interested to see who is using this at the next big tournament I attend.

My .02

Eddie Felson: You gotta have two things to win. You gotta have brains and you gotta have balls. Now, you got too much of one and not enough of the other.

Page 7 of 7 « First 567

Tags
1.21, chalk, kamui

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: