Go Back   AzBilliards.com > Instruction & Ask the pros > Aiming Conversation
Reload this Page What happened to Stans CTE Book and New Video?
Page 7 of 7 « First 567

Share Thread Tools Rate Thread
Old
  (#91)
nine_ball6970
585 speed drunk
nine_ball6970 has a reputation beyond reputenine_ball6970 has a reputation beyond reputenine_ball6970 has a reputation beyond reputenine_ball6970 has a reputation beyond reputenine_ball6970 has a reputation beyond reputenine_ball6970 has a reputation beyond reputenine_ball6970 has a reputation beyond reputenine_ball6970 has a reputation beyond reputenine_ball6970 has a reputation beyond reputenine_ball6970 has a reputation beyond reputenine_ball6970 has a reputation beyond repute

vCash: 500

10-01-2019, 06:17 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bbb View Post
lets look at this thread
the op wanted to know about the release of stans book and video.
it digressed to you and b 21 bickering
unfortunately thats what happens ,,,, eventually the non beleivers and the cte people start feuding
i have tried to broker peace by suggesting both sides let the other side live in peace
and leave each other alone
but i have not had much success.......
I just wonder how many years ago the book was supposed to be released. There isn't anything new to discuss until something new is released.

Low wants to take everything literal when applying it to other things but will not hold the same standards to CTE.

BC21 looks like a solid player. Watch some of his youtube videos and you can see he strokes straight and his aiming system works for him.

These threads are funny because people worry so much about aiming and so little about how poor their strokes are. Pocketing balls is easy if you have a straight stroke. We think it is our aim that is the problem but that is rarely true. If you have played for years then your aim is not the problem.

Old
  (#92)
Patrick Johnson
Fish of the Day
Patrick Johnson has a reputation beyond reputePatrick Johnson has a reputation beyond reputePatrick Johnson has a reputation beyond reputePatrick Johnson has a reputation beyond reputePatrick Johnson has a reputation beyond reputePatrick Johnson has a reputation beyond reputePatrick Johnson has a reputation beyond reputePatrick Johnson has a reputation beyond reputePatrick Johnson has a reputation beyond reputePatrick Johnson has a reputation beyond reputePatrick Johnson has a reputation beyond repute

vCash: 1700

10-01-2019, 06:45 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BC21 View Post
2 or 3 people here misinterpret the statement as if there were a comma. They assume it means, With this system you'll master aiming, because with this system you'll never miss another ball. And that is not what it says.
As the first and most visible claim on the book about the system, with no clarifying disclaimer, it's the obvious implication.

I believe you're an honest guy who knows what he's talking about and you didn't mean it to look that way, but that's the way it looks to me. I'm not trying to criticize you for it - just offering a friendly unbiased perspective about how it might reasonably appear to others.

pj
chgo

Old
  (#93)
bbb
AzB Silver Member

bbb has a reputation beyond reputebbb has a reputation beyond reputebbb has a reputation beyond reputebbb has a reputation beyond reputebbb has a reputation beyond reputebbb has a reputation beyond reputebbb has a reputation beyond reputebbb has a reputation beyond reputebbb has a reputation beyond reputebbb has a reputation beyond reputebbb has a reputation beyond repute

10-01-2019, 07:20 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Low500 View Post
I'm not going to just sit and let the "chosen few" have their way in stating that when Stan teaches that CTE takes care of any adjustments, throw, or guesswork...they get to merrily say it is a bunch of hooey.
I'm saying over and over that this poolology cover claim is a bunch of hooey and NOBODY WILL EVER GET TO THE POINT WHERE THEY NEVER MISS A BALL. Poolology won't do it, ghostball won't do it, CTE won't do it, NO SYSTEM will ever do that. And nobody will ever MASTER AIMING,,they will still miss balls. Mosconi did, Greenleaf did, Buddy Hall did, Alex The Lion does, Dennis O. does..they ALL do. And poolology or cte or xyz or bdef or physics or protractors or math or positive thinking will not change that. To say it will, is a lie.
It ain't never happened and it never will happen....evahhhhhhhhhh.
You better believe I'm watching this Brian Crist and his poolology like a hawk and every time he misses a ball and gets beat...you will hear about it from me. Now he's crawfishing with "that's not what it really meant", "you don't understand grammar", and other "qualifiers"...(sounds like a politician, to me, when they get caught...."you're taking me out of context"). I say bullfeathers.
He has me on ignore so it won't bother him, but I will proclaim to the rest of the pool world, in this limited area, about not being fooled by those claims made on the cover of that book. (in my opinion the stuff on the inside isn't too much better...just an amateur teaching amateurs to be amateurs is what I think)
You are free to put me on ignore as well. I will continue to speak the truth about the lie of any aiming system that proclaims: "Master Aiming and never miss another ball"
Attachment 530984
Obviously you are going to do whatever you want to.
I will point out that he does NOT say master poolology and never miss a ball...
Just sayin....
Have a nice day....

Old
  (#94)
BC21
Poolology

BC21 has a reputation beyond reputeBC21 has a reputation beyond reputeBC21 has a reputation beyond reputeBC21 has a reputation beyond reputeBC21 has a reputation beyond reputeBC21 has a reputation beyond reputeBC21 has a reputation beyond reputeBC21 has a reputation beyond reputeBC21 has a reputation beyond reputeBC21 has a reputation beyond reputeBC21 has a reputation beyond repute

10-01-2019, 07:21 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by nine_ball6970 View Post
I just wonder how many years ago the book was supposed to be released. There isn't anything new to discuss until something new is released.

Low wants to take everything literal when applying it to other things but will not hold the same standards to CTE.

BC21 looks like a solid player. Watch some of his youtube videos and you can see he strokes straight and his aiming system works for him.

These threads are funny because people worry so much about aiming and so little about how poor their strokes are. Pocketing balls is easy if you have a straight stroke. We think it is our aim that is the problem but that is rarely true. If you have played for years then your aim is not the problem.
Good post. Once you've played long enough you do develop a good idea of where the cb needs to be in order to pocket a ball. Getting it there is an entirely different process, and with inconsistent results you don't get the positive feedback needed in order to know for sure that you are aiming correctly and accurately. Aiming systems allow quicker refinement of recognizing where the cb needs to be, or the line it needs to travel, but they do nothing for the mechanics of the stroke needed to accomplish this.

The combination of stroke, stance, and knowledge of exactly where the cb needs to be and how to get it there is what comprises "aiming". Inconsistencies in any one of these elements will result in inconsistent shot making, regardless of how many years you keep at it. It's because we develop habits of inconsistency. Good thing is habits can be reprogrammed to suit our desires.

POOLOLOGY
YouTube
Brian Crist

Old
  (#95)
Low500
AzB Silver Member
Low500 has a reputation beyond reputeLow500 has a reputation beyond reputeLow500 has a reputation beyond reputeLow500 has a reputation beyond reputeLow500 has a reputation beyond reputeLow500 has a reputation beyond reputeLow500 has a reputation beyond reputeLow500 has a reputation beyond reputeLow500 has a reputation beyond reputeLow500 has a reputation beyond reputeLow500 has a reputation beyond repute

10-01-2019, 07:41 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Patrick Johnson View Post
As the first and most visible claim on the book about the system, with no clarifying disclaimer, it's the obvious implication.
I believe you're an honest guy who knows what he's talking about and you didn't mean it to look that way, but that's the way it looks to me. I'm not trying to criticize you for it - just offering a friendly unbiased perspective about how it might reasonably appear to others.
pj
chgo
Ooops!

"It is almost impossible to free simpletons from the chains they revere."

Old
  (#96)
Patrick Johnson
Fish of the Day
Patrick Johnson has a reputation beyond reputePatrick Johnson has a reputation beyond reputePatrick Johnson has a reputation beyond reputePatrick Johnson has a reputation beyond reputePatrick Johnson has a reputation beyond reputePatrick Johnson has a reputation beyond reputePatrick Johnson has a reputation beyond reputePatrick Johnson has a reputation beyond reputePatrick Johnson has a reputation beyond reputePatrick Johnson has a reputation beyond reputePatrick Johnson has a reputation beyond repute

10-01-2019, 08:35 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Low500 View Post
Ooops!
Says the guy who promotes Magical Aiming with every post.

pj
chgo

Old
  (#97)
BC21
Poolology

BC21 has a reputation beyond reputeBC21 has a reputation beyond reputeBC21 has a reputation beyond reputeBC21 has a reputation beyond reputeBC21 has a reputation beyond reputeBC21 has a reputation beyond reputeBC21 has a reputation beyond reputeBC21 has a reputation beyond reputeBC21 has a reputation beyond reputeBC21 has a reputation beyond reputeBC21 has a reputation beyond repute

10-01-2019, 10:16 AM

Quote:

pj
chgo
I understand. Never thought much about how those words would be taken.

POOLOLOGY
YouTube
Brian Crist

Old
  (#98)
Patrick Johnson
Fish of the Day

10-01-2019, 10:37 AM

Quote:

pj
chgo
Quote:
I understand. Never thought much about how those words would be taken.
On the other hand, I don't think it's a big deal. It's not like you claimed for 20+ years that your system defies geometry and logic, whining the entire time about being "persecuted" for it, until the whole aiming topic was banished to Subforum Siberia.

pj <- like some I can think of
chgo

Old
  (#99)
cookie man
AzB Silver Member
cookie man has a reputation beyond reputecookie man has a reputation beyond reputecookie man has a reputation beyond reputecookie man has a reputation beyond reputecookie man has a reputation beyond reputecookie man has a reputation beyond reputecookie man has a reputation beyond reputecookie man has a reputation beyond reputecookie man has a reputation beyond reputecookie man has a reputation beyond reputecookie man has a reputation beyond repute

10-01-2019, 01:31 PM

Quote:
On the other hand, I don't think it's a big deal. It's not like you claimed for 20+ years that your system defies geometry and logic, whining the entire time about being "persecuted" for it, until the whole aiming topic was banished to Subforum Siberia.

pj <- like some I can think of
chgo
So do tell us more about your lizard head bob system. The masses are intrigued

Old
  (#100)
Snooker Theory
AzB Silver Member
Snooker Theory has a reputation beyond reputeSnooker Theory has a reputation beyond reputeSnooker Theory has a reputation beyond reputeSnooker Theory has a reputation beyond reputeSnooker Theory has a reputation beyond reputeSnooker Theory has a reputation beyond reputeSnooker Theory has a reputation beyond reputeSnooker Theory has a reputation beyond reputeSnooker Theory has a reputation beyond reputeSnooker Theory has a reputation beyond reputeSnooker Theory has a reputation beyond repute

10-01-2019, 02:05 PM

Quote:
No name calling. You have already proven to be a liar.
Nice setup right there.

Page 7 of 7 « First 567

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: