Go Back   AzBilliards.com > Main Category > Main Forum
Reload this Page How many think Florian "Venom" Kohler should have his own line of cues?
Page 1 of 2 1 2

Share Thread Tools Rate Thread
How many think Florian "Venom" Kohler should have his own line of cues?
Old
  (#1)
shasta777
AzB Silver Member
shasta777 has a reputation beyond reputeshasta777 has a reputation beyond reputeshasta777 has a reputation beyond reputeshasta777 has a reputation beyond reputeshasta777 has a reputation beyond reputeshasta777 has a reputation beyond reputeshasta777 has a reputation beyond reputeshasta777 has a reputation beyond reputeshasta777 has a reputation beyond reputeshasta777 has a reputation beyond reputeshasta777 has a reputation beyond repute

vCash: 500

How many think Florian "Venom" Kohler should have his own line of cues? - 04-19-2020, 07:47 PM

Just was thinking out loud... :-)

Since Florian "Venom" Kohler is proving once again, he is one of the Best, if NOT the Best trickshot pool artist in the world!!
I really think somehow he should be honored by having his own line of cues... main reason is because it is such a specialized part
of billiards & gives so many people enjoyment & entertainment... thinking it would be a great way to honor a special talent!!!

Just wanted to see if anybody else also agrees... this is my 2 cents anyhow.... for what it is worth... like to hear what some others think or feel...

Way to go Florian... well done!!! Congratulations!!! Your *star* just got brighter my friend!!!!
Take those 16 Bald Headed kids now & put them to bed... & yourself... lol... Well deserved Record & Rest!!!

Add your comments if you like!!! :-)

shasta777

Last edited by shasta777; 04-19-2020 at 07:59 PM.

Old
  (#2)
HawaiianEye
Banned
HawaiianEye has a reputation beyond reputeHawaiianEye has a reputation beyond reputeHawaiianEye has a reputation beyond reputeHawaiianEye has a reputation beyond reputeHawaiianEye has a reputation beyond reputeHawaiianEye has a reputation beyond reputeHawaiianEye has a reputation beyond reputeHawaiianEye has a reputation beyond reputeHawaiianEye has a reputation beyond reputeHawaiianEye has a reputation beyond reputeHawaiianEye has a reputation beyond repute

04-19-2020, 07:58 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by shasta777 View Post

Since Florian "Venom" Kohler is proving once again, he is one of the Best, if NOT the Best trickshot pool artist in the world!! I really think somehow he should be honored
by having his own line of cues... main reason is because it is such a specialized part
of billiards & gives so many people enjoyment & entertainment... thinking it would be
a great way to honor a special talent!!!

Just wanted to see if anybody else also agrees... this is my 2 cents anyhow.... for what
it is worth... like to hear what some others think or feel...

shasta777
Whenever I try to get a game where we have to jump the cue ball over three tables to play 9-ball on the 4th table, nobody wants to play.

Maybe because they don't have one of his cues.

Old
  (#3)
trinacria
in efren we trust
trinacria has a reputation beyond reputetrinacria has a reputation beyond reputetrinacria has a reputation beyond reputetrinacria has a reputation beyond reputetrinacria has a reputation beyond reputetrinacria has a reputation beyond reputetrinacria has a reputation beyond reputetrinacria has a reputation beyond reputetrinacria has a reputation beyond reputetrinacria has a reputation beyond reputetrinacria has a reputation beyond repute

04-19-2020, 08:04 PM

what record? and besides a jump cue I don't see how he could market his name to playing cues.

" love this game. its the hardest game in the world, its a beautiful game and when played right, it can be poetic, artistic." me.

If you need an aiming system, you have no natural talent for the game. Sorry.

Old
  (#4)
Cuebuddy
Mini cues
Cuebuddy has a reputation beyond reputeCuebuddy has a reputation beyond reputeCuebuddy has a reputation beyond reputeCuebuddy has a reputation beyond reputeCuebuddy has a reputation beyond reputeCuebuddy has a reputation beyond reputeCuebuddy has a reputation beyond reputeCuebuddy has a reputation beyond reputeCuebuddy has a reputation beyond reputeCuebuddy has a reputation beyond reputeCuebuddy has a reputation beyond repute

vCash: 1700

04-19-2020, 08:18 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by shasta777 View Post

Since Florian "Venom" Kohler is proving once again, he is one of the Best, if NOT the Best trickshot pool artist in the world!!
I really think somehow he should be honored by having his own line of cues... main reason is because it is such a specialized part
of billiards & gives so many people enjoyment & entertainment... thinking it would be a great way to honor a special talent!!!

Just wanted to see if anybody else also agrees... this is my 2 cents anyhow.... for what it is worth... like to hear what some others think or feel...

Way to go Florian... well done!!! Congratulations!!! Your *star* just got brighter my friend!!!!
Take those 16 Bald Headed kids now & put them to bed... & yourself... lol... Well deserved Record & Rest!!!

shasta777

I have a hunch that Florian has toyed with the idea of having a line of cues that he could endorse. I bet it could work. As far as Florian being the best? By far! There are many very good trick shot artists out there but its his imagination that makes him so amazing.

Cuebuddy

"I'm terrified every time you shoot"
Chisolm W

"14-1, 9 ball, 8 ball whats the difference....you put balls in holes."
Measureman

Old
  (#5)
gogg
AzB Silver Member
gogg has a reputation beyond reputegogg has a reputation beyond reputegogg has a reputation beyond reputegogg has a reputation beyond reputegogg has a reputation beyond reputegogg has a reputation beyond reputegogg has a reputation beyond reputegogg has a reputation beyond reputegogg has a reputation beyond reputegogg has a reputation beyond reputegogg has a reputation beyond repute

04-19-2020, 08:18 PM

Hijack——- watching Florian makes me want to try a real massè cue.
Has anybody used one? Did it actually help with that crazy action?

(Yet another thing that I cannot REALLY do... oh, sometimes, to some extent, but not like THAT!)

Even a bad day at the table is better than a good day at work!

“A man, as a general rule,owes very little to what he is born with.
A man is what he makes of himself.”
Alexander Graham Bell

Old
  (#6)
benny-the-blade
Much Very Good Gambler
benny-the-blade has a reputation beyond reputebenny-the-blade has a reputation beyond reputebenny-the-blade has a reputation beyond reputebenny-the-blade has a reputation beyond reputebenny-the-blade has a reputation beyond reputebenny-the-blade has a reputation beyond reputebenny-the-blade has a reputation beyond reputebenny-the-blade has a reputation beyond reputebenny-the-blade has a reputation beyond reputebenny-the-blade has a reputation beyond reputebenny-the-blade has a reputation beyond repute

04-19-2020, 08:26 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by trinacria View Post
what record? and besides a jump cue I don't see how he could market his name to playing cues.
He set the Guinness world record today for the most trick shots made in a 24 hour span.

“I’m a skill player, not a luck player.” - - Earl Strickland

Old
  (#7)
sjm
Stu with the Ko brothers
sjm has a reputation beyond reputesjm has a reputation beyond reputesjm has a reputation beyond reputesjm has a reputation beyond reputesjm has a reputation beyond reputesjm has a reputation beyond reputesjm has a reputation beyond reputesjm has a reputation beyond reputesjm has a reputation beyond reputesjm has a reputation beyond reputesjm has a reputation beyond repute

vCash: 525

04-19-2020, 08:52 PM

Ultimately, the question is whether such a line of cues would sell, not whether Florian should be honored with his own line of cues.

Florian can be viewed as the successor to Mike Massey who was, for many years, the undisputed trick shot king. Although he had some sponsorship from the cue companies, I don't think Mike ever had a line of cues.

It's never about whether the player deserves a line of cues, but instead about whether the name recognition that would go with that line of cues, assuming they are of reasonable quality, would move the product for the manufacturer.

I don't think it's crystal clear that a "Venom" line of cues would be a big seller. Pretty tough to say one way or the other.

Old
  (#8)
AzB Silver Member
Cron has a reputation beyond reputeCron has a reputation beyond reputeCron has a reputation beyond reputeCron has a reputation beyond reputeCron has a reputation beyond reputeCron has a reputation beyond reputeCron has a reputation beyond reputeCron has a reputation beyond reputeCron has a reputation beyond reputeCron has a reputation beyond reputeCron has a reputation beyond repute

04-19-2020, 09:58 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by gogg View Post

(Yet another thing that I cannot REALLY do... oh, sometimes, to some extent, but not like THAT!)
Yes, but not because you can't do it full stick. I learned full stick and at the time the 8' corner to corner parabola was a typical training/gauge exercise on 3 cushion tables. Dedicated sticks make it much easier to do, but I can't say they cause more rotation. I heard rumors of some sticks emulating a greased ball dynamic, but I never saw it (or believe it).

What I find strangest is that it only takes about 8 straight hours to learn the simplicity of controlling masse, but so few take the time to learn it. However, in pocket billiards the only game type were it becomes a massive advantage is in 1-Pocket, but most games are run-out and it has almost little opportunity in those game types (although, it comes up). My 3 cushion glory days are long gone, but I do play a lot of Honolulu and even there it doesn't come up much (since you can use any ball).

Last edited by Cron; 04-19-2020 at 10:10 PM.

Old
  (#9)
MattPoland
AzB Silver Member
MattPoland has a reputation beyond reputeMattPoland has a reputation beyond reputeMattPoland has a reputation beyond reputeMattPoland has a reputation beyond reputeMattPoland has a reputation beyond reputeMattPoland has a reputation beyond reputeMattPoland has a reputation beyond reputeMattPoland has a reputation beyond reputeMattPoland has a reputation beyond reputeMattPoland has a reputation beyond reputeMattPoland has a reputation beyond repute

04-19-2020, 10:20 PM

This could be up there with Mizerak cues. I like it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Old
  (#10)
evergruven
AzB Silver Member

evergruven has a reputation beyond reputeevergruven has a reputation beyond reputeevergruven has a reputation beyond reputeevergruven has a reputation beyond reputeevergruven has a reputation beyond reputeevergruven has a reputation beyond reputeevergruven has a reputation beyond reputeevergruven has a reputation beyond reputeevergruven has a reputation beyond reputeevergruven has a reputation beyond reputeevergruven has a reputation beyond repute

04-19-2020, 10:38 PM

speak of that trick shot-shooting devil and he appears!
https://www.azbilliards.com/news/sto...-world-record/

A billiard table is that richest of metaphors,
by turns a theatre, an altar, touchstone, gauntlet,
ritual ground, a gunfighter's high noon, a refuge,
a verdant landscape for balls to scatter and rest in meaningful synchronicity,
a classroom, a karma dance, mirror of moods, a guide and trusted friend...

-- from grissim's "billiards"

Old
  (#11)
briankenobi
AzB Silver Member
briankenobi has a reputation beyond reputebriankenobi has a reputation beyond reputebriankenobi has a reputation beyond reputebriankenobi has a reputation beyond reputebriankenobi has a reputation beyond reputebriankenobi has a reputation beyond reputebriankenobi has a reputation beyond reputebriankenobi has a reputation beyond reputebriankenobi has a reputation beyond reputebriankenobi has a reputation beyond reputebriankenobi has a reputation beyond repute

04-19-2020, 11:36 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by gogg View Post

A masse cue really helps. I use a custom masse cue from Abram Diaz (Too Tall Custom Cues) It retails around $650 or so. Action sells a masse cue for around $125. The weight helps with the energy transfer. Let the cue do the work. The length helps as well so you don't have to hold a long cue.

Playing Cue: McDermott G903, I3 Shaft, Navigator Black Super Soft tip for regular pool. I2 Shaft with Navigator Black soft tip for Artistic Pool
Break Cue: Stinger
Jump Cue: McDermott Big boy shaft with Jump Handle/ Marty Carey Jump Cue
Masse Cue: Too Tall Custom Cues Masse Cue

www.gospeltrickshot.org
http://www.mcdermottcue.com
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCRC...yTfxDrlYmwMBOQ

Old
  (#12)
briankenobi
AzB Silver Member
briankenobi has a reputation beyond reputebriankenobi has a reputation beyond reputebriankenobi has a reputation beyond reputebriankenobi has a reputation beyond reputebriankenobi has a reputation beyond reputebriankenobi has a reputation beyond reputebriankenobi has a reputation beyond reputebriankenobi has a reputation beyond reputebriankenobi has a reputation beyond reputebriankenobi has a reputation beyond reputebriankenobi has a reputation beyond repute

04-19-2020, 11:39 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by sjm View Post
Ultimately, the question is whether such a line of cues would sell, not whether Florian should be honored with his own line of cues.

Florian can be viewed as the successor to Mike Massey who was, for many years, the undisputed trick shot king. Although he had some sponsorship from the cue companies, I don't think Mike ever had a line of cues.

It's never about whether the player deserves a line of cues, but instead about whether the name recognition that would go with that line of cues, assuming they are of reasonable quality, would move the product for the manufacturer.

I don't think it's crystal clear that a "Venom" line of cues would be a big seller. Pretty tough to say one way or the other.

Florian has his own Jump Cue. I believe he has had it out our for about 6 months or so but I could be wrong.

Playing Cue: McDermott G903, I3 Shaft, Navigator Black Super Soft tip for regular pool. I2 Shaft with Navigator Black soft tip for Artistic Pool
Break Cue: Stinger
Jump Cue: McDermott Big boy shaft with Jump Handle/ Marty Carey Jump Cue
Masse Cue: Too Tall Custom Cues Masse Cue

www.gospeltrickshot.org
http://www.mcdermottcue.com
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCRC...yTfxDrlYmwMBOQ

Old
  (#13)
Thunder Thighs
learning daily...
Thunder Thighs has a reputation beyond reputeThunder Thighs has a reputation beyond reputeThunder Thighs has a reputation beyond reputeThunder Thighs has a reputation beyond reputeThunder Thighs has a reputation beyond reputeThunder Thighs has a reputation beyond reputeThunder Thighs has a reputation beyond reputeThunder Thighs has a reputation beyond reputeThunder Thighs has a reputation beyond reputeThunder Thighs has a reputation beyond reputeThunder Thighs has a reputation beyond repute

vCash: 2950

04-20-2020, 12:06 AM

I think the cue companies should go for it. A lot of marketing needs to be done. So the guys with deep pockets at Predator and Cuetec will probably be more successful at launching a Florian cue than a smaller company.

Old
  (#14)
trob
AzB Silver Member
trob has a reputation beyond reputetrob has a reputation beyond reputetrob has a reputation beyond reputetrob has a reputation beyond reputetrob has a reputation beyond reputetrob has a reputation beyond reputetrob has a reputation beyond reputetrob has a reputation beyond reputetrob has a reputation beyond reputetrob has a reputation beyond reputetrob has a reputation beyond repute

04-20-2020, 04:02 AM

The difference is mike could also play ... trick shots was just something to make money when not in tournaments or action. There is a big difference.

No. The only people that would buy that would be newbie apa players who love this guy. Other then that the market is pretty thin. Nice kid..good entertainer .. but that’s about it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by sjm View Post

Player........... road line with 12.9 revo and 314/3
Break cue.... bk3
jump cue..... Fury
Case............ Molinari butterfly

If you live with one foot in the future and one in the past you'll piss all over the present.

Old
  (#15)
measureman
AzB Silver Member
measureman has a reputation beyond reputemeasureman has a reputation beyond reputemeasureman has a reputation beyond reputemeasureman has a reputation beyond reputemeasureman has a reputation beyond reputemeasureman has a reputation beyond reputemeasureman has a reputation beyond reputemeasureman has a reputation beyond reputemeasureman has a reputation beyond reputemeasureman has a reputation beyond reputemeasureman has a reputation beyond repute

vCash: 1500

04-20-2020, 08:17 AM

We could get Deano to market them.
Huge profit margin.

New cue-Schmelke custom Bocote merry widow
Best of the bunch- The Mighty Lucasi Cocobolo
Back up cue - Troy Downey
I woke up.
Triangles tips and Masters chalk are good enough.

Willie said “I will only say this...when I beat Ralph, they would say it was because he was drinking....but every time he beat me, he was drinking too.”

The Truth: If you have a stroke the gear don't matter... If you don't have a stroke the gear won't help.
The above quote by Softshot

Page 1 of 2 1 2

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: