Trey Sprye

101 Stonybrook Rd

Rocky Mount, NC 27804-2138

Associated: Walter C Sprye, Faye B Sprye

steveinflorida

Silver Member
Rating - 100%
4   0   0
I HATE to hear of this sort of thing. :angry: By all means contact the police.
The bum is a thief !
Good luck and I hope it comes back around on him.

ccn7

Ole Pool Fool
Silver Member
Rating - 100%
2   0   0
We need to make a quick referance list of rip offs. I can add a name or 2 myself. top of my list... Eddy Wheat... most of you know of his scam but maybe the info will help a newbie like i was when he got me.. sorry about your lost.

poolhustler

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Rating - 100%
207   0   0
Please give this guy a NEGATIVE iTrader.

I gave him negative rep and turned him red, not that it matters much.

He hasn't been on here since July 2010 it appears.

CamposCues

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Rating - 100%
9   0   0
Info is always readily available. This may be a good place to send the cop's;

Trey Sprye

101 Stonybrook Rd

Rocky Mount, NC 27804-2138

Associated: Walter C Sprye, Faye B Sprye

Thanks for the address. Do you happen to know if it is illegal to send a turd usps;)

Last edited:

bklynjava

I use PK...UFIGUREITOUT
Silver Member
Rating - 100%
66   0   0
I see this is also a possibility http://twitter.com/#!/traa89

http://www.dunnington-sprye.com/India_Walter_family/skip/trey_sprye.htm

traa89.jpg

http://www.youtube.com/user/traa89
by traa89
Latest Activity
May 30, 2012
Date Joined
Dec 23, 2006
Country
United States

Last edited:

CamposCues

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Rating - 100%
9   0   0
Well, I am sorry to find humor in this crappy thread...but that made me laugh.

Yeah, those chics look out of his league. He must have been at the pool hall, with the free cue I built him, when they both fell in love with the cue. He probably photo shopped it out of that beach pic. It was a real panty dropper lol.

jmoschgat

Be the ball, Danny.
Silver Member
Rating - 100%
39   0   0
With all this good info you've gotten why not call the police in the area and see what they can do?

justinb386

Banned
Rating - 100%
52   0   0
According to the law, it is not considered stealing (or a theft). I remember a $400 BMX bike that I had back when I was 14. I loaned the bike to this kid that I did not know very well (and I know that was very stupid of me to do), and the kid never returned the bike to me. My mother called the local police about it, and they told her that it was not considered a theft because I actually gave the bike (loaned the bike) to the kid, so there was nothing that the police could do about it. You can't trust people, no matter how nice they seem to be. Always collect the money before shipping an item. Unless you are dealing with a good friend (that you have known in person for a long time), than do not trust anyone. I know the guy is a thief, but the police will not see it that way, and they will not be able to arrest the guy for the theft (because they will not see it as an actual theft). Sorry, but it is your fault for trusting a person that you do not actually know. I am sure that you have learned a big lesson about trusting people. I know that most people in the world are good, but I would still never do that kind of thing again (like sending a western union money transfer of $600 to a seller in china for laptops that I never received). We all need to learn that nobody (except for close family, and good close friends) can be trusted.

I HATE to hear of this sort of thing. :angry: By all means contact the police.
The bum is a thief !
Good luck and I hope it comes back around on him.

Black-Balled

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Rating - 100%
20   0   0
YOu got a little wrong and a little right...you are right that money orders to China are a bad idea.
You are wrong about "When the cue was in progress he asked if he could just buy the cue outright because he had a friend or something who wanted the clubs. I said no problem. We agreed on $400. I delivered the cue in early December" being analogues to a child loaning a bicycle to another child. Not paying for an item is a breach of contract...fraud.

According to the law, it is not considered stealing (or a theft). I remember a $400 BMX bike that I had back when I was 14. I loaned the bike to this kid that I did not know very well (and I know that was very stupid of me to do), and the kid never returned the bike to me. My mother called the local police about it, and they told her that it was not considered a theft because I actually gave the bike (loaned the bike) to the kid, so there was nothing that the police could do about it. You can't trust people, no matter how nice they seem to be. Always collect the money before shipping an item. Unless you are dealing with a good friend (that you have known in person for a long time), than do not trust anyone. I know the guy is a thief, but the police will not see it that way, and they will not be able to arrest the guy for the theft (because they will not see it as an actual theft). Sorry, but it is your fault for trusting a person that you do not actually know. I am sure that you have learned a big lesson about trusting people. I know that most people in the world are good, but I would still never do that kind of thing again (like sending a western union money transfer of $600 to a seller in china for laptops that I never received). We all need to learn that nobody (except for close family, and good close friends) can be trusted.

jmf041

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Rating - 100%
35   0   0

No there is a difference. You loaned the bike to him there was no agreement he could hold it for as long as he pleases because it was not a sale.

Campos had an agreement, He was to make a cue for him with the stipulation that this guy pays him x amount of money it is stealing it is theft of service though. Like if you have a contractor do work on your house then you stiff the bill or eating in a restaurant and running out. Or more appropriate going to a pool hall where they dont require an id to play then running out before paying. Theft of service it is illegal.

Manoman2444

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Rating - 100%
11   0   0

Sorry to disagree with you here. The kid keeping your bike was theft, and it would have been resolved in a different matter in our area. The cue is actually theft and theft of services. My advice is to call the Detective Bureau in the area where he is susposed to live. They may have to send you a theft report to fill out (ask them if you should get it notorized before sending back). They will have to have some kind of official report before they can do much. JMO

CamposCues

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Rating - 100%
9   0   0
Yes, I believe it was theft. I have several emails from him stringing me along about when he will pay me the money he owes me. I probably should have called the police but in my experience they never do anything. They usually work harder finding a reason to not pursue the case. Maybe it is different in NC.

I thought about emailing everyone on his family tree website, just so they know what a dbag that little sissy is.

RFranklin

Ready, fire...aim
Silver Member
Rating - 100%
14   0   0
Time on my hands

I dont know how this fits into your timeline but it looks like he may have had some "official police business" about the time that you delivered the cue. I doubt you will see a penny from this punk but hope this helps.

NOV 2, 2009 POLICE LOG: "Walter Clement Sprye III, of 5006 Carleton Drive in Wilmington, was arrested for breaking Warehouse Apartments’ front door window by punching it with his hand around 1:20 a.m. Sunday at 316 West Rosemary St., according to Chapel Hill police reports.
The glass door was worth $100, reports state."

I dont know if this is related but he was placed on probation (see below) so the cops in the area probably already know of him.

http://webapps6.doc.state.nc.us/opi...turl=pagelistoffendersearchresults&listpage=2

I am sure his WWII vet grandfaher would be proud.