Kevin Varney.

I rack balls

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
If you are reading this please respond to my messages. If anyone can contact Kevin Varney and direct him to this post please do so.

THANKS!!

Eric.

manwon

"WARLOCK 1"
Silver Member
Let me guess.... you paid for a cue in full, he's way past the due date and won't respond....

I think that I must be dreaming, because it seems like this may have happened before, the only thing I don't understand is why it continues to happen!!!!!:scratchhead::scratchhead::scratchhead:

Good luck to the OP, I hope things work out for you, and I suspect that they will in the next few months!!!!!:banghead:

It seem that this happens every year around this time!!!!:cool:

manwon

"WARLOCK 1"
Silver Member
I am! I asked for a refund after I finally had enough BS. He was "not in the position to give refunds" so he said he would sell it for me. He finished the cue and sold it.

http://forums.azbilliards.com/showthread.php?t=148541&highlight=varney

Now I am waiting for the refund. I figured I would wait a month :frown:

Partner, this is really a shame, but not unexpected at all. This has been happening for around two years to different AZ members, and I really hope this situation works out for you. I don't think Mr. Varney is bad person, but his business philosophy and customer service is very poor. First I am surprised that Kevin has not learned from prior situations not to request payment in full up front, and second I am surprised that people still allow him to put them in this position.

But this is the problem with the I-Trader rating system, if you look at his I-trader and I am sure you did it appears that he is a safe bet to do business with. The reason this has happened is because out of kindness he has not been given the poor rating he deserves or people did not post a rating at all.

I do not know why the forum has not put an end to this situation, his record is well know by the members who have been here for a few years, when is enough going to be enough. If I were I would contact the AzHousePro who owns this forum, he may be able to help you contact Mr. Varney.

Good Luck, and keep this thread on top!!!!!!

UrackmIcrackm

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I shouldn't be but I can't help but be amazed at the fact that these threads continue to pop up. How long has this been happening, two yrs give or take? Its definitely a sad situation, especially given the trying times of the economy. :shakehead:

I hope this works out for you, Eric. Good luck.

I rack balls

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Well I sent this in a PM to another member and figured I might as well tell the story.

I paid for a cue in DEC 07. He said if I paid that day in full he guaranteed he would have it to me by feb08. All the commotion started here a bit after I bought it. I figured what the hell i'll just wait till he catches up. Finally get in contact with him earlier this year and 3 times he gave me the "its almost ready looks amazing" lines. He finally sent me one saying that it would ship out monday and to check the gallery section, never said a word after that. 3 months after that I just asked for a refund. I don't even play pool anymore lol. He then told me he is in no position to refund money on cues, especially near complete ones. He FINALLY finished it, said he would be a nice guy and put it up for sale. He did and from the looks of the thread he sold it. I haven't heard from him since.

It's just unbelievable that they still let him do business on here.

pooltchr

Prof. Billiard Instructor
Silver Member
KV was a regular in a weekly tournament here for a while, but now that I think about it, I haven't even seen him in several weeks.
If he shows up, I will mention this thread to him.
Steve

Das928

Banned
Wow. I'm really not surprised at all....

Kevin, you're a thief and a hack cue assembler at best. Your business ethics suck and you should be banned.

I doubt that he is gonna quit going to a pool tournament if he decided to stiff you. Maybe he got sick, Car accident you never know

btoneill

Keeper of the Cheese
Silver Member
Wow. I'm really not surprised at all....

Kevin, you're a thief and a hack cue assembler at best. Your business ethics suck and you should be banned.

He's banned from the pool hall that I hang out at...

I think my favorite thing is watching him play pool wearing his "Play with a Varney or get beat by one" t-shirt and losing...

We debated making t-shirts that said:
"Play with a mop-handle or get beat upside the head by one" to start wearing to tournaments in the Charlotte area...

Brian

UrackmIcrackm

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I doubt that he is gonna quit going to a pool tournament if he decided to stiff you. Maybe he got sick, Car accident you never know

He's used all of those excuses in the past. If it wasn't him having health problems, it was someone in his family, someone he knew, you name it he's been through it. :rolleyes: He's out of excuses. He's got horrific customer service skills and should not be trusted.

Shawn Armstrong

AZB deceased - stopped posting 5/13/2022
Silver Member
Top 10 Reasons Kevin Varney is late with the payment:

10. His dog ate the cheque/money order.
9. His PayPal account is having health problems.
8. He's unable to use the computer because there is a huge Electro-Magnetic field surrounding only his house.
7. The cheque is in the mail - USPS must have lost it.
6. He's working hard to finish up your cheque, and it should be ready next Monday for delivery.
5. He didn't like the way the cheque turned out, so he's redoing the cheque, as he has quality standards he has to uphold. The new cheque should be ready soon.
4. His PayPal account burned down. He's in the process of rebuilding it.
3. He spent the cheque making his new "Pay up front for a Varney, then sit back and wait for one" t-shirts.
2. He is so busy filling prepaid orders that he just hasn't had a chance to write the check yet. When he catches up (should be a few weeks), he will get you the money. Honest, he will.

And the #1 reason that KV is late with the payment.........

He's Kevin Varney. That's reason enough.

ugotactionTX

I'm in dead rack!
Silver Member
THIRD! what an ass. It's too bad this keeps happening. I have never understood how some people get banned for foul language, but others are allowed to outright STEAL, with little to no consequence.

Bigtruck

Capt Diff Lock
Gold Member
Silver Member
Verney

Eric,

This really sucks! What's interesting is the bolded line. Did you pay in full or partial?

SOLD...pending payment
Here is a brand new j/b I just finished for an AZ customer. He has let me know he's quit pool and has no plans of a comeback so he wants me to list his cue for sale. He's never even seen it. I have a deposit on this cue and will sell it for the balance due.
The cue is a birdseye forearm with a padauk rear. Dashed micarta ringwork in the butt & joint. The cue is 58" & 19oz. This cue comes with two 13mm very dense shafts. Both shafts feature unbreakable Ivorine 4 ferrules...one shaft has my standard brown canvas resin tip...the other shaft has the new Samsara leather j/b tip. Both joints have the brass SW style 3/8-10 pins.
I believe this is the nicest Varney j/b that I've ever made. The cue sells for $575 plus $150 for the extra shaft. Thats $725. I offer the cue for the balance due....$XXX shipped. The cue is ready for immediate delivery. Thank you for looking.:smile:

poolplayer2093

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Partner, this is really a shame, but not unexpected at all. This has been happening for around two years to different AZ members, and I really hope this situation works out for you. I don't think Mr. Varney is bad person, but his business philosophy and customer service is very poor. First I am surprised that Kevin has not learned from prior situations not to request payment in full up front, and second I am surprised that people still allow him to put them in this position.

But this is the problem with the I-Trader rating system, if you look at his I-trader and I am sure you did it appears that he is a safe bet to do business with. The reason this has happened is because out of kindness he has not been given the poor rating he deserves or people did not post a rating at all.

I do not know why the forum has not put an end to this situation, his record is well know by the members who have been here for a few years, when is enough going to be enough. If I were I would contact the AzHousePro who owns this forum, he may be able to help you contact Mr. Varney.

Good Luck, and keep this thread on top!!!!!!
Craig i can't agree more. i was thinking "why does this keep happening" the last time i saw this thread and i guess you're right. it must be the I trader rating thing. after all the people that've started complaint threads why is it no one will leave an accurate I trader rating.

even though the i trader is usually good enough people should still search the names of people they're thinking of doing business with.