AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
the crazy-man Jayson show.

47425108_10157025824636349_5377822774314139648_n.jpg

Photo credit Ra Hanna

Nostroke

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
the polar opposite of the crazy-man Jayson show we saw earlier, Albin makes 2 spectacular shots on Corey in the winning game and his face stays like poker-man with the edges of his lips and entire composition absolutely flat.

Acting like that is where the expression 'cool' came from-Back when i was in college we called guys that acted like the others 'Screamers' and it was the worst thing you could call a guy. Then next thing you know 'Screamers' were in. I still like cool guys.

Cardigan Kid

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I watched much of today without the sound. I imagine the euro home crowd had the wind taken out of their sails by the end.

Taxi

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
So far this is the best Mosconi Cup I've ever seen. Great play, and the players are all ones I'm glad to be rooting for regardless of country----but especially the Americans.

Denis The Kid

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I had to sign up for DAZN in Canada to get it. 20/ mth or 150/ year. great quality feed with lots of snooker on there as well!

one stroke

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I watched much of today without the sound. I imagine the euro home crowd had the wind taken out of their sails by the end.

And lots of money being lost , and not just by thier fans ,, I know a few guys that were getting 2-1 on the money yesterday taking USA,,

Last edited:

Nostroke

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
And lots of money being lost , and just by thier fans ,, I know a few guys that were getting 2-1 on the money yesterday taking USA,,

When i made the line 12-7 back in Sept in the action room, I really thought it should be 12-8 but naturally i was looking for an advantage and did get a bet. It was clear from our performance in the Euro Tour event that we could play with these guys and were not going to roll over this year. Against all prior thinking, I think Johann was the biggest reason.

PS_Anyone have the total game tally per team?

Last edited:

sbpoolleague

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
So far the difference has been the superior play of our rookie Tyler and the substandard play of their rookie Klenti. Keep it up and the drought will be over.

ChrisinNC

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
1-1 -think neils got a skid ( no audio for me) but they had 2 good rolls before the possible skid.
Are you referring to the cut shot he had when he was left hanging on the edge of the side pocket by his teammate? Don't think that was a skid - just an extremely tough shot that he undercut.

ChrisinNC

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
So far this is the best Mosconi Cup I've ever seen. Great play, and the players are all ones I'm glad to be rooting for regardless of country----but especially the Americans.
Jayson Shaw is just a little too much for me to take, but the other 9 players seem to be in complete control of themselves. Kaci is apparently feeling the pressure/weight of the team concept and has made some uncharacteristic mistakes both days. Trying to force the cue ball on that 8-ball shot, attempting to get Shaw an easier shot on the 9-ball and rattling it out was completely unexcuseable. When you have a partner like Shaw, and on generous pockets like these, just cinch it and leave him a slightly tougher shot and very likely he would have had no problem making it. That missed shot severely changed the momentum in that match. In his doubles match, Thorpe played a few loose/risky safeties that didn't work out, but they still managed to win. Other than that, Woodward's miss on the shape and then missing the very makeable cut shot on the 7-ball in the 7th game of that opening match yesterday was really the only real mistake I've seen that cost the US. Otherwise, we've played very solid.

Last edited:

HawaiianEye

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
In the doubles match with SVB and Woodward as partners, SVB gave him KEY advice during two shots that I saw that maybe saved the day. Woodward seemed to hesitate when trying to figure out what to do and SVB coached him perfectly. Woodward played the shots exactly as he was directed and he came out perfect both times. Without SVB's guidance, I don't know if he would have made the right choice.

Also, in the 6th game of that match there was a crucial error in a safety attempt by Alex on the European team that probably sealed their fate. There were two balls that could be hidden behind as a "wall" during a safety play and there were two ways to play it. Alex asked Neils "which way should I play it?" and Neils said, "whichever way you like best".

To me, hitting the object ball and letting the cue ball go one rail and a short distance behind the "wall" looked to be the wisest choice with the greatest odds of achieving. Alex chose the two-rail option and let the cue ball peak out from around the "wall", which was narrower from that angle and left a straight in shot on the one ball in the side. It was down hill from there. The Europeans were up 3-2 in the match at that time.

one stroke

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
So far the difference has been the superior play of our rookie Tyler and the substandard play of their rookie Klenti. Keep it up and the drought will be over.
That certainly has a lot to do with it , great for Tyler most didn't like the pic I love it I think his personality and his mechanics are perfect for this environment a lot like Albin aint flashy but dam solid Kid has a bright future ,,