So I got drunk, gambled, almost got kicked out and bought a cue

corvette1340

www.EpawnMarket.com
Silver Member
Decided to go out last night to the pool hall I used to frequent in Athens since I hadn't been out in a while. I get there and the guys I'm supposed to go out with are playing in the weekly pool tourney that goes on until the wee hours of the morning. So I started drinking crown and diet and shots of chilled patron like I'm 25 again. After 7-8 drinks and several shots, I decide since I'm not going downtown I might as well gamble a little....bad idea.

Since I don't own a cue, I borrowed one from a guy to shoot with. After losing a couple of $200 sets of 8-ball (which weren't even close), I decided to really go off and told the entire room the window was open if anyone wanted to bet on the other guy in the next set, another bad idea. I was upset because 1.) I was playing horrible and seeing like 30 balls on the table and 2.) I knew the guys that were betting were shooting a toothpick at a lumber yard because I was drunk so I showed a my ass a little. Apparently the tournament director and bartenders don't like loud drunks so they not so politely asked me to leave. After tense negotiations, all of the people that know me convinced them to let me stay.

The guy whose cue I was using had to leave so I was going to be without a cue if I wanted to continue to play. He said he'd sell it to me if I wanted it so I said sure and bought it, lol. (pics to follow)

After splitting 2 more sets (I finally made a ball after they cut me off at 2:30 am), I decided I'd had enough since it was 5 in the morning. All in all, it was a pretty shitty night and I'm not drinking again until the next time.

Here's the cue. From what research I've done, it looks like a Meucci SE-11, but it's not numbered like some of the pics I've looked at. Some have been numbered and some haven't. If anyone has any info then please chime in. I figured I couldn't go wrong for $90, lol. He asked for a c-note, but I offered $90 since I'm a purchase nit. I'll run up a $500 tab and donk off $500 in a heart beat, but will go out of the way to save $10 on a cue I don't need, go figure.

image_zps76530bdb.jpg

image_zpsdbbe81f6.jpg

SJDinPHX

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Good job 'Vette

It looks like an original, (custom maybe ?)...You may have broke even, for your night of drunken debauchery !

SJD

Black-Balled

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I am glad to hear that you are making the right decision: not drinking again, until the next time.

pt109

WO double hemlock
Silver Member
A man's gotta have a few drinks and howl at the moon once in a while.
But waking up in the morning with a Meucci is worse than waking up
with the ugliest broad in town.

Call the guy and offer him $90 to take it back.

Black-Balled

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member

So true.

I was gonna tell him that if he smashes it and gets it to me befor 2015, I would put it in a box suitable for display.

Allen Brown

Pool Whale
Silver Member

:thumbup: :rotflmao1::rotflmao1:

tc in l a

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Never really gambled like that but it's been a long time since I had the balls to drink like that. Sounds like fun...miss those young man days.

lorider

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
If you can remember the night before you didn't drink enough.

this ^^^^

i had quite a few of those nights in my younger days.

i can tell you about the 1st time it happened because my wife told me all about it the next morning....the rest of the times i have no idea what went down. it used to be a routine the following morning that we would get in my wifes car and hit all the bars in town looking for my truck. most of the times she never said a whole lot because i usually had more money on me when i came home than i left with due to playing pool.

the 1st time it happened was when my wife and i went to a co workers house to drink a lil and play cards. the next morning i got up and saw we had no coffe in the house so i was gonna go to the store. i walked outside and saw my car was not there.

i went back in and woke my wife up asking wtf is the car ?
she said ...you dont remember last night ? i said no . she said that a few hours after we got to my co workers house he got a call from a friend of his. we decided to go over to his friends house and continue our lil party.

while at his friends house his friend and his wife got into an argument and the guy slaps his wife. my wife said i told him not to be doing that shit and he replied ..my house...my wife ...and i can do what ever i want . i replied he wont do that shit in front of me his house or not and i knocked the hell out of him. he hit the floor and i was on top of him . she said my co worke said he guessed the party was over that we might as well leave. he took us home as i was in no shape to drive and my car was left as his house.

i called up my co worker and he said he thought his friend deserved it.

KRJ

Support UKRAINE
Silver Member

Is it too late for POST of the year? It's still 2014. I want a recount :thumbup:

HawaiianEye

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member

At least he didn't wake up in the bed with Bob Meucci.

trob

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
For me to drink enough to buy a meucci I'd be unconscious lol Honestly don't think there is enough alcohol commercialy available.

Reactions: KRJ

Solomon

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Great story. I have some good gambling stories too. I think you got a pretty good deal on the cue. Worst case scenario, you can always get back what you paid if you ever decide to sell it. If you ever go to Dollar Tree, look in the hair care isle and grab a pack of fabric covered elastic bands similar to the ones in the picture below. They come in packs of about 30 for $1. They also come in packs of all black. They fit perfectly around money and look much nicer than regular rubber bands.
Hot_sell_elastic_hair_band_Flat_Hair.jpg_220x220.jpg