Commentators BCAPL Finals

Majic

With The Lights ON !!
Silver Member
I watched he BCAPL finals of the women and men yesterday and thought the stream was high quality with the exception of one commentator. I thought that Bobby Cotton was rude and condescending throughout. The only exception being when he was commenting about the Amaze Balls team apparel. Ken did a nice job, as always, but the next time I hear Bobby's voice the volume is going straight to mute.

bobbycotton

PoolHall Junkie
Silver Member
I mentioned many times what great playeers they all were men and women, i also said that i'd like to help some of the ladies improve their game as they love to play. i would not intentionally be mean in any thing that i say. some times ya say things on the spur of the moment and maybe it comes out wrong. i'm not perfect and once again sorry if you were offened, i'll try harder next time !! dont MUTE me please ")

robsnotes4u

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Bobby has become one of my favorite commentators, and when he teams with Jay they are amazing. Love too meet him in person, shoot the shit and play some 7 foot 8 ball!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Proofsc

More than a Ball Banger
Silver Member
I wasn't able to catch this stream but I enjoy Cottons commentary. I don't know if you have listened to him before but everyone deserves a second chance.

IbeAnEngineer

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I watched some of the steam and thought that Bobby did a good job and added some good incite to the matches.

robsnotes4u

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
People need to remember people like Bobby have seen things in pool we may never see. His perception is different than ours. I am one that loves his perception.

He comes on AzBilliards, and is polite enough to have a conversation with us.

Commentating myself at Fargo Billiard, and it is not easy, puts me in a position of total respect

jrackman

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I watched he BCAPL finals of the women and men yesterday and thought the stream was high quality with the exception of one commentator. I thought that Bobby Cotton was rude and condescending throughout. The only exception being when he was commenting about the Amaze Balls team apparel. Ken did a nice job, as always, but the next time I hear Bobby's voice the volume is going straight to mute.
Bobby Cotton was a bad boy but I was a naughty boy, can you find out from girl in your avatar where her room is? so I can pay for my naughtiness. Next time Bobby Cotton try being naughty!

Tickets

Little Aussie Battler
Silver Member
Whats the commentators name that does csi events, i.e usbtc.

Same guy?

jay helfert

Shoot Pool, not people
Gold Member
Silver Member
Bobby has become one of my favorite commentators, and when he teams with Jay they are amazing. Love too meet him in person, shoot the shit and play some 7 foot 8 ball!

I'm in. I like working with Bobby - a lot! :)

Houstoer

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Love Bobby Cotton commentary; as well as Jay and Ken. I think they all do a great job ! I could only imagine how hard it would be to provide commentary for so long hours on a bunch of people you don't even know and try to keep it interesting. Thanks guys !

bdorman

Dead money
Silver Member
I didn't listen to this tournament, but I've always enjoyed Mr. Cotton's commentary in the past.

Some nights it's "ON" and some nights it's "OFF", kinda like a Grateful Dead concert.

Johnnyt

Burn all jump cues
Silver Member
People need to remember people like Bobby have seen things in pool we may never see. His perception is different than ours. I am one that loves his perception.

He comes on AzBilliards, and is polite enough to have a conversation with us.

Commentating myself at Fargo Billiard, and it is not easy, puts me in a position of total respect

I know Bobby has seen things in pool that 99.9% of us have never and never will see. The man is the real deal. John Terrell

Kickin' Chicken

Kick Shot Aficionado
Silver Member
I didn't get to watch the BCAPL amateur stream so I can't comment on what the the op said.

However, I did get to hear Bobby commentating during the CSI 10b & 8b pro events and I think he did a really good job.

Jay has always struck me as being an excellent commentator, I really enjoyed when he has been in the booth with Jerry Forsyth at past Mosconi Cups.

I think you can be a talented commentator but sometimes it doesn't work well if you are either alone or sitting next to the erong co-commentator.

This is def not the case with Jay & Bobby, imo. These guys have a great synergy and play off each other really well. :thumbup:

Looking forward to them being paired in the booth iat future events.

best,
brian kc

macguy

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member

Without having seen it, I think sometimes the commentators are under the illusion the show is about them. I watch baseball without the sound most of the time. Who cares what those guys have to say most of the time especially when they talk about themselves ignoring the match.

West Point 1987

On the Hill, Out of Gas
Silver Member
Without having seen it, I think sometimes the commentators are under the illusion the show is about them. I watch baseball without the sound most of the time. Who cares what those guys have to say most of the time especially when they talk about themselves ignoring the match.

Honestly, I used to be in your camp on this one...just mute it and enjoy. But then I noticed something. I'll go on YouTube and watch a great match, but it's either clipped from or dubbed in Chinese. Then I realize that I actually miss all the banter and road stories these guys tell. Pool can get kind of dull without a little rail chatter (especially if you're watching amateur vs. amateur), and most of these guys are VERY good at that. The one I miss most is Grady........

West Point 1987

On the Hill, Out of Gas
Silver Member
I would add that I could do with a lot less mechanics and strategy on EVERY SINGLE SHOT. Especially the pedestrian, no kidding Sherlock shots. I get tired of local players sitting in on the booth commentary that have no idea what they're talking about, too. If I hear one more Ooh/Aah over a routine cut shot (where the local APA3 in the booth has declared it's time to run for cover, folks), I'll go mental. :angry:

sebroy9

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Ill just be dead honest, I think it's Ken but someone in the commentators box makes this really gross noise with their spit or something. I don't mean to bash, I just can't listen to it.

tduncan

Bet something...
Silver Member
Jim Wyche, Jay Helfert, , Jeremy Jones, Jerry Forsyth & Mark Wilson are the best at commentating.

I agree some others get on the mic & think its all about them & talk too much.