Predator REVO Limited Edition

Scott Brazier

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Just picked it up tonight. Looking forward to posting some more records in the ghost challenge and the BU Exam threads.

Attachments

• 20160601_213545.jpg
    20160601_213545.jpg
    96.3 KB · Views: 3,903

Scott Lee

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I've been playing almost daily with mine, for the past two weeks...5 hours today. It is a fantastic shaft to me, and took no adjustment at all. This may be all in my imagination, but to me, if there is such a thing as zero deflection (and I don't believe there is), the Revo shaft comes closest to it. I'm a huge fan, and am letting everyone I come in contact with, play some with it. :thumbup:

Scott Lee
http://poolknowledge.com

Kimmo H.

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I require pictures, lots of them :eek:

If you happen to have any production shaft, a 314 for example, could you please take a picture of both shafts laid down on a table side by side to show the taper of shafts? The other shaft gives a better understanding of taper difference as it provides a visual reference to really see the difference.

I wish I had the funds for one myself, I love the looks of P3 especially in wrapless and I'm so interested in the Revo shaft that I'd probably give up a kidney just to test one out :rolleyes:

It is an outstanding cue, hopefully it serves you well for years to come :smile:

Break and One

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I have had my p3 for almost a week now. I think you will be very pleased with it. It is a great shaft and predator did a pretty good job with this cue. Even the packaging is quite fancy.

Icon of Sin

I can't fold, I need gold. I re-up and reload...
Silver Member
My god that thing looks ridiculous. Hit with a Revo for the first time a couple weeks ago. Felt just like wood in hit, played well... just looks so damn absurd.

Last edited:

Straightpool_99

I see dead balls
Silver Member
At least the packaging looks the part, but I'm very sceptical of this thing. At a 600 dollar upcharge, it'd better be the bees knees. The claims made for it seem very far fetched, especially the durability. When I heard that special wipes were needed to preserve the surface, that REALLY made the alarm go off...What happens after a few years? Still, I can see how some people would love the way it looks. Kind of like the matte grey/black finish that's the rage in the car world right now.

No matter how sceptical I get, my scepticism always gives way to curiousity in the end. I must say it would by fun to try that shaft, even if I'd probably never buy it.

Celophanewrap

Call me Grace
Silver Member
At least the packaging looks the part, but I'm very sceptical of this thing. At a 600 dollar upcharge, it'd better be the bees knees. The claims made for it seem very far fetched, especially the durability. When I heard that special wipes were needed to preserve the surface, that REALLY made the alarm go off...What happens after a few years? Still, I can see how some people would love the way it looks. Kind of like the matte grey/black finish that's the rage in the car world right now.

No matter how sceptical I get, my scepticism always gives way to curiousity in the end. I must say it would by fun to try that shaft, even if I'd probably never buy it.

The very minute mine misses a shot it goes back in the box and I ask for as exchange as a defective product :D

Celophanewrap

Call me Grace
Silver Member
The shaft isn't being sold by itself yet. I suspect it'll be a year or so before that happens. Predator told me (a couple of weeks ago) offering the shaft on it's own was still about a year out, and there is no price set as of yet. As far as I know the only joint offered at this point is the UniLoc as it's only being sold with the P3 cues

Scott Lee

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
crile1...The Revo shaft is available now, with certain Predator butts for about $1400. It is not yet available as a shaft alone. They have no plans to make the Revo shaft to fit other joints, anytime in the near future. Mine was a special order, from the owner of Predator, specifically for me. I am demonstrating the shaft all over the country, and putting it into the hands of anyone who wants to try it out...which is why they manufactured the shaft to fit my Samsara radial pin. AFAIK, mine is the only one that is not Uni-Lock. :thumbup:

Scott Lee

How much does it cost and can you get different joints ?

Celophanewrap

Call me Grace
Silver Member
crile1...The Revo shaft is available now, with certain Predator butts for about $1400. It is not yet available as a shaft alone. They have no plans to make the Revo shaft to fit other joints, anytime in the near future. Mine was a special order, from the owner of Predator, specifically for me. I am demonstrating the shaft all over the country, and putting it into the hands of anyone who wants to try it out...which is why they manufactured the shaft to fit my Samsara radial pin. AFAIK, mine is the only one that is not Uni-Lock. :thumbup:

Scott Lee

I so want to be Scott Lee :grin:
... he gets all the girls

caff3in3

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member

I don't think the $600 is for the shaft and box alone. The woods are quite a bit different than the standard P3.

Sent from my SM-G900W8 using Tapatalk

Scott Brazier

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I don't think the $600 is for the shaft and box alone. The woods are quite a bit different than the standard P3.

Sent from my SM-G900W8 using Tapatalk

This is a limited edition P3 only 500 produced with the REVO shaft. $1400

I did drills for 4 hours today and I have to say it plays much better than my Vantage shaft. Extremely accurate and much easier to draw. Definitely a keeper.

Celophanewrap

Call me Grace
Silver Member
Ok, so I got it. Geeeeesus, this thing is the shit.
Alright, at first I was a little whiny, it's a wider taper, the color is distracting, I don't like the tip, Yada yada, yada....
It's a monster, and it looks really cool, it's not distracting at all. It's like putting on a superhero cape, after a couple
of racks you are fearless. You know that feeling when you put on a brand new pair of socks?
I dunno, maybe it's just me, but I really like it. I don't think I'm ready to unleash it on league night just yet, but soon.
If you haven't tried it out, find one and take it for a spin, I don't think you'll be disappointed.

Break and One

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Also you do not have to use to predator wipes to clean it, it says you can use 90% isopropyl alcohol to wipe it down as well. So you are not forced to buy predator moist towelettes.

Like side Pocket said I found it much easier to draw. Shaft feels great and when i get mad i can actually smack it on the table.

zpele

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Is it actually easier to draw with or is it because of the new, correctly shaped tip that you find it easier to draw?

RandyinHawaii

AzB Gold Member
Gold Member
Silver Member
I have playing with the Revo shaft for about a week. So far it is great. I will do a review in an another week or so, but wanted to chime in that, in fact , it does draw the cue ball more. I had several people try it and with me not saying anything, one of their first comments was on how easy it was to draw the cue ball with that shaft.

zpele

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I have playing with the Revo shaft for about a week. So far it is great. I will do a review in an another week or so, but wanted to chime in that, in fact , it does draw the cue ball more. I had several people try it and with me not saying anything, one of their first comments was on how easy it was to draw the cue ball with that shaft.

You have only had the shaft a week. I'm still not that convinced that it is the shaft and not the tip making it easier to draw. Once you have had the cue for a few months and have a worn in tip let's see if it is still just as easy to draw or if it plays the same as your old shaft.

Gorramjayne

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
If they end up making one with a 12mm or under tip without going to a conical taper like the Z, I might be into this.

I don't see why with carbon construction you couldn't go ahead and go a little finer than 12.9mm in the first place, you can make it as stiff or as whippy as need be at any diameter or taper.