Dennis Searing early house conversion

SSach

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Rating - 100%
9   0   0
I just picked up a Dennis Searing cue that could use a refinish. I have a few cues on order including one from Dennis, so I might consider selling the cue.

Just wanted to get some feelers out.

For now the best description I can offer is that it is a very early house cue converted with Hoppe ring and 5/16-14 piloted joint. 1 Shaft is @ 12.25mm with non-ivory ferrule (not sure of the exact material). "S" logo Cue rolls pretty straight together and apart - didn't put it on a lathe.

I will be asking north of $1100 if the cue comes back refinished.

Sorry for the bad pics... getting a lot of request/interest.

IMG_1522.jpg

IMG_1519.jpg

IMG_1516.jpg

IMG_1517.jpg

Please IM me offers before I send it out.

Regards,

Sanjay

Last edited:

SSach

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Rating - 100%
9   0   0
pics up

I will take better pics tonight... just wanted to get some pics up with the interest I was getting. I am not sure of the weight... if I can figure out how to get the weight I will update the info.

SSach

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Rating - 100%
9   0   0
Cue is sold pending payment

Cue is sold pending payment. Thanks for all the offers.

kbooks3

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Rating - 99.5%
210   1   0
If it's the real deal...someone got a steal!

Why are you saying to get out the popcorn Nick? Do you think $1,100 or so is unreasonable for a Searing Sneaky?

A conversion Searing is worth way more than $1,100...I wonder why it was sold so cheap? Someone got a great deal...I've sold conversions for well over $3000...but they had more than one shaft...

I've also had a Searing cue with this style of piloted phenolic joint...I wish I had seen it sooner...snooze you lose I guess...

SSach

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Rating - 100%
9   0   0
Seriously

A conversion Searing is worth way more than $1,100...I wonder why it was sold so cheap? Someone got a great deal...I've sold conversions for well over $3000...but they had more than one shaft...

I've also had a Searing cue with this style of piloted phenolic joint...I wish I had seen it sooner...snooze you lose I guess...

I have been a member of this site for some time. I would gladly take the cue back if it was not as described. It is a Searing cue. The joint is the dead give away. The price I thought was fair considering the fact that it needs some TLC and I would only send it to Dennis which would take some time to get back. The points are a little off, and this would be expected in his early cues. With these taken into consideration I priced it accordingly... if I gave it away oh well...

I wish the buyer all the best. With your comment of 3K conversions I laugh at the low ball offers I was getting.

1pRoscoe

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Rating - 100%
74   0   0
I bet it would've sold just as quick at $2k+ as it did at $1100.....

(if you want to sell that cue in your signature for a hell of a deal as well, please contact me first!)

kbooks3

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Rating - 99.5%
210   1   0
I have been a member of this site for some time. I would gladly take the cue back if it was not as described. It is a Searing cue. The joint is the dead give away. The price I thought was fair considering the fact that it needs some TLC and I would only send it to Dennis which would take some time to get back. The points are a little off, and this would be expected in his early cues. With these taken into consideration I priced it accordingly... if I gave it away oh well...

I wish the buyer all the best. With your comment of 3K conversions I laugh at the low ball offers I was getting.

I hope you didn't take my post the wrong way...I wasn't questioning your honesty...It looks like a Searing to me too...

I do see why you priced it the way you did...but still feel it was a steal...anyways...there's nothing wrong with giving someone a great deal...sounds like all parties will be happy and that's the way it should be...

Jeremy

SSach

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Rating - 100%
9   0   0
Boti

(if you want to sell that cue in your signature for a hell of a deal as well, please contact me first!)

My Szamboti will either be buried with me or given to my first born (if I get married). The cue means more to me then the $$$.

bobco729

bobco729
Silver Member
Rating - 100%
139   0   0
Good call !!

I agree !! Also good taste in signatures l.o.l.
Bob

Last edited:

bobco729

bobco729
Silver Member
Rating - 100%
139   0   0
One should keep one's mouth closed while chewing !!

Good eating.
Nick :)

Nicki, When a person keeps their mouth closed they may be thouhgt to be stupid or not by others, but when they open their mouth they remove all doubt. This Searing conversion was a very nice aquisition for someone. Enjoy !!
"country" Bob

nick serdula

AzB Gold Member
Gold Member
Silver Member
Rating - 97.9%
140   3   0
Yummy

Rather be told how much the cue is worth than make money on it. I could have sold the cue in 2 minuites for far north of double. SAYFOO!
Almost bought it for Scott. He would have paid $1100 times 2.5. I have charged $1100 and shipping.
Thanks for letting me know how inept I am.
I would have liked to seen the cue go to anyone that bought it to keep.

bobco729

bobco729
Silver Member
Rating - 100%
139   0   0
Fastest cue flipper of all time !!

Rather be told how much the cue is worth than make money on it. I could have sold the cue in 2 minuites for far north of double. SAYFOO!
Almost bought it for Scott. He would have paid $1100 times 2.5. I have charged $1100 and shipping.
Thanks for letting me know how inept I am.
I would have liked to seen the cue go to anyone that bought it to keep.

Nicki
I guess nobody should ever sell you a cue if they want it to sit still. But you
just can't help yourself. The guy who thinks that everyone selling a cue needs to get advice from in their wanted for sale threads. Maybe they don't !!! p.s. If i ever have something for sale please keep off !!!
"country" Bob

Deadon

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Rating - 100%
35   0   0
Well, whomever gets it, I wish them luck on getting it refinished. I've been waiting 16 months for mine to be retuned. Kinda sucks.

cashin

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Rating - 100%
61   0   0
I'll just keep my opinions to myself... But I have had a Searing on order for over 5 years now.. and no cue.. or promise of a cue yet.
Well, whomever gets it, I wish them luck on getting it refinished. I've been waiting 16 months for mine to be retuned. Kinda sucks.

Last edited:

nick serdula

AzB Gold Member
Gold Member
Silver Member
Rating - 97.9%
140   3   0
That is the point

Why buy a cue just to sell it. If you want to buy something to make money with try cars or houses or comodities. Get away from cues.
Why buy a Searing just to sell it and make money? My first Searing Custom won't be a sneakie.

rigmaster

my puppy is on the left!
Silver Member
Rating - 100%
158   0   0
It's a house cue blank

I don't think Dennis made the blank,it was a house cue.HE CONVERTED IT.