Go Back   AzBilliards.com > Tournament Talk > Derby City Classic/Southern Classic
Reload this Page 2007 DCC AZB/onepocket.org Members Room - Sign up now if you are a "player"
Page 2 of 5 12 34 Last »

Share Thread Tools Rate Thread
Old
  (#16)
Williebetmore
Member, .25% Club
Williebetmore has a reputation beyond reputeWilliebetmore has a reputation beyond reputeWilliebetmore has a reputation beyond reputeWilliebetmore has a reputation beyond reputeWilliebetmore has a reputation beyond reputeWilliebetmore has a reputation beyond reputeWilliebetmore has a reputation beyond reputeWilliebetmore has a reputation beyond reputeWilliebetmore has a reputation beyond reputeWilliebetmore has a reputation beyond reputeWilliebetmore has a reputation beyond repute

vCash: 583

11-27-2006, 01:56 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by RBC
Timberly,

You can count the OB-1 crew in!
RB,
Any chance that you might have an OB-1 shaft with you that the members could try out? Many of us are convinced of the benefits of "low deflection" shafts and would LOVE to have the opportunity to hit a few with an OB-1.

Thanks in advance.

player
Old
  (#17)
The Milk Man
AzB Silver Member
The Milk Man has a reputation beyond reputeThe Milk Man has a reputation beyond reputeThe Milk Man has a reputation beyond reputeThe Milk Man has a reputation beyond reputeThe Milk Man has a reputation beyond reputeThe Milk Man has a reputation beyond reputeThe Milk Man has a reputation beyond reputeThe Milk Man has a reputation beyond reputeThe Milk Man has a reputation beyond reputeThe Milk Man has a reputation beyond reputeThe Milk Man has a reputation beyond repute

vCash: 475

player - 11-27-2006, 02:32 PM

I'm in, sending the money out today. Will be down on Tuesday that week. Will be nice to meet some other members

Old
  (#18)
Rip
AzB Silver Member
Rip has a reputation beyond reputeRip has a reputation beyond reputeRip has a reputation beyond reputeRip has a reputation beyond reputeRip has a reputation beyond reputeRip has a reputation beyond reputeRip has a reputation beyond reputeRip has a reputation beyond reputeRip has a reputation beyond reputeRip has a reputation beyond reputeRip has a reputation beyond repute

vCash: 1700

11-27-2006, 07:47 PM

I'll be there from 1/5 thru 1/9 and I'll have OB1 shafts for every pin size except 3/8x11. No, I'm not affiliated with OB1--I just like the way they hit! I look forward to seeing everyone there.

Rip

Old
  (#19)
Timberly

vCash:

11-27-2006, 08:41 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by daylate$short
WBM & Timberly:

After following your threads from last year, I finally decided to take the trip as my vacation......couldn't believe ExWest still had rooms available......booked one from Saturday through Wednesday.

Will send MO tomorrow; looking forward to meeting you guys, and could probably help at the AZ/1P room at times.
YouOweMe4QuartersfromYesterday, I got your check today. Thanks for the kind words. I'm honored that you've taken my (and WBM) words to heart and have decided to give the DCC a chance. I sincerely hope you're able to work it out so that you can join us. I know you won't be disappointed and I'm looking forward to meeting you and reading your review of it once you get back home.

If you're anything like me, you'll be counting down the days until next yrs event!

Old
  (#20)
Timberly

vCash:

11-27-2006, 08:50 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rip
I'll be there from 1/5 thru 1/9 and I'll have OB1 shafts for every pin size except 3/8x11. No, I'm not affiliated with OB1--I just like the way they hit! I look forward to seeing everyone there.

Rip
Rip, looking forward to meeting you. Have you been to the DCC before? Also, if you want to just hang out and socialize, you of course will be more than welcome to do so... As most gatherings go, the more the merrier of course, but if you'd like to play against other AZB-1p members and challenge the pros when they come in, we'll need your player donation in by mid-Dec.

Thanks for offering to bring in the OB1 shafts for members to try out. That's a very kind gesture. :-)

I keep reiterating the need to get the player donations in early so that everyone knows. Not everyone reads every post and last yr WBM was kind enough to take donations at the venue which ended up running him a little ragged! FYI to everyone... Player donations for the room must be made by mid-Dec.

Old
  (#21)
satman
AzB Silver Member
satman has a reputation beyond reputesatman has a reputation beyond reputesatman has a reputation beyond reputesatman has a reputation beyond reputesatman has a reputation beyond reputesatman has a reputation beyond reputesatman has a reputation beyond reputesatman has a reputation beyond reputesatman has a reputation beyond reputesatman has a reputation beyond reputesatman has a reputation beyond repute

vCash: 500

11-27-2006, 08:52 PM

I'll be mailing out a check tomorrow. Unless something happens, I'll be there for the banks and the one pocket. It just wouldn't be right to not get to play some pool with some of the people from here. I'd like play you some Timberly for the next round, of course you'll have to spot me something. Thanks you guys for all your efforts in organizing this. Have a great day, Sam

Old
  (#22)
Timberly

vCash:

11-27-2006, 09:09 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by satman
I'd like play you some Timberly for the next round, of course you'll have to spot me something.
I do hate to lose but so long as I have a cold beer in my hand to ease the pain, I'll be ok. Game on.... even of course... I couldn't spot a 5 yr old, are you kidding me?!?!

I'm In
Old
  (#23)
Purdman
Banned
Purdman has a reputation beyond reputePurdman has a reputation beyond reputePurdman has a reputation beyond reputePurdman has a reputation beyond reputePurdman has a reputation beyond reputePurdman has a reputation beyond reputePurdman has a reputation beyond reputePurdman has a reputation beyond reputePurdman has a reputation beyond reputePurdman has a reputation beyond reputePurdman has a reputation beyond repute

vCash: 25

Thumbs up I'm In - 11-28-2006, 06:05 AM

I am a player, I will be there. I am sending my $25.
Purdman
You want a piece of me, you got it!

Old
  (#24)
tom haney
AzB Silver Member
tom haney has a reputation beyond reputetom haney has a reputation beyond reputetom haney has a reputation beyond reputetom haney has a reputation beyond reputetom haney has a reputation beyond reputetom haney has a reputation beyond reputetom haney has a reputation beyond reputetom haney has a reputation beyond reputetom haney has a reputation beyond reputetom haney has a reputation beyond reputetom haney has a reputation beyond repute

11-28-2006, 11:31 AM

I will send check this weekend. I am a ( bad) player.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Williebetmore
Assuming enough players are interested (we need at least 50), we will have a private AZB/onepocket.org Members Room at the 2007 DCC. We will have at least one private, non-coinop, 9ft. table for the round-the-clock enjoyment of the contributors. We are doing our best to get 2 full size tables in a single room (we should know within 2 weeks whether this is possible) – it depends on the room size and the amount of contributions we receive (we have a good start from the AZB room raffle run by Timberly – I am optimistic that we will have 2 tables).

A $25 donation gets you playing privileges on the table. Non-contributors may also get in the room for watching or socializing, but they should let us know ahead of time so we can get them on the list. To play, however, requires an advance contribution – send your money to Timberly (I’ll post her address below). We will accept player’s donations until mid-December, NOT AFTERWARDS, NOT AT THE VENUE. All of our expenses are UP FRONT, and no one wants to chase down pool players at the venue – we are not accountants, we are pool fans and players. If you want to play, you MUST send in your donation by mid-December. Post on this thread and let us know if you are “a player.”

One of the tables will be a challenge table with a sign-up list (#1 plays #2, then #2 plays #3, then #3 plays #4, and so on), so unless the room is empty, no one will be playing more than 2 matches in a row. The games will be 9ball race to 3, onepocket race to 2, straight pool to 35 points, full rack banks race to 1, short rack banks race to 2, 8-ball race to 2. The player "at the table" decides on the game. Wagers will be whatever the 2 players agree on, but $5, $10, and $20 wagers are encouraged. Last year most players just played for fun.

The second table is yet undecided. We think it may be just for gambling. We need to hear your thoughts (if you are going to be a playing member). We will still need to restrict the length of the matches (perhaps limiting matches to race to 10 at 9-ball, race to 5 one-pocket, race to 100 straight pool, race to 6 at 8-ball).

When the pro's are there, at least one table will be a "challenge the pro" table. When a pro is there, a sign-up list will be generated; and each member should play only ONE game with the pro (though can then put his name back at the bottom of the list if he wants to play more).

Any pro’s out there, please let me know if you would be willing to play some challenges in the room. Last year we had exhibitions by Grady Mathews, Tom Simpson, Willie Jopling, Jeanette Lee, and Jerry Briesath – hopefully we can arrange some interesting sessions for the members.

Sizl has contributed a large banner and 2 smaller banners that we will use again this year.

We will need someone in charge of the room at ALL TIMES (a condition set by the DCC) so it can be locked if empty. Timberly, Steve Lomako, and I will be there for most of the duration – any volunteers to assist; please let us know.

In case of disputes/problems look up one of the 3 organizers (Timberly, Steve Lomako, myself). The ruling of the organizer is FINAL AND BINDING (even if it’s wrong). Steve is the official “Room Goon”, let’s make sure he does NOT have to assert his authority.

We're not yet sure we have any extra funds for refreshments. We can bring our own refreshments this year; and I encourage ALL MEMBERS to show generosity to the pro’s – let’s make this a place where they will like to hang out between matches. If you see a pro, buy him/her a beverage (or you’re a wanker).

We will be providing official nametags through Greg Sullivan and the DCC; probably separate from your DCC ticket, but very similar. NO ONE PLAYS WITHOUT AN OFFICIAL NAME TAG (unless he's a pro, or unless he's bigger and tougher than zeeder or Steve Lomako ). Members planning on socializing (and not contributing) should let us know, and we will get them a non-player nametag.

PLEASE WEAR YOUR NAMETAGS (I’m getting Alzheimer’s and I’m having trouble remembering your name without one).

I will post events/schedule on a different thread.

Send your donations (with your REAL NAME AND SCREEN NAME) to:

Timberly Pike
129 E. Maple St.
Palmyra, PA 17078

See you at the DCC

Old
  (#25)
tom haney
AzB Silver Member
tom haney has a reputation beyond reputetom haney has a reputation beyond reputetom haney has a reputation beyond reputetom haney has a reputation beyond reputetom haney has a reputation beyond reputetom haney has a reputation beyond reputetom haney has a reputation beyond reputetom haney has a reputation beyond reputetom haney has a reputation beyond reputetom haney has a reputation beyond reputetom haney has a reputation beyond repute

11-28-2006, 11:35 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Purdman
I am a player, I will be there. I am sending my $25.
Purdman
You want a piece of me, you got it!
Donald, what dates are you going to be there? I usually go
2nd weekend but will be going 1st weekend this year.
Hope to see you.

Old
  (#26)
dacue
AzB Silver Member
dacue has a reputation beyond reputedacue has a reputation beyond reputedacue has a reputation beyond reputedacue has a reputation beyond reputedacue has a reputation beyond reputedacue has a reputation beyond reputedacue has a reputation beyond reputedacue has a reputation beyond reputedacue has a reputation beyond reputedacue has a reputation beyond reputedacue has a reputation beyond repute

vCash: 1100

11-28-2006, 12:12 PM

The check is in the mail! 11/28/06

given name- David Airehart
Az user name- dacue

Thank you
Dave

Old
  (#27)
Purdman
Banned
Purdman has a reputation beyond reputePurdman has a reputation beyond reputePurdman has a reputation beyond reputePurdman has a reputation beyond reputePurdman has a reputation beyond reputePurdman has a reputation beyond reputePurdman has a reputation beyond reputePurdman has a reputation beyond reputePurdman has a reputation beyond reputePurdman has a reputation beyond reputePurdman has a reputation beyond repute

vCash: 25

Thumbs up 11-28-2006, 12:19 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by hondo
Donald, what dates are you going to be there? I usually go
2nd weekend but will be going 1st weekend this year.
Hope to see you.

I will be there the 10th thru the 13th. Hope to meet you.
Don (Purdman) Purdy

Old
  (#28)
tom haney
AzB Silver Member

11-28-2006, 01:25 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Purdman
I will be there the 10th thru the 13th. Hope to meet you.
Don (Purdman) Purdy
Well, not this year. I'll be there 5th thru 7th.

Paypal?
Old
  (#29)
Bamacues
AzB Silver Member

Bamacues has a reputation beyond reputeBamacues has a reputation beyond reputeBamacues has a reputation beyond reputeBamacues has a reputation beyond reputeBamacues has a reputation beyond reputeBamacues has a reputation beyond reputeBamacues has a reputation beyond reputeBamacues has a reputation beyond reputeBamacues has a reputation beyond reputeBamacues has a reputation beyond reputeBamacues has a reputation beyond repute

vCash: 5300

Paypal? - 11-30-2006, 07:37 PM

Is it possible to pay via paypal, or check/M.O. only?
Joe

Playing Cue: Not playing at this time

Old
  (#30)
Williebetmore
Member, .25% Club
Williebetmore has a reputation beyond reputeWilliebetmore has a reputation beyond reputeWilliebetmore has a reputation beyond reputeWilliebetmore has a reputation beyond reputeWilliebetmore has a reputation beyond reputeWilliebetmore has a reputation beyond reputeWilliebetmore has a reputation beyond reputeWilliebetmore has a reputation beyond reputeWilliebetmore has a reputation beyond reputeWilliebetmore has a reputation beyond reputeWilliebetmore has a reputation beyond repute

vCash: 583

11-30-2006, 07:47 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bamacues
Is it possible to pay via paypal, or check/M.O. only?
Joe
Joe,
It is check/money order only. Checks need to get to Timberly by mid-December. Hope to see you at DCC (didn't we meet at 2006 DCC???).

Page 2 of 5 12 34 Last »

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: