CTE Pro One the way to pool excellence!

JoeyInCali

Maker of Joey Bautista Cues
Silver Member
Not without an adjustment from what it was designed for

Of course.
Only experience with hundreds and hundreds of shots will you see the shot.
Throw is even affected by conditions. Be it humidity, cloth and even different cue balls. A red circle cue ball with throw differently than the measle ball .

You have to visualize that gb or aiming line when using spin .
No aiming system is going to cover it all.
No matter how Lowe here hypes any aiming system here.
But, I'm glad we're all in agreement he's full of sh8 on this one.

BeiberLvr

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Not without an adjustment from what it was designed for

I could be wrong, but I don't believe GB was ever designed to only be used with center ball.

Anyone teaching it should know to also teach how to compensate when using sidespin.

Dan White

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Welcome to the forum.

CTE requires a straight stroke thru center cue ball to work. I don't know your skill level or how long you've been playing so the first thing you should work on is making straight in shots. This ensures you are able to see and hit CCB. If you can't do this consistently you won't be able to use the system.

Nope. Stan says that CTE will straighten out your stroke so go with what Stan says. Forget about practicing your stroke. Forget the up and back drill, which Stan says is useless. Just learn CTE and all will be well.

cookie man

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I could be wrong, but I don't believe GB was ever designed to only be used with center ball.

Anyone teaching it should know to also teach how to compensate when using sidespin.

And a certified teacher can teach how to compensate for sidespin with CTE

cookie man

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
. Forget about practicing your stroke.

Stan, by the way is an advocate for always working on your stroke. In fact he has arguably the best set of drills to be able to accomplish working on your stroke. YOU DON"T KNOW WHAT YOU DON"T KNOW. And in your case Dan that's quite a lot.

SpiderWebComm

HelpImBeingOppressed
Silver Member
Forget the up and back drill, which Stan says is useless.

As far as my thinking about the up and back drill, I also think it's useless and stupid.

Ball to ball is always more realistic because that's what we see and how the game is played.

Set up dead straight shots from all distances and watch if the OB goes into the dead center of the pocket or off a little.

To really put yourself to the test, freeze the CB on the end rail (or cheat a little with it off) and put an OB no closer than half table straight in. That WILL test how straight the stroke is.

Ball to ball, baby...ball to ball.

BeiberLvr

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member

SpiderWebComm

HelpImBeingOppressed
Silver Member
I don't know anyone personally that teaches pool.

But I would bet a lot of money that a vast majority of pool players learned GB at one point or another. So obviously there are people out there that teach GB.

Here's a few

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=a7F-2rnkkgY

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jEkpZSbOmE4

https://youtu.be/qzjousgGLjU?t=350

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ewqybrOteN0

There's one thing all 4 of those videos have in common...they're pretty much addressing rank beginners.

It's the easiest system to explain and a great method to help a newbie to start forming visual images to train the brain.

Like training wheels for a bicycle. I'm pretty certain I was shown GB the first time I picked up a cue as a youngster. Either that or contact point. But contact point can get far more advanced as with Joe Tucker's system.

SpiderWebComm

HelpImBeingOppressed
Silver Member
Interesting read...........from a pro....about teaching Ghost Ball.......

https://forums.azbilliards.com/showthread.php?t=272765&

What I find just as interesting is the OP and second person to post have been permanently banned. Why? I could care less.

Also sounded like Thorsten was very interested in selling his BOOK.

" Some players just worry too much about little things that don't matter. And aiming is about learning. If you are a beginner and you have no idea how to aim or where to aim, it is all explained in the books."

Last edited:

goettlicher

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Stan, by the way is an advocate for always working on your stroke. In fact he has arguably the best set of drills to be able to accomplish working on your stroke. YOU DON"T KNOW WHAT YOU DON"T KNOW. And in your case Dan that's quite a lot.

I argue that fact. Good SPF Instructors have several drills
to improve the Stroke.

Hi Dave
Pops

Dan White

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
As far as my thinking about the up and back drill, I also think it's useless and stupid.

Go tell Steve Davis, who was doing that drill for like an hour every day. There is a detailed story about it in Play Great Pool. I'm sure he will care that you think it is useless and stupid.

Stan, and I think some of his zealots also said, "CTE will straighten out your stroke." This was in the same discussion where Stan said that the Mark Wilson and Steve Davis drill was useless. Live with it.

SpiderWebComm

HelpImBeingOppressed
Silver Member
Go tell Steve Davis, who was doing that drill for like an hour every day. There is a detailed story about it in Play Great Pool. I'm sure he will care that you think it is useless and stupid.

I guess we're even since I could care less what he thinks.

Stan, and I think some of his zealots also said, "CTE will straighten out your stroke." This was in the same discussion where Stan said that the Mark Wilson and Steve Davis drill was useless. Live with it.

I could also care less what you think and do. As far as I'm concerned it's been worthless not only for me but most others regardless of how they play and what they use.