What would you do?

victorl

Where'd my stroke go?
Silver Member
Here's another wwyd question, but not about table layouts.
The game is 10-ball, no shot clock, hill-hill match to get into the money and your opponent is shooting the 10 for the match. And he does this:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wQ5jpbAc7WA&feature=youtu.be

Would you just sit there and take it? Would you say something?

(The clip was taken from a match at the last year's All-Japan Open.)

PS. Fast forward if you feel your time is valuable... you won't miss anything.

Last edited:

nobcitypool

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
What I'd do and what I'd want to do are hopefully two totally different things. I can't imagine all that stalling helped him make the shot, I think it would hurt most people. It's such an easy shot however, not sure what he was doing.

fathomblue

Rusty Shackleford
Silver Member
I feel like the guy has some sort of deep-seeded psychological problem. Fear of failure? Perhaps even a fear of success.

I'd almost think he had a "silent" panic attack, if such a thing exists. I know this, if anyone ever gripes about my slow play, I'll have this on my "Favorites" list.

Pretty brutal to watch and can't imagine what the opponent was thinking.

Scott Lee

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
What I cannot believe is that they don't have a penalty shot clock for players like this. 6 minutes to shoot the match ball is ridiculous and inexcusable. I would have complained to the TD after the first 2-3 minutes.

Scott Lee
http://poolknowledge.com

BeiberLvr

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I would have told him to hurry up, and that it wasn't a tough shot. Then he'd say it was a tough shot, and he would rather have me shoot it if possible, and then I would offer him $10 shoot the shot.

Then I'd bank it 5 rails and have it hang in the corner pocket. Then he'd jump out of his chair to shoot the shot, but I'd put my stick down to stop him. He would ask what I was doing, and in front of all my fans, I would remind him that I just paid $10 for his shot, and now it's my shot. The crowd would erupt, and then I would shoot the game winning shot.

Finally, I would have my group of friends beat up his backer.

dabarbr

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
He was waiting for his sideman to cover all the side bets on making this shot before shooting.
I like this guy.

JC

Coos Cues
What I cannot believe is that they don't have a penalty shot clock for players like this. 6 minutes to shoot the match ball is ridiculous and inexcusable. I would have complained to the TD after the first 2-3 minutes.

Scott Lee
http://poolknowledge.com

All that was just foreplay for his two second final act. It's not good to shoot the shot until the pocket is "ready" you know.

You see how the ball almost missed to the right and then slipped right in there? It paid off.

JC

punter

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I think in this situatution sharking is fair play... I would have dropped my stick just before he shot....of course that might lead to another 10 minute pre shot routine, but the guy deserves no respect for that BS. (j/k about dropping the stick... may have farted real loud though):eek:

Blue Hog ridr

World Famous Fisherman.
Silver Member
I would have told him to hurry up, and that it wasn't a tough shot. Then he'd say it was a tough shot, and he would rather have me shoot it if possible, and then I would offer him $10 shoot the shot.

Then I'd bank it 5 rails and have it hang in the corner pocket. Then he'd jump out of his chair to shoot the shot, but I'd put my stick down to stop him. He would ask what I was doing, and in front of all my fans, I would remind him that I just paid $10 for his shot, and now it's my shot. The crowd would erupt, and then I would shoot the game winning shot.

Finally, I would have my group of friends beat up his backer.

Hey, that sounds like the ending to a good movie.

Neil

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I'd be sitting there wondering how I let someone that on edge get to the hill with me.

naji

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Here's another wwyd question, but not about table layouts.
The game is 10-ball, no shot clock, hill-hill match to get into the money and your opponent is shooting the 10 for the match. And he does this:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wQ5jpbAc7WA&feature=youtu.be

Would you just sit there and take it? Would you say something?

(The clip was taken from a match at the last year's All-Japan Open.)

PS. Fast forward if you feel your time is valuable... you won't miss anything.

He is not able to find focus on the OB as he goes down; he wants to be sure he develops the exact aim dot on OB; it is extremely critical shot, and only shot left. I agree it is way too much though. I will watch him play and see how he does in a game if i find him..

victorl

Where'd my stroke go?
Silver Member
Some interesting replies, LOL

FYI the guy wasn't on edge to start the match, played strong and built a big lead, like 6 or 7 to 1. He started breaking down as his opponent came back, and then completely lost it at the end.