2007 AZ Straight Pool Challenge!

Blackjack

Illuminati Blacksmack
Silver Member
TheOne said:
Sorry guys will catch up with this list when return to the UK end of January.

Currently in Asia chilling out!

Hey dude, its 2008 - this thread should be history.

John Schmidt wins with a 403.

Williebetmore

Member, .25% Club
Silver Member
dmgwalsh said:
Welcome back to the world, if you are back.

Snowing like hell here in Chicago.

I already beat my 38 of last year with a stunning 39 for 2008:

http://video.google.com/videoplay?docid=6998020963812604187

At this rate I should get a 50 by the time I am 69.:D

DMG,
Yes, it is certainly getting harder to shoot our ages.

I have a 41 and a 38 in the SAME GAME this year (I LOST THE FREAKING GAME). Pro was going to 250 and I was going to 95........losing sucks.:mad:

jondrums

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Hey guys, I ran a 24 Tonight!!! that's quite a bit better than my previous best of 17. I'm very excited - a great way to start the new year off.
Jon

selftaut

straight pool nut
Silver Member
Williebetmore said:
DMG,
Yes, it is certainly getting harder to shoot our ages.

I have a 41 and a 38 in the SAME GAME this year (I LOST THE FREAKING GAME). Pro was going to 250 and I was going to 95........losing sucks.:mad:

Willie.....OUCH!!

I guess I just have to ask....did you have a chance at the rest:confused:

or err ummm...you don't want to talk about it:rolleyes:

Williebetmore

Member, .25% Club
Silver Member
selftaut said:
Willie.....OUCH!!

I guess I just have to ask....did you have a chance at the rest:confused:

or err ummm...you don't want to talk about it:rolleyes:

ST,
Actually I played well. The pro starts out at -250 and I start out at +5 and we both play to 100 (it's our league format). I was ahead 46 to -228; and then again at 84 to - 125. I made another 7 ball run and got out of position. Never shot at more than a lone ball the rest of the match. Final score 100-91. I didn't miss another ball after my 38 (fouls and single balls cancelled each other out).

It is actually quite enjoyable competing against such players. We have played regularly for a couple of years; and recently I have been able to offer more competition. A month ago we had 3 games in one day end at 100-99, 100-99, and 100-91 (YES I LOST ALL 3, PLEASE DON'T TELL ANYONE).

There are things to be learned from pro's who have an avid interest in the finer points of the game. I usually think about halfway through each game, "damn, I'm lucky."

dmgwalsh

Straight Pool Fanatic
Silver Member
Williebetmore said:
ST,
Actually I played well. The pro starts out at -250 and I start out at +5 and we both play to 100 (it's our league format). I was ahead 46 to -228; and then again at 84 to - 125. I made another 7 ball run and got out of position. Never shot at more than a lone ball the rest of the match. Final score 100-91. I didn't miss another ball after my 38 (fouls and single balls cancelled each other out).

It is actually quite enjoyable competing against such players. We have played regularly for a couple of years; and recently I have been able to offer more competition. A month ago we had 3 games in one day end at 100-99, 100-99, and 100-91 (YES I LOST ALL 3, PLEASE DON'T TELL ANYONE).

There are things to be learned from pro's who have an avid interest in the finer points of the game. I usually think about halfway through each game, "damn, I'm lucky."

Willie: A couple of very solid runs in the same game and still end up on the short end. I guess the pro put you in jail the rest of the way.

Sounds very interesting. I predict you will hit the 100 mark this year. I may be a year early but it seems like you have a lot of plus 30s, some 40s, 50s and 60s.

We shall see.

Dennis
p.s. Dana is in town and he may come by the illinois billiard club Thursday, weather permitting.

Blackjack

Illuminati Blacksmack
Silver Member
dmgwalsh said:
Willie: A couple of very solid runs in the same game and still end up on the short end. I guess the pro put you in jail the rest of the way.

Sounds very interesting. I predict you will hit the 100 mark this year. I may be a year early but it seems like you have a lot of plus 30s, some 40s, 50s and 60s.

We shall see.

Dennis
p.s. Dana is in town and he may come by the illinois billiard club Thursday, weather permitting.

Say hello to Dana for me!

Williebetmore

Member, .25% Club
Silver Member
dmgwalsh said:

We shall see.

Dennis

DMG,
Thanks for the kind sentiments; but 100 seems very far. I've just had one run in the 50's and one in the 60's. My game, however, is REALLY improving the past several weeks.

I have been very fortunate to fall in with a group of pro's who take an active interest in my game....as I improve towards mediocrity they seem to take more interest. My mission for the year is to run a 50 in competition with the pro on the trick Diamond table on which we usually play...that would be ultra-cool (though might adversely effect the monstrous handicap that I receive...my opponent HATES to lose, no matter the game or handicap).

TheOne

www.MetroPool.club
Silver Member
ok closed this thread now and added new average score to 1st post.

A little down on last year but so many more players taking part!

I'm sure we can get it up this year, good luck everyone and well done!

Solartje

the Brunswick BUG bit me
Silver Member
two 29's to start the year for me. (today)

hadn't played straight in some time, so decided to play some 14-1. Still no BIG run and havent run my age. (30 :cool: ) There must be a 3pack coming soon, i just feel it. i'd LOVE to stroke a 50this year, but it will be a difficult target.

i got one run on video, but i got a bit of luck :p

(darn 12minuts... any other place then youtube to upload it? or ill just shorten it?)

dmgwalsh

Straight Pool Fanatic
Silver Member
Solartje said:
two 29's to start the year for me. (today)

hadn't played straight in some time, so decided to play some 14-1. Still no BIG run and havent run my age. (30 :cool: ) There must be a 3pack coming soon, i just feel it. i'd LOVE to stroke a 50this year, but it will be a difficult target.

(darn 12minuts... any other place then youtube to upload it? or ill just shorten it?)

You can use google video for longer vids. Works fine.

You should post this in the 2008 thread and also pm the one with your run and your video link, so he will put it in the list.

mjantti

Enjoying life
Silver Member
Solartje said:

Next time play faster ;)

tonmo

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Try PoolVids.com for your longer vids -- I don't believe we have any that run over 12 mins, but I'm willing to support it if we can! Max file size is 100MB.