Broke 50!!!!

S

Scottster

I broke 50 just now with a 52! This is a milestone for me. I was chippin away at the stack and cut a ball into the corner and played whitey into a cluster and well... it was ugly, I tried to go into a cluster and bump a ball in position for a break shot, ended up frozen on a ball, and the run stopped there

I know it might not seem like much to many, especially being a certain someone's "protege", but I have only been playing 14.1 for about 10 months.

I made a slight change in my stance which turned into a huge difference. I have raised my chin off the cue to about an inch and a half above the cue. For some reason this has made a pivotal change in my ball pocketing.

Eddie4269

Billiard Equpment Tech
Silver Member
Congrats Scott,

Hey, when does the new session start?? I'm on your list (Chad Shoup) of new players. Call me sometime.

Williebetmore

Member, .25% Club
Silver Member
Scottster said:
I broke 50 just now with a 52! This is a milestone for me. I was chippin away at the stack and cut a ball into the corner and played whitey into a cluster and well... it was ugly, I tried to go into a cluster and bump a ball in position for a break shot, ended up frozen on a ball, and the run stopped there

I know it might not seem like much to many, especially being a certain someone's "protege", but I have only been playing 14.1 for about 10 months.

I made a slight change in my stance which turned into a huge difference. I have raised my chin off the cue to about an inch and a half above the cue. For some reason this has made a pivotal change in my ball pocketing.

'Ster,
Well done, and congratulations. It actually seems like a lot to me. I started playing 5 years ago, and it took me all 5 to finally break 50. As recently as a year ago I was starting to think it wasn't even a realistic goal.

Are you now going to try for that magic 100????

poolplayer2093

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
good work man congrats are deffinetly in order. you should see if you can tape youself shooting and put it on youtue for us

Steve Lipsky

On quest for perfect 14.1
Silver Member
Congratulations Scott, I know more runs like this are coming.

I have a feeling a "support group" like this ( ;) ) is going to help all of us achieve these kinds of goals!

Congrats again!

- Steve

Blackjack

Illuminati Blacksmack
Silver Member
Congratulations, Scott! 4 racks lead to 5, 5 racks lead to 6, 6 racks lead to 7, before you know it you'll be in triple digits!

Gerry

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Well done dude! 50 is a big number for many reasons! I remember my first 50 even though my first 50 was a 61:) I didn't realize where I was in the run while getting ready to shoot my opponent said "wanna play annother one?".....I was like huh? I'm at 86? .....I totally slept a whole rack!:eek:

A next biggie is a 2 or 3 inning game....I love those!

Gerry

sjb

evolving player
Silver Member
Awesome!

Way to go, Scottster!

Note to league operator: Bump Scottster's handicap rating about 20 points for next session.:D

S

Scottster

Eddie4269 said:
Congrats Scott,

Hey, when does the new session start?? I'm on your list (Chad Shoup) of new players. Call me sometime.

Hi Chad,

The next season is going to start April 30.

practice up on your equal offense and here pretty soon will meet up and get your handicap set. Glad you are gonna particpate.

mjantti

Enjoying life
Silver Member
Good job Scottster. Breaking the half century mark is something a regular ballbanger will never do. If you can run 50, you'll know you can run much more.

acedotcom

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Nice run! :) I remember when I was a kid 50 was a big milestone for me. It was one of those times you get lost in the game - my opponent had to tap me on the shoulder and tell me I was out.

sniper

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Congratulations on the run Scott, I'm particularly jealous becaue 50 is my goal to reach for the year, hopefully I'll join you in the "half-century" club soon!