Go Back   AzBilliards.com > Main Category > Main Forum
Reload this Page Take a breather and enjoy the beauty of this game...
Page 1 of 2 1 2

Share Thread Tools Rate Thread
Take a breather and enjoy the beauty of this game...
Old
  (#1)
chefjeff
No sides, only players
chefjeff has a reputation beyond reputechefjeff has a reputation beyond reputechefjeff has a reputation beyond reputechefjeff has a reputation beyond reputechefjeff has a reputation beyond reputechefjeff has a reputation beyond reputechefjeff has a reputation beyond reputechefjeff has a reputation beyond reputechefjeff has a reputation beyond reputechefjeff has a reputation beyond reputechefjeff has a reputation beyond repute

vCash: 500

Take a breather and enjoy the beauty of this game... - 03-11-2005, 07:44 AM

The link, below, was posted on another thread that only about 390 people visited. What a missed post! I'm reposting it here as a reminder of what this beautiful game really gives us.

The entire universe of physics, philosophy, physiology, psychology, sex, business, ethics, religion, morality, the biggest picture, the smallest picture, everything in between, life and death, and the resulting happiness are dramatically expressed by this short video.

Watch it and recognize the senseless b/s that has recently penetrated this forum for what it is. Take a breather as all the bad just disappears and all the good comes forth. Bask in it and be thankful that we live in a prosperous enough time and place and are healthy enough to be able to experience pool.

http://www.bskunion.at/efler/Faszin...ows_Media_9.wmv

Bob Jewett explains: The video that the clip is from was shot and produced by a group in Austria. I think the player was Andreas Efler. The part of the cue ball that rubs on the cloth is heated and the cloth is heated in masse shots.

Now, don't you feel better?

Jeff Livingston

Old
  (#2)
MikeJanis
Banned
MikeJanis has a reputation beyond reputeMikeJanis has a reputation beyond reputeMikeJanis has a reputation beyond reputeMikeJanis has a reputation beyond reputeMikeJanis has a reputation beyond reputeMikeJanis has a reputation beyond reputeMikeJanis has a reputation beyond reputeMikeJanis has a reputation beyond reputeMikeJanis has a reputation beyond reputeMikeJanis has a reputation beyond reputeMikeJanis has a reputation beyond repute

vCash: 2000

03-11-2005, 08:07 AM

I can't find any video at that link.

Mj

Old
  (#3)
catscradle
<< 2 all-time greats
catscradle has a reputation beyond reputecatscradle has a reputation beyond reputecatscradle has a reputation beyond reputecatscradle has a reputation beyond reputecatscradle has a reputation beyond reputecatscradle has a reputation beyond reputecatscradle has a reputation beyond reputecatscradle has a reputation beyond reputecatscradle has a reputation beyond reputecatscradle has a reputation beyond reputecatscradle has a reputation beyond repute

03-11-2005, 08:20 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MikeJanis
I can't find any video at that link.

Mj
The link got truncated I believe note the ... in the middle.

Bring back Jimbo from CT
Better to wear out than to rust out.

"It's never too late to be what you might have been." - George Eliot
"The urge to struggle lies latent in everyone." - Roger Bannister, The Four Minute Mile
"To die is nothing, but it is terrible not to live." - Victor Hugo, Les Miserables

Old
  (#4)
MikeJanis
Banned
MikeJanis has a reputation beyond reputeMikeJanis has a reputation beyond reputeMikeJanis has a reputation beyond reputeMikeJanis has a reputation beyond reputeMikeJanis has a reputation beyond reputeMikeJanis has a reputation beyond reputeMikeJanis has a reputation beyond reputeMikeJanis has a reputation beyond reputeMikeJanis has a reputation beyond reputeMikeJanis has a reputation beyond reputeMikeJanis has a reputation beyond repute

03-11-2005, 08:25 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by catscradle
The link got truncated I believe note the ... in the middle.

Ok, my meds are getting to me...... What does Truncated mean exactly?

Mj

Old
  (#5)
Black-Balled
He Rides the Skies
Black-Balled has a reputation beyond reputeBlack-Balled has a reputation beyond reputeBlack-Balled has a reputation beyond reputeBlack-Balled has a reputation beyond reputeBlack-Balled has a reputation beyond reputeBlack-Balled has a reputation beyond reputeBlack-Balled has a reputation beyond reputeBlack-Balled has a reputation beyond reputeBlack-Balled has a reputation beyond reputeBlack-Balled has a reputation beyond reputeBlack-Balled has a reputation beyond repute

vCash: 1200
  Send a message via AIM to Black-Balled  
03-11-2005, 08:26 AM

http://www.bskunion.at/efler/Faszina...ws_Media_9.wmv

Wow that is the best camera work I have ever seen. I think that I can put up the whole link.

Old
  (#6)
Black-Balled
He Rides the Skies
Black-Balled has a reputation beyond reputeBlack-Balled has a reputation beyond reputeBlack-Balled has a reputation beyond reputeBlack-Balled has a reputation beyond reputeBlack-Balled has a reputation beyond reputeBlack-Balled has a reputation beyond reputeBlack-Balled has a reputation beyond reputeBlack-Balled has a reputation beyond reputeBlack-Balled has a reputation beyond reputeBlack-Balled has a reputation beyond reputeBlack-Balled has a reputation beyond repute

03-11-2005, 08:29 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Black-Balled

Wow that is the best camera work I have ever seen. I think that I can put up the whole link.
Or not. thy this, remove the + and spaces.
http://www.bskunion.at + + /efler/Faszination_ + + Dreiband_Windows_ + + 9.wmv

iHopw that works cause its cool.

or you can goto http://www.bskunion.at and click the link called Videovorschau
dumie

Last edited by Black-Balled; 03-11-2005 at 09:08 AM. Reason: dum guy

Old
  (#7)
MikeJanis
Banned

03-11-2005, 08:31 AM

Quote:

Thanks, the above link worked better than words about how it didn't.

Mikey liked it !!!!

Mj

Old
  (#8)
Celtic
AZB's own 8-ball jihadist
Celtic has a reputation beyond reputeCeltic has a reputation beyond reputeCeltic has a reputation beyond reputeCeltic has a reputation beyond reputeCeltic has a reputation beyond reputeCeltic has a reputation beyond reputeCeltic has a reputation beyond reputeCeltic has a reputation beyond reputeCeltic has a reputation beyond reputeCeltic has a reputation beyond reputeCeltic has a reputation beyond repute

vCash: 1700

03-11-2005, 08:39 AM

That was just awesome. A clip like that as a commercial on TV would get alot of interest into the game. It does make the game look far more rich then most peoples view of bar pool on a friday night while drinking some beers. This game gets a raw deal as it can be quite the work of art.

Old
  (#9)
catscradle
<< 2 all-time greats
catscradle has a reputation beyond reputecatscradle has a reputation beyond reputecatscradle has a reputation beyond reputecatscradle has a reputation beyond reputecatscradle has a reputation beyond reputecatscradle has a reputation beyond reputecatscradle has a reputation beyond reputecatscradle has a reputation beyond reputecatscradle has a reputation beyond reputecatscradle has a reputation beyond reputecatscradle has a reputation beyond repute

03-11-2005, 08:51 AM

Quote:

Mj
Actually now that you mention it, it didn't get truncated as truncated means it is cut off at the end. In this case something was removed from the middle and ... substituted. I don't know what would be the right word for that. "abbreviated"?

Bring back Jimbo from CT
Better to wear out than to rust out.

"It's never too late to be what you might have been." - George Eliot
"The urge to struggle lies latent in everyone." - Roger Bannister, The Four Minute Mile
"To die is nothing, but it is terrible not to live." - Victor Hugo, Les Miserables

Old
  (#10)
Black-Balled
He Rides the Skies

03-11-2005, 09:10 AM

Quote:

Mj
Shortened or cut down, yes? Check out the vid it is cool. And the page can be viewed in english. There is the option on the bottom left of the left menu.

Old
  (#11)
Jersey
Clickin' & Clackin'
Jersey has a reputation beyond reputeJersey has a reputation beyond reputeJersey has a reputation beyond reputeJersey has a reputation beyond reputeJersey has a reputation beyond reputeJersey has a reputation beyond reputeJersey has a reputation beyond reputeJersey has a reputation beyond reputeJersey has a reputation beyond reputeJersey has a reputation beyond reputeJersey has a reputation beyond repute

03-11-2005, 09:39 AM

Thanks for that, chefjeff, and your right...this game is beautiful when you know and understand what's going on!...and I agree that TV commercials with great images like that would really spur interest...this game needs a more polished presentation...it is a 'Gentlemans' game after all...made my day...can't wait to get on the cloth this weekend...

some people like their greens in links, I prefer my greens 50x100...

Name: Sean
Cue: Schon LTD 916
Jump/Break Cue: Jerico Stinger
Case: Instroke Buffalo

Collection: Schon STL 4, Meucci Original Gambler, Fury DL-8, Fury J/B, Instroke Premier

~May All The Rolls Go Your Way~

Old
  (#12)
Bob Jewett
Northern California

Bob Jewett has a reputation beyond reputeBob Jewett has a reputation beyond reputeBob Jewett has a reputation beyond reputeBob Jewett has a reputation beyond reputeBob Jewett has a reputation beyond reputeBob Jewett has a reputation beyond reputeBob Jewett has a reputation beyond reputeBob Jewett has a reputation beyond reputeBob Jewett has a reputation beyond reputeBob Jewett has a reputation beyond reputeBob Jewett has a reputation beyond repute

vCash: 1700

03-11-2005, 12:10 PM

Quote:

There are seven sections in the free clip:

1. Flying Cue Ball Hitting Cushion. You can see the spin change nearly instantly on the cushion and the cushion penetration.

2. 3-Cushion Follow Shot in Infrared. You can see hot spots where the first object ball rubs on the cloth. Also, the cue ball hops as it bounces back from the rail, leaving a series of hot spots.

3. Tip Hitting Ball. You can see the tip emitting a cloud of chalk even before it hits the cue ball, and afterwards, oh, my is there a cloud. You can also see tip compression, and the tip riding around the cue ball as spin goes on, which is the thing that causes squirt. There is only one tip contact.

4. Jump Shot With Follow. Does the tip hit a second time? See the stick wiggle after the shot.

5. Masse From Behind. Notice the hot spots as the cue ball is hopping as it leaves the tip. Note how the cloth is heated by the cue ball -- the path is a parabola. There is a hot ring around the cue ball where it has been rubbing on the cloth, most noticible just after the peak of the parabola.

6. Running With The Balls. Just like Pamplona.

7. Ball Meets Cushion. See the dust fly. You can also see the cushion penetration again.

Bob Jewett
SF Billiard Academy

Old
  (#13)
Jack Flanagan
P. T. Barnum was right !
Jack Flanagan has a reputation beyond reputeJack Flanagan has a reputation beyond reputeJack Flanagan has a reputation beyond reputeJack Flanagan has a reputation beyond reputeJack Flanagan has a reputation beyond reputeJack Flanagan has a reputation beyond reputeJack Flanagan has a reputation beyond reputeJack Flanagan has a reputation beyond reputeJack Flanagan has a reputation beyond reputeJack Flanagan has a reputation beyond reputeJack Flanagan has a reputation beyond repute

vCash: 900

03-11-2005, 01:09 PM

one word................."WOW !"

'cause crazy unkle jackie sez so !

cue: a bunch of 'em
hours: 3 to 12, 7 days a week
www.internationalcuemakers.com

www.jimboarmy.com

Old
  (#14)
greenkill
AzB Gold Member
greenkill has a reputation beyond reputegreenkill has a reputation beyond reputegreenkill has a reputation beyond reputegreenkill has a reputation beyond reputegreenkill has a reputation beyond reputegreenkill has a reputation beyond reputegreenkill has a reputation beyond reputegreenkill has a reputation beyond reputegreenkill has a reputation beyond reputegreenkill has a reputation beyond reputegreenkill has a reputation beyond repute

Send a message via AIM to greenkill Send a message via MSN to greenkill  
03-11-2005, 01:23 PM

Is there a place where you can get the 'non' free clip? Purchase?

Wow!
Old
  (#15)
ScottR
AzB Silver Member
ScottR has a reputation beyond reputeScottR has a reputation beyond reputeScottR has a reputation beyond reputeScottR has a reputation beyond reputeScottR has a reputation beyond reputeScottR has a reputation beyond reputeScottR has a reputation beyond reputeScottR has a reputation beyond reputeScottR has a reputation beyond reputeScottR has a reputation beyond reputeScottR has a reputation beyond repute

Wow! - 03-11-2005, 01:54 PM

Thanks for sharing this link.

"No need to get all colored text on me." - JCIN

Page 1 of 2 1 2

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: