Filthy Tables

asmith74

Where I pay homage
Silver Member
Hey all,

I hang at a place that has two nice full size tables that have gotten horrendously filthy since the league has stopped. I'm thinking of going in there one morning and asking the staff if it’s cool if I clean and level the tables. Does this action make me look like an obsessed weirdo, or does it just make sense?

Thanks,
Andy

gunzby

My light saber is LD
Silver Member
I think they would appreciate it. I say make a deal where you play for free for as long as you wish on the days you clean the tables.

rackem

SUPPORT CLUB MEMBERSHIP
Silver Member
I vacumned the piles of dirt from under the rails and brushed the tables at my local pub a couple of days ago. If I don't do it nobody would.
Am I obsessive? Probably. But they sure do play nicer and it earned me a few free drinks.:smile:
Don't tell anybody but I also stashed the powder cone. :nanner::grin-devilish: I never use it, so why play in the their mess.
I also tapped the rack area using Abe's template. Maybe obsessive but the tables do play and rack much better

Last edited:

Rob_jerrylee

Bustamante's # 1 fan
Silver Member
Well anytime I'm playing at my local bar I like to clean them off , I'll brush them down also there's two things I can't stand , a dirty table and a table with so much chone chalk you can't tell what color the cloth is .

Every Tuesday we have free pool at the bar well one night it was almost closing time and I look at the one table and this guy had so much hand powder I almost spit my drink out , so I walked over to him and played a couple games with him and asked him why he used so much powder and his reply was he didn't realize how much he used .

So I'm with the rest of you , you've got to have a clean table to play on .:thumbup:

Eric Wynne

Banned
God Bless you guys ... Real people who take action ... Run for president ...PLEASE ... I play in a room where the owner doesn't care and it sucks ... Dirty shafts abound and bad rolls are daily ... Under the rails looks like a garbage dump ... Don't support people who don't support you !!! :cool:

CreeDo

Fargo Rating 597
Silver Member
it's fine to do it yourself, but try to talk to the boss and see if he's able to fix the problem first. It's best to give the owner a chance to make it right, both of you feel better afterwards. If he won't, go ahead and do it yourself (tho I think it's a shame you have to do their job for them).

stick8

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
filthy tables

I have a house man that cleans my tables and room 4 times week tables cleaned daley!!!!! been that way 12yr not going to change!!!:p:p:p

Tbeaux

Angelic Hotdog
Silver Member
I'd ask them about cleaning the tables and just mention the leveling. Maybe they'll take the hint and start maintaining the equipement they way they're supposed to.

ftgokie

D player extraordinaire
Silver Member
Yea...your a freaking wierdo.....u freak

Heck...people look at me funny when I go to a certain pool hall and whip out my table brush....I prefer a clean table...

So I guess i am a wierdo as well....welcome to the club! :thumbup:

asmith74

Where I pay homage
Silver Member
Gotta do it

It’s good to be part of the club :D. Yeah, I guess I'll go in one night and ask if it's cool to clean the tables the next morning and suggest that they have them leveled. I'm not a table mechanic and I doubt I could do it by myself. I hear those things are kinda heavy. It's just gotten to the point that you can't have a decent game on them. The rolls all go funky and you can see and feel pieces of dirt or something on them. I don't even want to think about under the rails :eek:. Thanks for all the advice.

Andy

measureman

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Good post. I am not going to clean the table but i do carry a rag and wipe down the rails while i play.

Donny Wessels

Silver Member
I do the pool tables at Dave and Busters in my area. I arrive at 6am. The cleaning crew is already there. This place is the cleanest place I've ever seen, never seen a place cleaned as well as the Dave and Busters in my area. I've seen the manager walking through the billiard room with a flash light looking for dust on the walls and furniture.