Have You Had Experience with Diand Rail Rubber?

Roger Illinois

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I was told that Diamond Rail Rubber is about the same as Superspeed.
If you have had experience with Diamond (other than playing) let me know.
I am trying to make my Brunswick play like a Diamond bar box table.

realkingcobra

Silver Member
I was told that Diamond Rail Rubber is about the same as Superspeed.
If you have had experience with Diamond (other than playing) let me know.
I am trying to make my Brunswick play like a Diamond bar box table.

And just how does your Brunswick play right now compared to a Diamond Smart Table? What would you like to change about the way it plays? What about the play of the Diamond do you like that your table is different?

Glen

Roger Illinois

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
diamond rubber

I am looking to speed up the rails and cloth.
I will probably change the cloth to Simonis 860 HR.

No sure about the rubber (Superspeed or Diamond????).

Roger Illinois

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
railrubber

Not that it really matters, Aviator
What I am questioning is Superspeed or Diamond? Diamond would save about $35.00, but would it be worth the additional money?
Do you have experience with Diamond rail rubber?

TheTablePro

Silver Member
What I am questioning is Superspeed or Diamond? Diamond would save about $35.00, but would it be worth the additional money?

SUGGESTION: Might want to do a little forum research before asking Glen that question :eek:

This thread just might get to be on the entertaining side :cool:

Dartman

Silver Member
Wondering if I put Ferrari wheels on my Trailblazer will it drive like a Ferrari?
Hmmmm- I doubt it. I'd say if I want the driveability of a Ferrari maybe I should just buy one. :rolleyes:

Dartman

Silver Member
Pass the popcorn please.

images

realkingcobra

Silver Member

I guess you're not aware of the fact that I'm Diamonds billiards table consultant in the design of their Smart tables;) as well as their top table mechanic;)

The reason I asked what kind of table you have is because just changing the cushions may not make any difference in the play of the table, unless the cushions that are on the table are deteriating...going bad.

As far as the Diamond black K55 cushions go, they're better designed than the Brunswick Super Speed cushions go when it comes to being moulded right. When it comes to play ability, they're both about the same. When it comes to how long the cushions will last...that's kind of a bigger gamble with the Brunswicks than the Diamonds.

Does that answer your questions?

Glen

Roger Illinois

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Diamond rail rubber

Yes that gives me a better idea, although I would have guessed that the design would affect playability. I have some play ability.

I recently install Pool God's rubber. It play O.K. but prefer something a little faster.

And,no I did not know. It would have been nice to know that up front.

Thank you for your help.

Roger-Illinois

Dartman

Silver Member
I guess you're not aware of the fact that I'm Diamonds billiards table consultant in the design of their Smart tables;) as well as their top table mechanic;)

The reason I asked what kind of table you have is because just changing the cushions may not make any difference in the play of the table ...

Glen

Frankly these play like a Diamond threads are getting old. Diamond has playabilty down pat for the most part but continues to look at ways to be better. I'd rather see you and the other top dogs make reference to making a table "play right" without regard to brand comparison. JMO.

realkingcobra

Silver Member
Frankly these play like a Diamond threads are getting old. Diamond has playabilty down pat for the most part but continues to look at ways to be better. I'd rather see you and the other top dogs make reference to making a table "play right" without regard to brand comparison. JMO.

Playing right...starts with the manufacture first...they could learn a lot if they'd take a look at the rails on the Diamond tables...but then again, they'd have to be first willing to build a better product...but that might actually cut in to profits a little...so why should they bother...since they know there's a huge "unknowing" market of customers out here just waiting to buy a table that LOOKS good...but as we all know for the most part...they don't really play pool anyway...which is why the WIFE gets to pick out the table for the ROOM that needs SOMETHING in it...and besides that...all it really has to do...is LOOK good...to fold cloths on it.

Education...of the buying public...is the key to manufactures building better pool tables...so they can STAY in business...because an educated buying public....wouldn't spend $10.00 on most of the junk out there for sale....if they really KNEW anything about pool tables...and all them junk sellers would be OFF the market!!!...

Hows that Rick?:grin:

Glen

realkingcobra

Silver Member
Yes that gives me a better idea, although I would have guessed that the design would affect playability. I have some play ability.

I recently install Pool God's rubber. It play O.K. but prefer something a little faster.

And,no I did not know. It would have been nice to know that up front.

Thank you for your help.

Roger-Illinois

Cushion "playability" is kind of over rated, and missunderstood most of the time...even by most pool table mechanics...or there wouldn't be table mechanics installing K66 cushions on rails designed for K55 cushions...and vs versus.

If it were all about the cushions, then a Brunswick and a Diamond 9ft...with the same Artemis K55 cushions installed, and the same cloth...would play exactly the same...but they don't.

Putting the Diamond K55 black cushions on your table may or may not change the way your table plays. If your cushions are in need of replacement, then yes you'd certainly notice a difference in the play....but, with that being said...until the sub-rails are corrected to match the cushions being installed...you're not going to get the best playability that your table could produce....as you're limited to the manufactures design of the rails..when it comes to the way your table is going to play...before the cushions are changed...and after. I'm not saying you won't be happy with how your table plays after the cushions are changed....what I am saying however is...you'll never play a game of pool on your table where your table plays at it's best...unless the right table mechanic corrects the manufactured rails for that table;)

Glen

Dartman

Silver Member
Playing right...starts with the manufacture first...they could learn a lot if they'd take a look at the rails on the Diamond tables...but then again, they'd have to be first willing to build a better product...but that might actually cut in to profits a little...so why should they bother...since they know there's a huge "unknowing" market of customers out here just waiting to buy a table that LOOKS good...but as we all know for the most part...they don't really play pool anyway...which is why the WIFE gets to pick out the table for the ROOM that needs SOMETHING in it...and besides that...all it really has to do...is LOOK good...to fold cloths on it.

Education...of the buying public...is the key to manufactures building better pool tables...so they can STAY in business...because an educated buying public....wouldn't spend $10.00 on most of the junk out there for sale....if they really KNEW anything about pool tables...and all them junk sellers would be OFF the market!!!...

Hows that Rick?:grin:

Glen

Good points but consider that people complain about D tables too as you know. If I recall correctly this is one reason you talked with D about the geometry of the cushions on their tables for an adjustment. It's the metrics/specs/parts quality that help make a table play right - which any table mfg could do. Add a qualified tech for installation and you have a table that plays well.

My point is that a top tech can optimize the rails, angles, etc so playability really becomes a result of the techs knowledge and expertise. Consider that you work most of your magic on GC's so in reality You are making the table play as good as it can - which may be similar to or better then a D.