Ronnie O'Sullivan calls his shot. 147 with a twist.

Cashman

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Thought some people may enjoy this video.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mN1ritRsj_w&feature=related

This past weekend O'Sullivan ran his 10th competition 147. After an easy miss by his opponent left a wide open table, Ronnie potted the first red and black. And then proceeded to ask the referee what the prize was for a maximum break.

After a minute of conversation, he's informed that there is no prize. He clears the table down to the black and turns and shakes his opponents hand.

After some encouragement from the referee and fans, he returns to the table to pot the last black in a very reckless manner.

Rc

Georgia Boy

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Typical Ronnie O'Sullivan, imagine how good he could be if his brain was actually wired correctly, what a dick.

TimKrazyMon

Kid Delicious' Evil Twin
Silver Member
No prize for a maximum?! Seriously?! That sucks. I thought every big snooker tournament had at least some amount set aside for maximums.

Georgia Boy

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I agree that sucks, but not because of the money, just that Ronnie continues to be an arse and treat the fans like that. They pay the guys wages, without fans there would be no sponsors and no money for Ronnie.

bfdlad

T-Wheels
Silver Member
The guy has soooo much natural talent its amazing to watch him play. Georgiaboy, I understand what you are saying about him however I think he was making a point. He played position on the final black and so he knew he was going to finish but wanted to show the promoter that they should have something set aside for such a feat.

He may have been wrong as you say the fans pay his wages etc however, genius in my eyes.

Cashman

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
No prize for a maximum?! Seriously?! That sucks. I thought every big snooker tournament had at least some amount set aside for maximums.

I'm not sure about every tournament, the World Championships still has a massive prize for a maximum. The smaller tourneys, maybe not so much.

I would tend to believe, that with the state of the pro snooker world today. Most events would just be happy to have enough sponsors to cover the prize fund and their expenses. A maximum bonus would just be gravy.

Rc

RunoutJJ

Professional Banger
Silver Member
Yeah Ronnie is a god when its comes to Snooker but he's shit at 8 ball and 9 ball. I loved wathcing Johhny Archer talk mad shit to him while he creamed him. Then again i think its bad for anybody to act like that. Johnny could have made everyone else in the world believe that "all Americas and fat stupid rednex" sterotype...

At any rate Ronnie was out of line and being an arrogant jerk!!
tosser.gif

TimKrazyMon

Kid Delicious' Evil Twin
Silver Member
Yeah, I know the Worlds has the 247,000 pound pot for maximums. I was under the impression that the "smaller" events, like the Irish Open and such always had a 25,000 pound pot for maximums.

I recall Ronnie had a nice string of having maximums at Worlds he started calling it his "Bentley bonus". He wasn't happy sharing it a couple years ago with Ali Carter.

Georgia Boy

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Cashman you maybe right about maximum break prizes, as there is a lot less money to go around these days. I believe Ronnie is probably the most naturally gifted player the game has ever seen. My point though is that at some point you'd think he would grow up, but I guess not.

I remember a few years ago, when he got knocked out in the semi's of a tournament and thought he'd played badly. Maybe he had by his standards but not by anyone else's, the next tournament he proceeded to play most of it left handed:( Personally I'd like to be half as good right handed as he is left handed thats just amazing!

TimKrazyMon

Kid Delicious' Evil Twin
Silver Member
Yeah Ronnie is a god when its comes to Snooker but he's shit at 8 ball and 9 ball. I loved wathcing Johhny Archer talk mad shit to him while he creamed him. Then again i think its bad for anybody to act like that. Johnny could have made everyone else in the world believe that "all Americas and fat stupid rednex" sterotype...

tosser.gif

True, Ronnie is not the god in 8-ball/9-ball as he is in snooker, but he isn't any slouch either. He had some Mosconi Cup appearances for Europe & beat jolly old Earl once or twice. Earl just loved that.

rhyno

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
o'sullivan is probably along with efren the most talented cueist ever born.
the guy is unbelievable,ok he can go a bit crazy at times but his results speak for themselves.
if he took 9-ball/10-ball seriously he'd be one of the top players easily.it would probably take him 6 months to adapt and learn a few systems;).
there's no player who could move to snooker in that time scale and get anywhere near his level.

bfdlad

T-Wheels
Silver Member
True, Ronnie is not the god in 8-ball/9-ball as he is in snooker, but he isn't any slouch either. He had some Mosconi Cup appearances for Europe & beat jolly old Earl once or twice. Earl just loved that.
Earl has nothing but good things to sday about Ronnie, they get along great and maybe admire each other for what they can do in their own sport also they are both a little crazy so that might be too :)

RichGambler

The Kid

tosser.gif
Link Please

the420trooper

Free T-Rex
Silver Member

That's all that really needs to be said, with the exception that I think Efren is "only" a very gifted player. O'Sullivan is a true genius. If Ronnie had cut his teeth on pool instead of snooker, we would never hear from Efren anymore...he would have quit the game in frustration long ago.

Ronnie is like Mozart, Beethoven, Bob the Builder, and anyone else who has ever been head and shoulders above the best in their respective professions.

Also, I think he deserves a little cheddar for making a max break...How many people in the world are capable of doing that even ONCE in their lives? Ronnie knew he could do it with 20 balls still left on the table. Anyone who can do that should get paid for it.

Reactions: Siz

DRW

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Thought some people may enjoy this video.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mN1ritRsj_w&feature=related

This past weekend O'Sullivan ran his 10th competition 147. After an easy miss by his opponent left a wide open table, Ronnie potted the first red and black. And then proceeded to ask the referee what the prize was for a maximum break.

After a minute of conversation, he's informed that there is no prize. He clears the table down to the black and turns and shakes his opponents hand.

After some encouragement from the referee and fans, he returns to the table to pot the last black in a very reckless manner.

Rc

Makes those little pockets look like buckets.:D

dedstroke38

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
the guy is unbelievable,ok he can go a bit crazy at times but his results speak for themselves.
if he took 9-ball/10-ball seriously he'd be one of the top players easily.it would probably take him 6 months to adapt and learn a few systems;).
there's no player who could move to snooker in that time scale and get anywhere near his level.

I completely agree. IMO he IS the most physically talented cueist in the world bar none. No one has anywhere near the fire power and pure shot making ability as Ronnie. Like others mentioned, if his head was screwed on straight he could dominant anything he would like. It just seems like geniuses always have a screw loose.

dedstroke38

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I agree that sucks, but not because of the money, just that Ronnie continues to be an arse and treat the fans like that. They pay the guys wages, without fans there would be no sponsors and no money for Ronnie.

I consider myself a fan and I absolutely love Ronnie. Though Ronnie frequently is up to crazy antics I think 95% of the time he does it without offending the players or the fans.

mbvl

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I consider myself a fan and I absolutely love Ronnie. Though Ronnie frequently is up to crazy antics I think 95% of the time he does it without offending the players or the fans.

I agree. If he had refused to pot the final black, I don't think his fans would have felt cheated, it would just have added to his legendary status.

Mark