The Champs visit..

blackpearlmaker

Caliper User......
Silver Member
Hello everyone, just want to share this, although its not the first time but i think its different now, since the last he came to me, he is not yet a World Champion, it was yesterday latenight and ready to bed when Dennis, a good friend of mine, with his family, give a call and well its not new to me, being called at mid night for emergency repair of the sticks, he want me to repair his break cue because he has a money game:).

SDC14719.jpg

As usual we did some lot of conversations, joking and of course greetings for the win. He is a very nice guy, cause he also came from Visayas like me.
According to him, he still can't believe that this was already happening to him, on his carrer as a billiard player, he remembered his old days, he only eat once a day because he has no money on his pocket. he made a lot of sacrifice to make it to the top. Well i really believe on this guy, i remember when i was a new to cuemaking, i always delivered a cue to one billiardhall in Cubao, and i always see him practicing the whole day, his shirt was full of sweat and dont have enough food for a day. Well, nobody really know his destiny. and this guy is very lucky.

He also showed me all his equipment, break cue, playing cue, cue case.
He is very confident to all his gadgets, he has two SW and 1 american custom cue and here is the picture of his favorite playing cue, it was a Southwest, made of Goncalo Alves and BEM points with red and black venners, he said to me this was the cue he used when he win the World Title, the shaft of his cue was a spliced shaft, i think it was a partial and made fit for the butt. He likes to used LD shafts.

SDC14713.jpg

SDC14712.jpg

Right now we are working a project, a cue that has signature with Dennis and has the same specs. of his playing cue but not the design. as a tribute to him. and hopefully everyone has opportunity to shoot with it.

God Bless to all,
Al

Johnnyt

Burn all jump cues
Silver Member
Dennis was a fisherman, wasn't he? I know when I was growing up on the water I had to fish for money and to put fish on the table We & Fi. At 14 and 15 I baited Cod tub lines, crabed, clamed, and worked on a comercial Cod and Lobster boat. Very hard work with little pay in those days. Only good thing about going out to sea for days or weeks was you couldn't piss your money away until you came home. But I never was on welfare or any other gov gift. Johnnyt

C.Milian

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I've seen a few interviews, and tho I didn't understand what they were saying Dennis seems to be very humble. Every time he answered, you can tell he was genuinely respecting the interviewer, when he smiled or nod in agreement. I guess most of the Filipinos are that way.