Hall of Famer's Kid is at it again

M HOUSE

Silver Member
Congradulations

Robin, Congrats on your son's success. As a person in his 60's, I wouldn't ordinarily be familiar with is work. However, I am raising two young girls, ages 9 and 10. As a result, I am very familiar with his work.

When I tell them that his mother once played in my pool room they don't know if they should believe me or not. (Beach Club Billiards, Kissimmee, Fl.- I think it was for ESPN's Ultimate 9-ball Challenge). I think I even still have some of those Frogs somewhere.

Oh, my youngest, Lindsey, just walked into the room and she wants you to tell Drake that she is his biggest fan!!!

hang-the-9

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
My kids have watched Drake and Josh since it came out, it was great to find out who his mom is after I saw one of your older posts!

Not only do I like his guitar playing (been playing myself since high-school) but I get the tie to a famous pool player as well for the kids. My son has been playing pool since he was 8 (11 now) and it was neat being able to have you as a positive role model parent who also happens to be a star player. Not very common in this sport.

Robroy

Robin Dodson
Silver Member
My kids have watched Drake and Josh since it came out, it was great to find out who his mom is after I saw one of your older posts!

Not only do I like his guitar playing (been playing myself since high-school) but I get the tie to a famous pool player as well for the kids. My son has been playing pool since he was 8 (11 now) and it was neat being able to have you as a positive role model parent who also happens to be a star player. Not very common in this sport.

To fun for a mom!!! Even better than winning the World Championship!

http://video.aol.com/video/a-fairly...promo-clip/3886874434?a_dgi=aolshare_facebook

M HOUSE

Silver Member
Any cues ?

Robin,

I know you are involved in marketing some billiard related items, the one pictured in your Avatar for example. Just wondering if you are doing anything with any cues at this time. I found my Frogs. Each of my girls still had one in their case. It's what they learned to play with because the Frogs were just the right size when they started. They loved to drag me down to the Pool Room so they could show off their Frogs to their friends. Each time we went I would remind them that those cues came from a World Champion, but they always found that their friends were always far more impressed when they told them that the cues came from "Drakes' Mom".

Robroy

Robin Dodson
Silver Member
Robin,

I know you are involved in marketing some billiard related items, the one pictured in your Avatar for example. Just wondering if you are doing anything with any cues at this time. I found my Frogs. Each of my girls still had one in their case. It's what they learned to play with because the Frogs were just the right size when they started. They loved to drag me down to the Pool Room so they could show off their Frogs to their friends. Each time we went I would remind them that those cues came from a World Champion, but they always found that their friends were always far more impressed when they told them that the cues came from "Drakes' Mom".

I sold out of my line of cues, the only cues I have left are the Drake Bell Cue and Case I have about 60 left in stock. "Special #2 is Sold out" http://www.robindodson.com/drake_bell_liquidation_sale.htm

Last edited:

akaTrigger

Hi!
Silver Member
No offense, but this isn't pool related. I would be proud of my kids, also, but I wouldn't title the thread this way and I would have put it in the Non Pool Related section. But that's just me. And this is hard for me to say because I admire all the things you've done for pool and pool players.

"CaliRed".

High Def Videos!!!
Silver Member
No offense, but this isn't pool related. I would be proud of my kids, also, but I wouldn't title the thread this way and I would have put it in the Non Pool Related section. But that's just me. And this is hard for me to say because I admire all the things you've done for pool and pool players.

I agree Trig... Being proud of your kids is great..not a thing wrong with that.. but this is a pool forum. The NPR section is a perfect area to post pics, videos, tour dates, tv dates anything you can possibly imagine... it's 100% cool there.

Just think of how many parents we have here that are proud of their kids, then think of what this forum would look like if everyone posted about how proud they were of their kids for whatever reason.

I"m sure there is no way someone could get offended at being told this, if they believe that that there are many, many, parents here, that feel the same or more amount of pride, that Robin does.

We do have rules here, and we all need to pitch in and make the right decision, so posters like Trig or I or the scores of others that won't say anything, even though they feel the same way, don't have to feel uncomfortable making this post. If Robin is of sound body and mind, we trust she will not be offended, but thank us for our help.:)

Robroy

Robin Dodson
Silver Member
I agree Trig... Being proud of your kids is great..not a thing wrong with that.. but this is a pool forum. The NPR section is a perfect area to post pics, videos, tour dates, tv dates anything you can possibly imagine... it's 100% cool there.

Just think of how many parents we have here that are proud of their kids, then think of what this forum would look like if everyone posted about how proud they were of their kids for whatever reason.

I"m sure there is no way someone could get offended at being told this, if they believe that that there are many, many, parents here, that feel the same or more amount of pride, that Robin does.

We do have rules here, and we all need to pitch in and make the right decision, so posters like Trig or I or the scores of others that won't say anything, even though they feel the same way, don't have to feel uncomfortable making this post. If Robin is of sound body and mind, we trust she will not be offended, but thank us for our help.:)

I have 3 sons...(I post for the pool player parents to tell their kids). I thought it would be on topic and ok in this forum I can certainly stop (Its boderline). Pool players have always been family to me, for years
and years.
I thought it was cool to tie Drake and his mom together so the players here could tell their kids...they know the World Champ mom...and they know her son.
Many times in Vegas...the parents ask if I would talk to their kids...I love to get on the phone with them...and put a smile on their face.
Its just cool to me...but your right I'm a total mom....and I totally love kids.
I loved when I was able to get back stage passes...free for some of the dads on here...so they would be the coolest dads ever (I know, they're the coolest dads ever even without the passes)!
And I thought their kids...would kinda think pool was pretty cool, after all.
No offense taken...just given my reasoning why I thought it was ok to do. Thanks for letting me know.

Last edited:

bboxgrinder

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
LOL @ the NPR section being the perfect spot for subjects like this, tours, dates, etc. Not trying to be wise Cali but have you looked at the NPR lately. Looks more like a fox vs cnn politics war then NPR. Those guys fingers must get blisters the way they go at it there.

Blue Hog ridr

World Famous Fisherman.
Silver Member
I'm sure this is a subject that has been on more than a few posters minds but refrained from posting their thoughts on this. Robin, you should be more than proud of Drakes accomplishments and a lot of them are most likely due to the direction you have given him in life. But after all, you have to consider that this isn't Teen Beat magazine.

Robroy

Robin Dodson
Silver Member
I'm sure this is a subject that has been on more than a few posters minds but refrained from posting their thoughts on this. Robin, you should be more than proud of Drakes accomplishments and a lot of them are most likely due to the direction you have given him in life. But after all, you have to consider that this isn't Teen Beat magazine.

Point taken....won't happen again

Blue Hog ridr

World Famous Fisherman.
Silver Member
Wondering why I feel like a POS right now. Not like me to try and hurt peoples feelings so it wasn't done on purpose to make you feel bad. Sorry Robin.

"CaliRed".

High Def Videos!!!
Silver Member
No offense taken...just given my reasoning why I thought it was ok to do. Thanks for letting me know.

You ooze of pride for your kids... believe me that is evident:)

I'm sure there are many kids out there that wish they had parents that gave them 1% of that to them. Hopefully your kids realize this.

That was a classy reply, no one likes to remind someone of the posting rules here to keep some kind of order, because some of the people will rag on you for mentioning it in the first place for various reasons (knowing deep down it's right), and even though many feel they want to say the same thing, it's hard to do because they know they will take heat for it.

I admire Trig for that, she is not afraid to stand up and say the right thing, knowing full well, it might bring some heat. Me.. I just tell myself I suck and get it out of the way.:D

Thanks for understanding Robin! Good luck on your video!

PS... tell the hubby that somewhere in the Top 5 Rules for building a web page... you gots to compress the image files. You have some of them on there, that are 100-200+kb.You want to have images under 75kb or so.. or think about converting to a png file.

Large files scattered all over the front page, or any page for that matter, slows the loading time way down. It is evident on your site. Images are still loading when the rest of the page is already loaded. No one is going to tell the difference. See for yourself. Shrink one of those big .jpg files down in half. Then look at the side by side. If it's a full size pic, that's one thing, but a small pic should be just that.. a small pic in file size too.

People are very picky these days... it's a proven fact. A second or two difference can determine if the user keeps on trucking or stays there.

(once again.. just trying to help!):) You got a great hubby, for jumping in everything .. web page.. video... I like him already.

"CaliRed".

High Def Videos!!!
Silver Member
LOL @ the NPR section being the perfect spot for subjects like this, tours, dates, etc. Not trying to be wise Cali but have you looked at the NPR lately. Looks more like a fox vs cnn politics war then NPR. Those guys fingers must get blisters the way they go at it there.

hehe.. I know that... I say it's the perfect spot for no other reason then the name of the forum Non Pool Related. .... Now what goes on behind those closed doors.... well that's a whole other thing.:)

Kickin' Chicken

Kick Shot Aficionado
Silver Member
I will say that I believe Trigger is right, that on the whole, this is NPR.

That said, there are still some Drake Bell model cues available, right? (pool related) :D I know, The For Sale forum awaits. ;)

Robin, I admire you greatly, not only for your personal accomplishments, but also for the enormous enthusiasm you have for your son's success. Can't blame you for that.

I think our world would be a much better place if more parents took such a keen interest in their kids and the directions they take.

Much luck to you and Drake. :thumbup:

Best,
Brian kc <---- who admits he probably also violated the main forum rules last year regarding a son and a Harvard graduation. :embarrassed2: