Go Back   AzBilliards.com > Main Category > Main Forum
Reload this Page There will be blood
Page 1 of 8 1 23 Last »

Share Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 7 votes, 5.00 average.
There will be blood
Old
  (#1)
thebark
AzB Silver Member
thebark has a reputation beyond reputethebark has a reputation beyond reputethebark has a reputation beyond reputethebark has a reputation beyond reputethebark has a reputation beyond reputethebark has a reputation beyond reputethebark has a reputation beyond reputethebark has a reputation beyond reputethebark has a reputation beyond reputethebark has a reputation beyond reputethebark has a reputation beyond repute

vCash: 500

There will be blood - 09-09-2013, 12:28 PM

I didn't want to have to start this thread. I wanted the governing body to act in judicious way, or at least in a way that would save them the embarrassment of abuse on a public forum, but their failure to act leads me to post here.

Here are the details. At the recent BCAPL 8Ball Championships held at the Rio many of my friends told me of a team that was playing with an unqualified player. Not an amazing story, it's been done before, but this time it was a League Operator's team (Jerry Stuckart Wednesday Inhouse at Stingers Glendale Az). Jerry was using a player that had never played once, according to all I talked to, and was therefore ineligible for team completion. The Stuckart team had even beaten another of his inhouse teams. Needless to say people were hot. I did not play team so I felt I would be the one to let BCAPL know what was going on.

I told Bill Stock the situation.Stuckart had an unqualified player on his team by the name of John. Everyone from the inhouse league said he had never played one week. There was another player named John who had subbed enough weeks to qualify but this was absolutely a different person. I therefore suggested that the league records had been forged to show that Stuckart's John had enough weeks. I told Bill that it was a serious violation especially coming from a league operator and I hoped the BCAPL would look into it. Bill told me it would take awhile to look into because they had to look into the computer records.

I patiently waited for the ruling knowing I would see Stock and Griffin at the Southwest Regional in Phoenix over Labor Day. To me this was a very serious offense for a League Operator. Through intermediaries it was expressed To the BCAPL Senior Staff how outraged the BCA players and other league operators of Metro Phoenix were. A just ruling was needed if they didn't want this brought out for public discussion. A minimum of one year suspension of league operations (even if he was still behind the scenes) seemed fair.

Then over Labor Day there was Jerry playing in the advanced/masters singles. His punishment I heard was that he couldn't personally play teams for 1 year and was on probation for anywhere from 1 to 3 years. This for a person in a position of trust and integrity just a slap on the wrist. The BCAPL really failed all their players and league operators of Arizona. Could it be that he got off so easily because he is going to take over the Southwest Regional with Dr. Pool next year? ettu brute TresKane

Old
  (#2)
ideologist
I don't never exaggerate
ideologist has a reputation beyond reputeideologist has a reputation beyond reputeideologist has a reputation beyond reputeideologist has a reputation beyond reputeideologist has a reputation beyond reputeideologist has a reputation beyond reputeideologist has a reputation beyond reputeideologist has a reputation beyond reputeideologist has a reputation beyond reputeideologist has a reputation beyond reputeideologist has a reputation beyond repute

09-09-2013, 12:35 PM

That's pretty lame if that is all that happened. That's the kind of move that should get an LO banned for life, since they sign agreements to uphold league rules.

Also, I'll be following this thread:

Make sure you check your references before you buy on this site. Even a mod here engages in bad business!

Old
  (#3)
Eric.
Club a member
Eric. has a reputation beyond reputeEric. has a reputation beyond reputeEric. has a reputation beyond reputeEric. has a reputation beyond reputeEric. has a reputation beyond reputeEric. has a reputation beyond reputeEric. has a reputation beyond reputeEric. has a reputation beyond reputeEric. has a reputation beyond reputeEric. has a reputation beyond reputeEric. has a reputation beyond repute

vCash: 1225

09-09-2013, 12:39 PM

http://forums.azbilliards.com/member.php?u=27587

Eric >pass the popcorn

Old
  (#4)
pt109
WO double hemlock

pt109 has a reputation beyond reputept109 has a reputation beyond reputept109 has a reputation beyond reputept109 has a reputation beyond reputept109 has a reputation beyond reputept109 has a reputation beyond reputept109 has a reputation beyond reputept109 has a reputation beyond reputept109 has a reputation beyond reputept109 has a reputation beyond reputept109 has a reputation beyond repute

09-09-2013, 12:45 PM

I would think that 1 year banishment from team play is more than a slap
on the wrist....and up to 3 years probation.

capital punishment is frowned on in many States

Lionize your game.
http://www.alexpagulayan.com/

MAGIC CHALK call Marco Polo 647-287-8131

If pool players had to have knowledge of geometry and physics before talking about geometry and physics, all of the aiming threads would disappear.

Bob Jewett
SF Billiard Academy

Last edited by pt109; 09-09-2013 at 01:18 PM.

Old
  (#5)
Cdryden
Pool Addict
Cdryden has a reputation beyond reputeCdryden has a reputation beyond reputeCdryden has a reputation beyond reputeCdryden has a reputation beyond reputeCdryden has a reputation beyond reputeCdryden has a reputation beyond reputeCdryden has a reputation beyond reputeCdryden has a reputation beyond reputeCdryden has a reputation beyond reputeCdryden has a reputation beyond reputeCdryden has a reputation beyond repute

09-09-2013, 12:59 PM

There will be blood? Lol, sounds a bit over dramatic, but I guess I've heard and seen worse. Good luck resolving it fairly.

Trick Shots 1

Trick Shots 2

My Blog Page: CRAZY ABOUT POOL

The cost of sanity in this society is a certain level of alienation.- McKenna

Old
  (#6)
StraightPoolIU
Brent
StraightPoolIU has a reputation beyond reputeStraightPoolIU has a reputation beyond reputeStraightPoolIU has a reputation beyond reputeStraightPoolIU has a reputation beyond reputeStraightPoolIU has a reputation beyond reputeStraightPoolIU has a reputation beyond reputeStraightPoolIU has a reputation beyond reputeStraightPoolIU has a reputation beyond reputeStraightPoolIU has a reputation beyond reputeStraightPoolIU has a reputation beyond reputeStraightPoolIU has a reputation beyond repute

vCash: 800

09-09-2013, 01:35 PM

I drink your milkshake!

"No bar, no bowling alley, no pinball machines. Just pool. Nothin else."

Playing Cue: 2003 Pechauer P15
Break Cue: Joss Thor Hammer (purpleheart with ironwood rings)
Jump Cue: OB Lift
Current Tip: G2
Shaft: OB Pro Plus

Old
  (#7)
CreeDo
Fargo Rating 597
CreeDo has a reputation beyond reputeCreeDo has a reputation beyond reputeCreeDo has a reputation beyond reputeCreeDo has a reputation beyond reputeCreeDo has a reputation beyond reputeCreeDo has a reputation beyond reputeCreeDo has a reputation beyond reputeCreeDo has a reputation beyond reputeCreeDo has a reputation beyond reputeCreeDo has a reputation beyond reputeCreeDo has a reputation beyond repute

Send a message via AIM to CreeDo  
09-09-2013, 02:07 PM

Sounds like he broke the rules, got caught, got punished.
Suspending him as an LO (rather than as a player) means a bunch of teams suddenly have nobody to
run their league, right? If so I can see why they didn't boot him... those teams don't want to be told
"Sorry, no league this year, maybe next year".

But I agree having a dishonest LO is no good either... if he's willing to cheat to win a tournament,
maybe he's willing to be sleazy in other ways like steal dues or permit cheating in his league.

Did he ever explain why he felt compelled to blatantly break the rules?
If he's on the forums you should edit your title by putting in his name, so he has a chance to
notice it and explain what he was thinking.

Old
  (#8)
Nullus
AzB Silver Member
Nullus has a reputation beyond reputeNullus has a reputation beyond reputeNullus has a reputation beyond reputeNullus has a reputation beyond reputeNullus has a reputation beyond reputeNullus has a reputation beyond reputeNullus has a reputation beyond reputeNullus has a reputation beyond reputeNullus has a reputation beyond reputeNullus has a reputation beyond reputeNullus has a reputation beyond repute

vCash: 700

09-09-2013, 02:33 PM

IF it's all true, it's just another glaring example of how and why most of the amateur leagues are businesses and when push comes to shove, the amateurs lose out to 'business' decisions. It's the same reason most of them look the other way when it comes to sandbagging, or won't alter their rules. As long as they're making money, they don't want to hear about it. Sad.

(As a side note, maybe they'd be better off without a league operator and a league if that's what they have to look forward to. Maybe they can get a different league in there and give it a try?.)

Custom Lomax Player
Schon SL14
Cuetec Devastator
Predator Blak
PoolDawg8's Milk Dud
CueShark
Porper

Old
  (#9)
Bill S
AzB Silver Member
Bill S has a reputation beyond reputeBill S has a reputation beyond reputeBill S has a reputation beyond reputeBill S has a reputation beyond reputeBill S has a reputation beyond reputeBill S has a reputation beyond reputeBill S has a reputation beyond reputeBill S has a reputation beyond reputeBill S has a reputation beyond reputeBill S has a reputation beyond reputeBill S has a reputation beyond repute

09-09-2013, 02:47 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by thebark View Post
I didn't want to have to start this thread. I wanted the governing body to act in judicious way, or at least in a way that would save them the embarrassment of abuse on a public forum, but their failure to act leads me to post here.

Here are the details. At the recent BCAPL 8Ball Championships held at the Rio many of my friends told me of a team that was playing with an unqualified player. Not an amazing story, it's been done before, but this time it was a League Operator's team (Jerry Stuckart Wednesday Inhouse at Stingers Glendale Az). Jerry was using a player that had never played once, according to all I talked to, and was therefore ineligible for team completion. The Stuckart team had even beaten another of his inhouse teams. Needless to say people were hot. I did not play team so I felt I would be the one to let BCAPL know what was going on.

I told Bill Stock the situation.Stuckart had an unqualified player on his team by the name of John. Everyone from the inhouse league said he had never played one week. There was another player named John who had subbed enough weeks to qualify but this was absolutely a different person. I therefore suggested that the league records had been forged to show that Stuckart's John had enough weeks. I told Bill that it was a serious violation especially coming from a league operator and I hoped the BCAPL would look into it. Bill told me it would take awhile to look into because they had to look into the computer records.

I patiently waited for the ruling knowing I would see Stock and Griffin at the Southwest Regional in Phoenix over Labor Day. To me this was a very serious offense for a League Operator. Through intermediaries it was expressed To the BCAPL Senior Staff how outraged the BCA players and other league operators of Metro Phoenix were. A just ruling was needed if they didn't want this brought out for public discussion. A minimum of one year suspension of league operations (even if he was still behind the scenes) seemed fair.

Then over Labor Day there was Jerry playing in the advanced/masters singles. His punishment I heard was that he couldn't personally play teams for 1 year and was on probation for anywhere from 1 to 3 years. This for a person in a position of trust and integrity just a slap on the wrist. The BCAPL really failed all their players and league operators of Arizona. Could it be that he got off so easily because he is going to take over the Southwest Regional with Dr. Pool next year? ettu brute TresKane
Just so you know, we have been discussing what the punishment will be over the last week. It has been decided and the certified letters are being prepared to mail out tomorrow morning.

Also, you don't know all of the facts and you are on here saying what the punishment is going to be and we just decided that so I don't know where you get your information from.

Shame on you Tres! I know that you and others are generally against Jerry to begin with.

Lost a little respect for you buddy!

Bill Stock

Old
  (#10)
infest
Banger
infest has a reputation beyond reputeinfest has a reputation beyond reputeinfest has a reputation beyond reputeinfest has a reputation beyond reputeinfest has a reputation beyond reputeinfest has a reputation beyond reputeinfest has a reputation beyond reputeinfest has a reputation beyond reputeinfest has a reputation beyond reputeinfest has a reputation beyond reputeinfest has a reputation beyond repute

vCash: 1700

09-09-2013, 02:58 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bill S View Post
Also, you don't know all of the facts and you are on here saying what the punishment is going to be and we just decided that so I don't know where you get your information from.
Please. Inform us.

Old
  (#11)
hang-the-9
AzB Silver Member
hang-the-9 has a reputation beyond reputehang-the-9 has a reputation beyond reputehang-the-9 has a reputation beyond reputehang-the-9 has a reputation beyond reputehang-the-9 has a reputation beyond reputehang-the-9 has a reputation beyond reputehang-the-9 has a reputation beyond reputehang-the-9 has a reputation beyond reputehang-the-9 has a reputation beyond reputehang-the-9 has a reputation beyond reputehang-the-9 has a reputation beyond repute

vCash: 1700

09-09-2013, 03:22 PM

Once word gets out that someone is shady with his dealings, the reputation loss is enough to make most official punishment light by comparison.

I know many pool players that don't play in a few tours in the area due to the people running them having reputations for pulling stunts on the players and known players being handicapped unfairly. Once you get a reputation, you start to lose things, business, friends, fingers (in some dealings hehe).

"I'll back you against anyone, as long as you did not know you were playng for money"

Charter member of the D-Bag Club, we stick to the letter of the rules not the spirit, and up yours!

Subscribed
Old
  (#12)
FASTEDDIE427
BUSTIN' BALLS SINCE '86
FASTEDDIE427 has a reputation beyond reputeFASTEDDIE427 has a reputation beyond reputeFASTEDDIE427 has a reputation beyond reputeFASTEDDIE427 has a reputation beyond reputeFASTEDDIE427 has a reputation beyond reputeFASTEDDIE427 has a reputation beyond reputeFASTEDDIE427 has a reputation beyond reputeFASTEDDIE427 has a reputation beyond reputeFASTEDDIE427 has a reputation beyond reputeFASTEDDIE427 has a reputation beyond reputeFASTEDDIE427 has a reputation beyond repute

Subscribed - 09-09-2013, 03:30 PM

Kjlshgn,xnfgblksndlgknsdlbnskndflkns,dkbgv,jfhbv

CUE - Mike Webb with EMP Low Deflection Prototype
BREAKS - LUCASI HYBRYD W/ MIKE WEBB BREAK SHAFT
CASES - JB RUGGED 2X5/3X4

POOL IS NOT A MATTER OF LIFE OR DEATH HELL NO ITS FAR MORE IMPORTANT

Old
  (#13)
Mickey Qualls
You study the watch......
Mickey Qualls has a reputation beyond reputeMickey Qualls has a reputation beyond reputeMickey Qualls has a reputation beyond reputeMickey Qualls has a reputation beyond reputeMickey Qualls has a reputation beyond reputeMickey Qualls has a reputation beyond reputeMickey Qualls has a reputation beyond reputeMickey Qualls has a reputation beyond reputeMickey Qualls has a reputation beyond reputeMickey Qualls has a reputation beyond reputeMickey Qualls has a reputation beyond repute

09-09-2013, 04:00 PM

This thread reeks of C.Carl McConnell.

Here's a half dozen of his infamous threads. Take your pick...

http://forums.azbilliards.com/search...rchid=11488088

Mickey <---

A picture is worth a thousand words...

No, we voted for free stuff. Gimme gimme gimme - Wileydog

"These claws ain't for just attractin' mates !!"

Old
  (#14)
Mickey Qualls
You study the watch......
Mickey Qualls has a reputation beyond reputeMickey Qualls has a reputation beyond reputeMickey Qualls has a reputation beyond reputeMickey Qualls has a reputation beyond reputeMickey Qualls has a reputation beyond reputeMickey Qualls has a reputation beyond reputeMickey Qualls has a reputation beyond reputeMickey Qualls has a reputation beyond reputeMickey Qualls has a reputation beyond reputeMickey Qualls has a reputation beyond reputeMickey Qualls has a reputation beyond repute

09-09-2013, 04:03 PM

A picture is worth a thousand words...

No, we voted for free stuff. Gimme gimme gimme - Wileydog

"These claws ain't for just attractin' mates !!"

Old
  (#15)
Bill S
AzB Silver Member
Bill S has a reputation beyond reputeBill S has a reputation beyond reputeBill S has a reputation beyond reputeBill S has a reputation beyond reputeBill S has a reputation beyond reputeBill S has a reputation beyond reputeBill S has a reputation beyond reputeBill S has a reputation beyond reputeBill S has a reputation beyond reputeBill S has a reputation beyond reputeBill S has a reputation beyond repute

09-09-2013, 04:40 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by infest View Post
Please. Inform us.
All league operators in Arizona will be informed via email tomorrow.

We don't feel it is proper to air our business in a public forum.

Bill Stock

Page 1 of 8 1 23 Last »

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: