One less pool room in Reno

mortuarymike-nv

mortuarymike-nv
Silver Member
Looks like buffalos billiards , the old Diamond billiards and what was once break time billiards is closing again next week.
It was 165 mile one way drive to play on a 9 ft tables and now it looks like they are closing the doors..

This crap ain't funny anymore , we are running out of pool rooms...:mad:

Str8PoolPlayer

“1966 500 SuperFast”
Silver Member
You're right about that, Mike. I really enjoyed our all day sessions
at Buffalo's and had hoped to play there when I am healed up
sometime in the near future. We will both miss that place and
the way it WAS before Jason returned to the East Coast.
I'm too old to drive really long distances to play pool, but will
meet you in Reno as soon as I am cleared by my Doctors.
We'll find a place to play for a few hours.

"Nothing lasts forever".

mortuarymike-nv

mortuarymike-nv
Silver Member
Pool

You're right about that, Mike. I really enjoyed our all day sessions
at Buffalo's and had hoped to play there when I am healed up
sometime in the near future. We will both miss that place and
the way it WAS before Jason returned to the East Coast.
I'm too old to drive really long distances to play pool, but will
meet you in Reno as soon as I am cleared by my Doctors.
We'll find a place to play for a few hours.

"Nothing lasts forever".

I would love to own the table we normally play on. I have no place to put it....:angry:

Poolplaya9

Tellin' it like it is...
Silver Member
Looks like buffalos billiards , the old Diamond billiards and what was once break time billiards is closing again next week.

It's Bald Mike's fault. White guy.

Or maybe the owner just wasn't very good with the books and couldn't "do the math" to make the place work, not sure which.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UjtbEg4HHZw

For those that haven't been around here forever to get the joke...
http://forums.azbilliards.com/showpost.php?p=4704512&postcount=1
http://www.ustream.tv/recorded/12855416 (starts at 8:20)
http://forums.azbilliards.com/showthread.php?t=76777

Last edited:

mortuarymike-nv

mortuarymike-nv
Silver Member
Lol

It's Bald Mike's fault. White guy.

Or maybe the owner just wasn't very good with the books and couldn't "do the math" to make the place work, not sure which.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UjtbEg4HHZw

For those that haven't been around here forever to get the joke...
http://forums.azbilliards.com/showpost.php?p=4704512&postcount=1
http://www.ustream.tv/recorded/12855416 (starts at 8:20)
http://forums.azbilliards.com/showthread.php?t=76777

I had to laugh at that one,

I was in ICU in the VA hospital in Reno, just went through a operation I really didn't think I would survive.

I really didn't know Jason. at that time, we had spoken a little and I played pool in his pool hall for just a few hours .
Jason knew I was going in for the surgery, he showed up at the hospital with some Chess burgers and fries.

When me and straight8poolplayer would show up at his pool room he treated both of us like we had been long time friends.

I have seen the videos and I would never thought if I had met Jason in person I wouldn't of liked him just based on the videos he made and posted on you tube.

I guess you have me over a barrel, Jason has treated me extremely nice.
I wouldn't feel right about saying anything negative about Jason.

I consider him a friend, just because of the way the man has treated me.
The video's LOL and I am still laughing because its something I wouldn't of done.

cardiac kid

Super Senior Member
Silver Member
Mike,

You can not believe how sad I am to hear the news. Sad for the employees and owners. Saddest of all, guess we'll inherit Jason again for what ever length of time he's going to stay in Western New York. Earlier this week he was on his way to Rochester to challenge us weaklings. Interestingly, he had no where to stay overnight. Wanted to "steal" our money and then accept our hospitality. Done as only Jason "Buffalo" Hunt could do it!!!

Lyn

Texas Carom Club

9ball did to billiards what hiphop did to america
Silver Member
I would love to own the table we normally play on. I have no place to put it....:angry:

I REALLY don't have room for a pool table with my billiard table in the garage, but I really REALLY want a 9ft diamond pro am,
it may just have to go square in my living room, and its pretty enough the wife may not divorce me over it,
they aren't that expensive
lifes little sacrifices

mortuarymike-nv

mortuarymike-nv
Silver Member
Jason

Mike,

You can not believe how sad I am to hear the news. Sad for the employees and owners. Saddest of all, guess we'll inherit Jason again for what ever length of time he's going to stay in Western New York. Earlier this week he was on his way to Rochester to challenge us weaklings. Interestingly, he had no where to stay overnight. Wanted to "steal" our money and then accept our hospitality. Done as only Jason "Buffalo" Hunt could do it!!!

Lyn

Shit I thought all you guys from NY were buds :p

I fully understand your point of view .

Jason treated Straight8poolplayer and me like kings while we were down there playing ...
I enjoyed playing pool at his pool room, and when he visited me at the hospital I thought that was very nice of him.
Jason has given me no reason to slam him.
It wouldn't be right on my part, I don't normally talk poorly about someone who has treated nice............

I have had allot fun playing pool there for the past 17 years.

pt109

WO double hemlock
Silver Member
I REALLY don't have room for a pool table with my billiard table in the garage, but I really REALLY want a 9ft diamond pro am,
it may just have to go square in my living room, and its pretty enough the wife may not divorce me over it,
lifes little sacrifices

You're going to have to build an extension, buddy.
.....had a 9-footer in our living room for about three years....
....it got about four hours playing time and it was an eyesore.

mortuarymike-nv

mortuarymike-nv
Silver Member
table

lifes little sacrifices

For me its impossible in less I rented a garage.
I am not grand fathered in on my property, I cannot get a building permit in less I invest about 1/4 million.

I live on a island and the county deemed it flood plain.

pt109

WO double hemlock
Silver Member

Jason treated Straight8poolplayer and me like kings while we were down there playing ...
I enjoyed playing pool at his pool room, and when he visited me at the hospital I thought that was very nice of him.
It wouldn't be right on my part, I don't normally talk poorly about someone who has treated nice............

I'm sad for Jason that the room didn't work out....I thought he had found his niche in the
game ...and he seemed to be making it work.

There's always a little desperation when you're on the scuffle.....
...but I always liked his enthusiasm.

TVmike

Professional Live Stream
Silver Member
Not going out of business.

Apparently the business is moving to a more upscale location downtown and undergoing full rebuilding of a bar and a 5 star restaurant not going out of business. Do not know how long this process will take. From Jason.

mortuarymike-nv

mortuarymike-nv
Silver Member
people

I'm sad for Jason that the room didn't work out....I thought he had found his niche in the

Yup he sure seemed to have a passion for pool,

Nostroke

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Apparently the business is moving to a more upscale location downtown and undergoing full rebuilding of a bar and a 5 star restaurant not going out of business. Do not know how long this process will take. From Jason.

5 Star restaurant is a bad idea imo. I've never seen an upscale restaurant work in a pool hall yet but i haven't been everywhere so there may be one or two somewhere.

o.g. (old guy)

mark
Silver Member

I'm skeptical on this, I've only been to the room a handful of times but it seemed as the business was struggling. I truly hope I'm wrong. I would also like to say that Jason and Steven always treated me well whenever I came in. Best of luck to the booth of them.

pt109

WO double hemlock
Silver Member
5 Star restaurant is a bad idea imo. I've never seen an upscale restaurant work in a pool hall yet but i haven't been everywhere so there may be one or two somewhere.

I agree...the pool halls I remember fondly for eating had a menu like a truck stop.
.....good hearty meals like you get at home.

Drilltrash

Registered
I thought I saw a gofund me account asking for $50,000 to help move to another location in downtown Reno.... If I remember it was a few months ago that I saw the account. Does anyone else remember this?

cardiac kid

Super Senior Member
Silver Member

Paul,

As far as I know, Jason has been legally tied to Western New York for the last few years. Understood some of his family was running the pool room. Unfortunately there is so much misinformation on Jason, just don't know what to believe.

Lyn

cardiac kid

Super Senior Member
Silver Member

Mike,

Jason is a good guy. Sure is interesting for lack of a better word. Nothing against him. Like some other members on AZ, his pension to act like a buffoon is just too much. Perhaps he is really "The Donald's" son :eek: :p !

Lyn