Reload this Page man witnessed sad action last night - 2 idiots in a pool room
Page 1 of 15 1 2311 Last »

Share Thread Tools Rate Thread
man witnessed sad action last night - 2 idiots in a pool room
Old
  (#1)
Mustardeer
AzB Silver Member
Mustardeer has a reputation beyond reputeMustardeer has a reputation beyond reputeMustardeer has a reputation beyond reputeMustardeer has a reputation beyond reputeMustardeer has a reputation beyond reputeMustardeer has a reputation beyond reputeMustardeer has a reputation beyond reputeMustardeer has a reputation beyond reputeMustardeer has a reputation beyond reputeMustardeer has a reputation beyond reputeMustardeer has a reputation beyond repute

vCash: 500

man witnessed sad action last night - 2 idiots in a pool room - 07-16-2016, 05:08 PM

So last night this room's regular, guy A, who can sort of play a little bit is playing this guy B for $50 a game. Guy B is down $650 already when I get there. This is really late at night. The room is packed. Guy B can't play. He's spinning the ball here and there but struggling with simple long shots. Guy B is trying so hard and keeps saying he's gonna win his money back, keeps trying. It was really hard to watch for some reason. Totally different speeds. Guy B definitely wasn't hustling, that was his actual speed. They were playing without a handicap - guy B had zero chance but didn't realize it. Finally I decided to step in and stop the bleeding. ( I thought guy B's ego just didn't know how to throw in the towel. I felt really bad for the guy ).

Guy A had his student there hanging out. So I dragged the student to another table and raced him to 2. I "lost" both games. Then I go back to the main table and start whining - I wanna get in! please race me to 5 for 500! I'm gonna need some weight though. To my shock guy A without negotiating just straight up offers me 3 games on the wire in a race to 5 ( he already knew his student "beat" me ). Wow. What an idiot. ( I'm nowhere near pro speed but significantly better than both guy A and guy B. Unfortunately he only wanted to race for a 100 since he didn't know me. Fine. I wasn't looking for action, I hate gambling - just wanted to stop the bleeding. Guy B lets us race on his table, I easily beat guy A. Take my 100. Guy A says next time we play without handicap. I go sure. Then the idiot guy B just can't wait to get back to the table. He wants to keep playing guy A!! What an idiot. That was his chance to say he's tired. Did you just not witness a guy on a totally different level than you? What are you doing. go home. ( I didn't say that ). I went home. They kept playing. I'm guessing guy B ended up dropping a few thousand.

Playing Cue: Schon
Shafts: Revo 12.4, Mezz wx900, Mezz HP2
Break: Mezz power break II
Jump: Meucci pogo
Case: Castillo butterfly
Chalk: Master

Last edited by Mustardeer; 07-16-2016 at 05:10 PM.

Old
  (#2)
PoolBum
Abracadabra!

PoolBum has a reputation beyond reputePoolBum has a reputation beyond reputePoolBum has a reputation beyond reputePoolBum has a reputation beyond reputePoolBum has a reputation beyond reputePoolBum has a reputation beyond reputePoolBum has a reputation beyond reputePoolBum has a reputation beyond reputePoolBum has a reputation beyond reputePoolBum has a reputation beyond reputePoolBum has a reputation beyond repute

vCash: 1190

07-16-2016, 05:11 PM

Please tell me where I can find a guy who can "sort of play a little bit" who will play me for $50 a game.

"He knew what those jubilant crowds did not know, but could have learned from books; that the plague bacillus never dies or disappears for good...and that perhaps the day would come when, for the bane and the enlightening of men, it would rouse up its rats again and send them forth to die in a happy city."

Old
  (#3)
RiverCity
~Chuck Fields~
RiverCity has a reputation beyond reputeRiverCity has a reputation beyond reputeRiverCity has a reputation beyond reputeRiverCity has a reputation beyond reputeRiverCity has a reputation beyond reputeRiverCity has a reputation beyond reputeRiverCity has a reputation beyond reputeRiverCity has a reputation beyond reputeRiverCity has a reputation beyond reputeRiverCity has a reputation beyond reputeRiverCity has a reputation beyond repute

07-16-2016, 05:12 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mustardeer View Post
So last night this room's regular, guy A, who can sort of play a little bit is playing this guy B for $50 a game. Guy B is down $650 already when I get there. This is really late at night. The room is packed. Guy B can't play. He's spinning the ball here and there but struggling with simple long shots. Guy B is trying so hard and keeps saying he's gonna win his money back, keeps trying. It was really hard to watch for some reason. Totally different speeds. Guy B definitely wasn't hustling, that was his actual speed. They were playing without a handicap - guy B had zero chance but didn't realize it. Finally I decided to step in and stop the bleeding. ( I thought guy B's ego just didn't know how to throw in the towel. I felt really bad for the guy ).

Guy A had his student there hanging out. So I dragged the student to another table and raced him to 2. I "lost" both games. Then I go back to the main table and start whining - I wanna get in! please race me to 5 for 500! I'm gonna need some weight though. To my shock guy A without negotiating just straight up offers me 3 games on the wire in a race to 5 ( he already knew his student "beat" me ). Wow. What an idiot. ( I'm nowhere near pro speed but significantly better than both guy A and guy B. Unfortunately he only wanted to race for a 100 since he didn't know me. Fine. I wasn't looking for action, I hate gambling - just wanted to stop the bleeding. Guy B lets us race on his table, I easily beat guy A. Take my 100. Guy A says next time we play without handicap. I go sure. Then the idiot guy B just can't wait to get back to the table. He wants to keep playing guy A!! What an idiot. That was his chance to say he's tired. Did you just not witness a guy on a totally different level than you? What are you doing. go home. ( I didn't say that ). I went home. They kept playing. I'm guessing guy B ended up dropping a few thousand.

The people who are doing what you won't, are doing what you can't.
Player: Joss w/ 314-3
Breaker: Action
Case: Instroke

Old
  (#4)
Tramp Steamer
One Pocket enthusiast.
Tramp Steamer has a reputation beyond reputeTramp Steamer has a reputation beyond reputeTramp Steamer has a reputation beyond reputeTramp Steamer has a reputation beyond reputeTramp Steamer has a reputation beyond reputeTramp Steamer has a reputation beyond reputeTramp Steamer has a reputation beyond reputeTramp Steamer has a reputation beyond reputeTramp Steamer has a reputation beyond reputeTramp Steamer has a reputation beyond reputeTramp Steamer has a reputation beyond repute

07-16-2016, 05:28 PM

Idiots are full of poolrooms, and vice versa.
There's one guy who comes in where me and my cronies play who we refer to as the local punching bag. Three guys take turns beating the crap out of him to the tune of several hundred dollars a session.
I asked one of them if he didn't feel a little sorry for the fellow. He looked at me like I had forgotten where we were. A pool hall.

Steamer Cue Sports Ltd. Purveyor of two fine quality cues, the Miracle, and the Wonder. Our motto says it all: "If it's a good cue, it's a Wonder." "If it's a straight cue, it's a Miracle."

I am a member in good standing in the Lock Society as: Tramp Lock.

Last edited by Tramp Steamer; 07-16-2016 at 07:15 PM.

Old
  (#5)
Bavafongoul
AzB Silver Member
Bavafongoul has a reputation beyond reputeBavafongoul has a reputation beyond reputeBavafongoul has a reputation beyond reputeBavafongoul has a reputation beyond reputeBavafongoul has a reputation beyond reputeBavafongoul has a reputation beyond reputeBavafongoul has a reputation beyond reputeBavafongoul has a reputation beyond reputeBavafongoul has a reputation beyond reputeBavafongoul has a reputation beyond reputeBavafongoul has a reputation beyond repute

vCash: 1700

07-16-2016, 05:34 PM

You cannot save a drowning man, figuratively speaking, with his pool wagers when all he wants to do is splash water around.

"My Pool Cues"

*Bob Owen Custom- Level 8 (s/d 4-24-16) - Flat Ivory Joint
*J. Rauenzahn Custom - Level 6 (s/d 5-4-16) - Flat Ivory Joint

*J. Rauenzahn Custom - Level 8 (s/d 2-23-15) - Flat Ivory Joint
*Ed Prewitt Custom '05 - Level 8 - Flat Ivory Joint
*Bob Owen Custom - Level 8 (s/d 5-4-14) - Flat Ivory Joint
*Tim Scruggs Custom (9-6-95) Level 7 - Flat Ivory Joint
*Runde Schon '85 Custom "R" Series (1 of 1)
*Palmer (Original) - '72 (All Cocobolo Wood)

Old
  (#6)
Mustardeer
AzB Silver Member
Mustardeer has a reputation beyond reputeMustardeer has a reputation beyond reputeMustardeer has a reputation beyond reputeMustardeer has a reputation beyond reputeMustardeer has a reputation beyond reputeMustardeer has a reputation beyond reputeMustardeer has a reputation beyond reputeMustardeer has a reputation beyond reputeMustardeer has a reputation beyond reputeMustardeer has a reputation beyond reputeMustardeer has a reputation beyond repute

07-16-2016, 06:12 PM

Quote:
Please tell me where I can find a guy who can "sort of play a little bit" who will play me for $50 a game.
Ha. Sorry not telling.

Old
  (#7)
bbb
AzB Gold Member
bbb has a reputation beyond reputebbb has a reputation beyond reputebbb has a reputation beyond reputebbb has a reputation beyond reputebbb has a reputation beyond reputebbb has a reputation beyond reputebbb has a reputation beyond reputebbb has a reputation beyond reputebbb has a reputation beyond reputebbb has a reputation beyond reputebbb has a reputation beyond repute

vCash: 1700

07-16-2016, 06:23 PM

mustardeer
in the old days you would be broken in pieces to get into someone elses game
if you are not involved its none of your business
just sayin..

Old
  (#8)
GoldCrown
Be Creative...play 1P
GoldCrown has a reputation beyond reputeGoldCrown has a reputation beyond reputeGoldCrown has a reputation beyond reputeGoldCrown has a reputation beyond reputeGoldCrown has a reputation beyond reputeGoldCrown has a reputation beyond reputeGoldCrown has a reputation beyond reputeGoldCrown has a reputation beyond reputeGoldCrown has a reputation beyond reputeGoldCrown has a reputation beyond reputeGoldCrown has a reputation beyond repute

07-16-2016, 06:37 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bbb View Post
mustardeer
just sayin..
These days might be worse than the old days. Fuses are shorter...

Player: Schon H4L w/ REVO
Case:JB 4/8 Hybrid
Favorite Game...Pocket a Piece
Instructional source: "One Pocket...A Game of Controlled Aggression" by Tom Wirth. This book is a players best friend.
1P Instructor: Tom Wirth
Stroke Instructor: Scott Lee
Honorary member TCC
I need more cues like a snail needs airbrakes

Old
  (#9)
maha
from way back when
maha has a reputation beyond reputemaha has a reputation beyond reputemaha has a reputation beyond reputemaha has a reputation beyond reputemaha has a reputation beyond reputemaha has a reputation beyond reputemaha has a reputation beyond reputemaha has a reputation beyond reputemaha has a reputation beyond reputemaha has a reputation beyond reputemaha has a reputation beyond repute

07-16-2016, 06:46 PM

i can see who the idiot is in that pool room.

Old
  (#10)
RiverCity
~Chuck Fields~
RiverCity has a reputation beyond reputeRiverCity has a reputation beyond reputeRiverCity has a reputation beyond reputeRiverCity has a reputation beyond reputeRiverCity has a reputation beyond reputeRiverCity has a reputation beyond reputeRiverCity has a reputation beyond reputeRiverCity has a reputation beyond reputeRiverCity has a reputation beyond reputeRiverCity has a reputation beyond reputeRiverCity has a reputation beyond repute

07-16-2016, 06:47 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by GoldCrown View Post
These days might be worse than the old days. Fuses are shorter...
I feel the need to tell this one.....

A buddy of mine one time got a wild hair and wanted to play me some one pocket. Its not my best game, but figuring I could usually give the guy the 8, I said "Sure." Then, out of nowhere, the most beautiful sounds I had ever heard...... He tells me, "You got 10-6 for a $100 a game"

After enjoying this action for a few days keeping it close, but staying well ahead, another guy sticks his nose in and takes my thunder. My buddy comes to me and says thats too big of a spot, the POOL ROOM OWNER told him so. I said no problem, can I have 9-7? "Sure" he said...... I got my smile back. You know that one that you dont show on your face, but makes you feel all warm and fuzzy inside???

And yes we were indeed friends, are to this day...... but we gambled hard with each other, Matter of fact, he won the last set of 9 ball we played for $500.

The people who are doing what you won't, are doing what you can't.
Player: Joss w/ 314-3
Breaker: Action
Case: Instroke

Old
  (#11)
pt109
WO double hemlock

pt109 has a reputation beyond reputept109 has a reputation beyond reputept109 has a reputation beyond reputept109 has a reputation beyond reputept109 has a reputation beyond reputept109 has a reputation beyond reputept109 has a reputation beyond reputept109 has a reputation beyond reputept109 has a reputation beyond reputept109 has a reputation beyond reputept109 has a reputation beyond repute

07-16-2016, 06:53 PM

Quote:
mustardeer
just sayin..
That's what I was thinking, B.

Nobody was getting mugged.

I certainly wouldn't let the OP see my hole card at a poker game.

Lionize your game.
http://www.alexpagulayan.com/

MAGIC CHALK call Marco Polo 647-287-8131

If pool players had to have knowledge of geometry and physics before talking about geometry and physics, all of the aiming threads would disappear.

Bob Jewett
SF Billiard Academy

Old
  (#12)
Mustardeer
AzB Silver Member

07-16-2016, 07:09 PM

Quote:
mustardeer
just sayin..
I agree. Won't repeat. I just felt bad for the guy, I've been there once myself years ago..

Guy A wanted me to wait but feared losing an easy 100. He knew he had guy B on the hook and he wasnt going anywhere. I played it like I was about to walk out.

Old
  (#13)
Str8PoolPlayer
“1966 500 SuperFast”

Str8PoolPlayer has a reputation beyond reputeStr8PoolPlayer has a reputation beyond reputeStr8PoolPlayer has a reputation beyond reputeStr8PoolPlayer has a reputation beyond reputeStr8PoolPlayer has a reputation beyond reputeStr8PoolPlayer has a reputation beyond reputeStr8PoolPlayer has a reputation beyond reputeStr8PoolPlayer has a reputation beyond reputeStr8PoolPlayer has a reputation beyond reputeStr8PoolPlayer has a reputation beyond reputeStr8PoolPlayer has a reputation beyond repute

07-16-2016, 07:48 PM

Quote:
mustardeer
just sayin..
I'll validate that statement. In the old days "you knew your place" in each room you visited.

Old
  (#14)
BmoreMoney
AzB Silver Member
BmoreMoney has a reputation beyond reputeBmoreMoney has a reputation beyond reputeBmoreMoney has a reputation beyond reputeBmoreMoney has a reputation beyond reputeBmoreMoney has a reputation beyond reputeBmoreMoney has a reputation beyond reputeBmoreMoney has a reputation beyond reputeBmoreMoney has a reputation beyond reputeBmoreMoney has a reputation beyond reputeBmoreMoney has a reputation beyond reputeBmoreMoney has a reputation beyond repute

07-16-2016, 08:37 PM

What never had your nose open? I know I sure have. Also bbb is spot on. In any case sounds like a decent score, glad to hear there's still some of them around.

Old
  (#15)
cubswin
Just call me Joe...
cubswin has a reputation beyond reputecubswin has a reputation beyond reputecubswin has a reputation beyond reputecubswin has a reputation beyond reputecubswin has a reputation beyond reputecubswin has a reputation beyond reputecubswin has a reputation beyond reputecubswin has a reputation beyond reputecubswin has a reputation beyond reputecubswin has a reputation beyond reputecubswin has a reputation beyond repute

07-16-2016, 08:44 PM

Why you sticking your nose in other peoples games?

""It's even, but it ain't settled. Let's settle it." Fast Eddie

Page 1 of 15 1 2311 Last »

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: