COMPLETED: GC III in my Office Waiting Room

DJSTEVEZ

Professor of Human Moves
Silver Member
Hi Gang, well my new office is finally officially operational and open for business.
The centerpiece, in addition to a new, vintage-style, cocktail table (multi) video game, is a Brunswick GC-III.
I want to thank Paul Drexler (yes, the master cue maker) for referring me to Dave Egdhal from whom to purchase the table.
His price was very reasonable and the quality of the table is outstanding (PM me if you want his contact info).
New castings, new, Brunswick OEM Super-speed rails, Simonis cloth and Pro-cut pockets and all the trimmings too.
The price of course included the install and it was done by none other than legendary mechanic, John Kuglinski (aka NY Johnny) who is the ace, 1st call mechanic who put the tables in at Amsterdam & Steinway in NYC.
The table plays true and I'm beyond pleased with it.

The pièce de résistance is the flat panel LED light I got for the table courtesy of our very own: "beneath_the_sur", aka Richard.
My partner in the space is a former interior designer and she had reservations about “the impact on the sight line” a light above the table would have.
That’s principally why I initially went with a flat panel LED light. After it was installed, I could not believe how completely awesome the light and the lighting was.
I have a diamond light above my (Diamond) table at home and this 2’x4’ flat panel LED light from Richard BLOWS the diamond light away, no contest.
It weighs 12lbs and was mounted onto a drop panel ceiling with about $20 worth of hardware from my local hardware store.
Yes, the lighting is a tad less bright on the far ends of the table than it is in the middle, BUT it is still way bright enough at the far ends.
Seriously, this LED flat panel is beyond amazing. It’s just one of those things you have to experience yourself to truly appreciate it.
Pictures just can’t do it justice. Speaking of pictures…

Last edited:

pt109

WO double hemlock
Silver Member
I'm dying to see the table....PhotoBucket went rogue...the mercenary bastards. :mad:

DJSTEVEZ

Professor of Human Moves
Silver Member
I'm dying to see the table....PhotoBucket went rogue...the mercenary bastards. :mad:

For those not seeing the pics because of photobucket, I attached the images to this post.

Attachments

• IMG_20170802_160926632.jpg
    IMG_20170802_160926632.jpg
    190 KB · Views: 1,203
  • IMG_20170802_161009611.jpg
    IMG_20170802_161009611.jpg
    192.1 KB · Views: 1,328
  • IMG_20170802_160843149.jpg
    IMG_20170802_160843149.jpg
    200.4 KB · Views: 1,209
  • IMG_20170802_160949125.jpg
    IMG_20170802_160949125.jpg
    198.7 KB · Views: 1,812
  • IMG_20170802_160852362.jpg
    IMG_20170802_160852362.jpg
    199.6 KB · Views: 1,213

jay helfert

Shoot Pool, not people
Gold Member
Silver Member
That's a nice little poolroom there. Good comfortable seating with lots of room. Even a kitchen in the adjoining room to keep refreshments handy. I wonder if there is a convenient restroom as well. Then you have all bases covered! :smile:

Texas Carom Club

9ball did to billiards what hiphop did to america
Silver Member
What compliments
Thank you so much, and I'm as happy as you are that you enjoy the light

No deal done easier, no customer more pleased

Sedog

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Love the concept of a pool table in an office. Also, love the table. See my avatar. How does your home table play compared to the GC? Never played on a Diamond.

DJSTEVEZ

Professor of Human Moves
Silver Member
Nice.. Very nice.. Do you have bullet proof glass?
Thank you for the kind words. No bullet proof glass, but I certainly can see the value. No Risk, No Reward, Right? LOL.

That's a nice little poolroom there. Good comfortable seating with lots of room. Even a kitchen in the adjoining room to keep refreshments handy. I wonder if there is a convenient restroom as well. Then you have all bases covered! :smile:

There are actually 2 convenient restrooms. I'm working on a retractable stripper pole to make the room complete :rolleyes:

Love the concept of a pool table in an office. Also, love the table. See my avatar. How does your home table play compared to the GC? Never played on a Diamond.

The jaws on the pockets of the Diamond table, while the same dimensions, are far more forgiving because they were cut with the angle for the specific tightness.
I don't believe the jaws on this GC III were custom cut. It seems to me they were "adapted" and are less flexible in their composition, thus far less forgiving.
All things being equal, given the choice, a Diamond PT would be my preference over a Brunswick GC-III, but not by a lot. The GC-III is an awesome table.
It's been my observation that it's less about which is a better table and completely about the mechanic that installs it.

Last edited:

Dan_B

AzB Gold Member
Gold Member
Silver Member
I hope that thin light held up by strings doesn't represent your prognosis work.
...hey, you want a honest opinion, right!

Outside of that, a good work ethic and environment, carry on :thumbup:

mchnhed

I Came, I Shot, I Choked
Silver Member
I hope that thin light held up by strings doesn't represent your prognosis work.
...hey, you want a honest opinion, right!
Outside of that, a good work ethic and environment, carry on :thumbup:
im sure its steel and not fishing line
...........:wink:
DJ - Really nice setup for your clients.
Makes me want to come in for treatment.

Doesn't that Light Panel come with Any Side Trim from the factory?
A lot of light spillage into a shooters eyes.

Last edited:

Texas Carom Club

9ball did to billiards what hiphop did to america
Silver Member

again what the hell do you know about it, have you shot pool under my light i doubt it

ITS DIFFUSED
it does not blind you eyes

this guy loves it so much he texted me at 2 am to say how much he likes it the more he plays under it

GTFOH

mchnhed

I Came, I Shot, I Choked
Silver Member
DJ - Really nice setup for your clients.
Makes me want to come in for treatment.

again what the hell do you know about it, have you shot pool under my light i doubt it
ITS DIFFUSED Not from the sides.
it does not blind you eyes
this guy loves it so much he texted me at 2 am to say how much he likes it the more he plays under it!
GTFOH
You have me mixed up as someone else.
I am 'mchnhed' and no one else.

Last edited:

bbb

AzB Gold Member
Gold Member
Silver Member
do you mind if i ask what is your line of work ie what do you do ??