CTE Video Of The Day #9 & #10

Low500

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
GREAT STUFF.....SpiderMan

This is great stuff Spiderman.
Those who think that instructor Stan Shuffett is some kind of eccentric nutcase should realize that mainline hitters like Truman Hogue, Brian Parks, and others do NOT find their way to a small town in Kentucky to discuss and practice pool shooting discoveries with some kind of "eccentric nutcase".
Those mainline hitters KNOW the real deal.
The "Dan White Posse" of critics wouldn't even be allowed in as rack boys.
Great postings you're doing here, man. Keep on punchin'.:thumbup2:
Regards,
P.L.

SpiderWebComm

HelpImBeingOppressed
Silver Member
Great stuff!

No kidding! As far as I'm concerned these two videos regarding the grip and stroke are some of the most powerful and enlightening lessons a player should watch multiple times and then get on the table to ingrain into their game. These are pure GOLD!

The stronger grip with tighter fingers instead of loose and waving the cue around as well as a bowed outward or convex wrist solves a ton of stroke issues and flying elbows regardless of what aiming process or linking of the balls is used.

CTE with it is where it's at! But that choice is up to every one as long as they're happy doing what they're doing. I and many others had a quest for more knowledge, improvement, and consistency which has all come to fruition.

SpiderWebComm

HelpImBeingOppressed
Silver Member
This is great stuff Spiderman.
Those who think that instructor Stan Shuffett is some kind of eccentric nutcase should realize that mainline hitters like Truman Hogue, Brian Parks, and others do NOT find their way to a small town in Kentucky to discuss and practice pool shooting discoveries with some kind of "eccentric nutcase".
Those mainline hitters KNOW the real deal.
The "Dan White Posse" of critics wouldn't even be allowed in as rack boys.
Great postings you're doing here, man. Keep on punchin'.:thumbup2:
Regards,
P.L.

In the video Stan mentioned Brian Parks. Brian Parks has won more US Amateur titles by far in the history of the US Amateur Championship in pool than the top 3 combined. Actually more than 3. He DOES use CTE and teaches it!

It never takes long for the usual naysayer/hater to come up with the typical slam on CTE by saying, "But, but, but...he was winning the US Amateur before he even knew about CTE." That's correct, but so what? Brian went from where he was to wanting to get better as well as stay on top from the diminishing factor of aging. Now they'll say, "But, but, but...he owns a pool room".

Here's what he did a few years back while USING CTE as his method of playing in a tournament loaded with top name PRO players.

https://professorqball.com/2017/02/parks-goes-undefeated-to-win-21st-jay-swanson-memorial-9-ball/

I should start a pool on who the first yo-yo is going to be slamming him and CTE as is done on a daily basis.

It will be someone to boost their notoriety, standing, and recognition within the ranks of ANTIS. Who will win the "JERK OF THE DAY AWARD"?

(sorry if it seems so harsh to say but it's a fact and reality as proven daily when it comes to the system, Stan, or users)

Last edited:

BC21

https://www.playpoolbetter.com
Gold Member
Silver Member
In the video Stan mentioned Brian Parks. Brian Parks has won more US Amateur titles by far in the history of the US Amateur Championship in pool than the top 3 combined. Actually more than 3. He DOES use CTE and teaches it!

It never takes long for the usual naysayer/hater to come up with the typical slam on CTE by saying, "But, but, but...he was winning the US Amateur before he even knew about CTE." That's correct, but so what? Brian went from where he was to wanting to get better as well as stay on top from the diminishing factor of aging. Now they'll say, "But, but, but...he owns a pool room".

Here's what he did a few years back while USING CTE as his method of playing in a tournament loaded with top name PRO players.

https://professorqball.com/2017/02/parks-goes-undefeated-to-win-21st-jay-swanson-memorial-9-ball/

I should start a pool on who the first yo-yo is going to be slamming him and CTE as is done on a daily basis.

It will be someone to boost their notoriety, standing, and recognition within the ranks of ANTIS. Who will win the "JERK OF THE DAY AWARD"?

(sorry if it seems so harsh to say but it's a fact and reality as proven daily when it comes to the system, Stan, or users)

Troll much? :lmao:

BC21

Gold Member
Silver Member
Nope! A preemptive strike FOR the TROLLS who come here daily. Did you have any plans to win the title?

No sir. The daily lessons are top notch today. And Brian Parks is a great player. You've already said everything that can be said concerning him and CTE.

I will say that Stan's "finesse" speed looks more like medium soft to me. When I think of finesse I think very very soft. And so I wonder if there are standard teaching definitions for describing or demonstrating different speeds/power to use. I mean, does the PBIA require certain definitions to be used by all certified instructors, or do instructors more or less teach their own idea or interpretation of speed/power?

SpiderWebComm

HelpImBeingOppressed
Silver Member
No sir. The daily lessons are top notch today.

IMO, they are every day.

And Brian Parks is a great player. You've already said everything that can be said concerning him and CTE.

Some have shorter memories than others and there are those who don't know anything about Brian Parks if they hadn't read about him before.

I will say that Stan's "finesse" speed looks more like medium soft to me. When I think of finesse I think very very soft. And so I wonder if there are standard teaching definitions for describing or demonstrating different speeds/power to use. I mean, does the PBIA require certain definitions to be used by all certified instructors, or do instructors more or less teach their own idea or interpretation of speed/power?

I don't know what the PBIA requires since I'm not a member. But here is what Stan told me when I went to Kentucky and spent a good number of days with him:

"Finesse speeds can be applied at various speeds ranging from the CB traveling an inch or so up to about 14 diamonds worth of roll.

Most definitions of finesse speed include all very soft speeds up to and including a lag shot."

What have you been taught and by whom?

Last edited:

BC21

Gold Member
Silver Member
I don't know what the PBIA requires since I'm not a member. But here is what Stan told me when I went to Kentucky and spent a good number of days with him:

"Finesse speeds can be applied at various speeds ranging from the CB traveling an inch or so up to about 14 diamonds worth of roll.

Most definitions of finesse speed include all very soft speeds up to and including a lag shot."

Ok. So he's defining "finesse" as something more based on the stroke/grip he's using rather than any particular speed. Good info. Regardless of the exact speed/power, he's showing how any shot that's hit between extremely soft and medium/medium soft is hit with a "fitnesse" stroke/grip.

SpiderWebComm

HelpImBeingOppressed
Silver Member
Ok. So he's defining "finesse" as something more based on the stroke/grip he's using rather than any particular speed. Good info. Regardless of the exact speed/power, he's showing how any shot that's hit between extremely soft and medium/medium soft is hit with a "fitnesse" stroke/grip.

Some how this is getting twisted and convoluted either for you or for me or both. He clarified it for me.

"A finesse speed is a finesse speed is a finesse speed period. Any finesse speed can be executed with a light grip all the way to a very firm grip."

He showed a couple of different grips. One used for normal playing and shooting and the finesse grip/stroke.

"Most definitions" of finesse speed include all very soft speeds up to and including a lag shot.

HE FEELS "Finesse speeds can be applied at various speeds ranging from the CB traveling an inch or so up to about 14 diamonds worth of roll."

With the long distance, for the sake of accuracy hitting the CB where needed, it would more than likely be a his standard grip but doesn't preclude it from being used on a super soft shot.

Best to get on the table yourself and work with both to see what you get from each.

Last edited:

BC21

Gold Member
Silver Member
Some how this is getting twisted and convoluted either for you or for me or both. He clarified it for me.

"A finesse speed is a finesse speed is a finesse speed period. Any finesse speed can be executed with a light grip all the way to a very firm grip."

He showed a couple of different grips. One used for normal playing and shooting and the finesse grip/stroke.

"Most definitions" of finesse speed include all very soft speeds up to and including a lag shot.

HE FEELS "Finesse speeds can be applied at various speeds ranging from the CB traveling an inch or so up to about 14 diamonds worth of roll."

With the long distance, for the sake of accuracy hitting the CB where needed, it would more than likely be a his standard grip but doesn't preclude it from being used on a super soft shot.

Best to get on the table yourself and work with both to see what you get from each.

I already use both, just never paid attention to when I switch from a tighter grip to a looser grip. So I got to thinking that this grip video more or less explains it by classifying a finesse shot as one that uses a particular grip and stroke, not necessarily a particular speed. That's all, no convolution or lost translation occurring.

Dan White

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member

Is it really necessary to poke those of us who believe in science in the eye every time you post a video?

I know you think you are being oppressed as you put below your avatar, but it seems more like you want to be attacked when clearly you aren't. Same goes for your unusual friend Joe.

Just give it a rest already.

SpiderWebComm

HelpImBeingOppressed
Silver Member
Is it really necessary to poke those of us who believe in science in the eye every time you post a video?

I know you think you are being oppressed as you put below your avatar, but it seems more like you want to be attacked when clearly you aren't. Same goes for your unusual friend Joe.

Just give it a rest already.

I knew you would be the one whining and crying like a little baby. You usually are every single day because you're the one with the biggest obsession.

Nothing good to say about the videos, Mr. Science? Wah...wah...wah...wah…

Don't come into the aiming forum. Get a life outside of it instead.

Wah…Wah...Wah...

AtLarge

AzB Gold Member
Gold Member
Silver Member
In the video Stan mentioned Brian Parks. Brian Parks has won more US Amateur titles by far in the history of the US Amateur Championship in pool than the top 3 combined. Actually more than 3. ...

No. The US Amateur Championship (men's side) has had 19 winners in its 26 events.

1 win -- 16 players
2 wins -- Rich Ross (1995, 1996)
3 wins -- Henry Brodt (1998, 1999, 2015)
5 wins -- Brian Parks (2009, 2012, 2013, 2016, 2017)

Last edited:

SpiderWebComm

HelpImBeingOppressed
Silver Member
No. The US Amateur Championship (men's side) has had 19 winners in its 26 events.

1 win -- 16 players
2 wins -- Rich Ross (1995, 1996)
3 wins -- Henry Brodt (1998, 1999, 2015)
5 wins -- Brian Parks (2009, 2012, 2013, 2016, 2017)

Yeah, I guess I was a little off. Good thing I didn't claim he had double the wins of any other player, that would also have been incorrect.

Since only 5 titles is chump playing, I guess he'll need to add another one to double the next highest player.

I gotta say though, you put out some incredible stats on everything and every player.
I love it! Very interesting info.