14.1 accu stats?

poolplayer2093

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Hi everyone i'm looking to get some good 14.1 accu stats. i was hoping to get some recomendations and such. much appreciated

Blackjack

Illuminati Blacksmack
Silver Member
poolplayer2093 said:
Hi everyone i'm looking to get some good 14.1 accu stats. i was hoping to get some recomendations and such. much appreciated

I recommend anything that has Jim Rempe's name on it - also -

Mike Sigel Vs Mike Zuglan - 150 and out

Same tournament - Mike Zuglan Vs Cisero Murphy - Zuglan runs 109 - its a player review by Zuglan along with commentary from the late great Weenie Beenie Bill Staton - great stuff - and a tape that I treasure.

Get your hands on some of John Schmidt's stuff. He has a 245 ball run, available from www.Platinumbilliards.com - and there are also some of his DCC high run attempts - one is a player review with Pat Fleming where John runs 112 on an extremely tight Diamond table - a great run with lots of stuff to learn.

I also highly recommend Crane Vs Balsis, possibly the greatest 14.1 tape around.

Last edited:

CreeDo

Fargo Rating 597
Silver Member
If you want any instructional stuff, I think grady's mathew's old "break shots and key balls" had very valuable info.

If you can get a hold of the dragon promotions dvds of last year's straight pool championships, the last match between engert and thorsten hohmann is great, the winner gets to 200 in 3 innings. The same dvd has an ok match with danny harriman vs johnny archer. It hurts a little to watch cuz archer gets some pretty unlucky rolls after the break, and danny missed a break ball but it flew to the opposite rail and then banked into the intended pocket. I could tell he felt pretty bad about having to take it tho.

In the same tournament there's some pretty impressive shooting from engert against robles, who made only 1 mistake but it kept him in the chair for the entire match.

The 2000 US Open with sigel vs varner is pretty good. He pretty much gets out in 2 innings with a few safeties traded in between. There's some interesting post-game interviewing too where sigel mentions that despite how irritated he was about an earlier loss to john schmidt (he broke his cue), he could tell schmidt was already a phenomenal 9 ball player and would one day run a zillion balls in straight pool too. The match with schmidt is maybe worth watching because js fired at almost everything and missed almost nothing.

poolplayer2093

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
hay fellas thanks for the recomendations, keep 'em commin if there are more. i'm searching the accu stats site on another page.

i have the john schmit dvd where he comments on his 112 ball run. man was i the onlyone amazed by that shot where he shot into the stack using i think it was the 10 for a guide. that thing went in at like a million miles an hour. i really liked that dvd.

CreeDo

Fargo Rating 597
Silver Member
haha yeah I know just the shot you mean, ball 60 or 61 or something, he had to cut a ball into that 10 so it would carom into a mostly ball near the corner.
I liked the DVD too, it wasn't a textbook out (mostly cuz of that shot and the fact that he had to do a touch of masse on the 100th) but it was entertaining, and it only took the guy 2 tries. His 245 ball run has more useful info in it I think, and he didn't have to make too many trick shots, just a few of those really difficult shots where you gotta bridge over the stack to cut weird balls into the side.

Definitely watch that one if you liked the 100 ball run. John's got a good voice for commentating.

A lot of players have done the how-to-run 100 balls thing, and I think Jim Rempe's was definitely the most educational. Mike Sigel's was ok. Dallas West's was ok. Rempe takes the time to explain things a little more clearly though.

bud green

Dolley and Django
Silver Member
Go to the accu-stat site and look under the internet sale section. If you don't mind vhs, they have a bunch of matches for around 10-14 bucks that are worth watching.

3andstop

Focus
Silver Member
Hi, I have 6 accu-stat VHS tapes of straight pool that I have viewed already and I'm going to be posting them on ebay ( if I ever get the ambition) If you are interested in them I'll sell them for 65 bucks shipping included, if you are in the usa.

That will give me a few bucks to buy more from accu-stats :)

PM me and I'll give you my phone # if you are interested in saving a few bucks.

they are

Mizerak vs Butera
Zuglan vs Ray Martin
Zuglan vs Mike Segel
Zuglan vs Cicero Murphy
Zuglan vs Grady Mathews
Grady Mathews vs Pat Flemming < one of my favorites BTW- Player review Tapes

ShaneT58

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I order Crane vs Balsis on Blackjack's recommendation. It was a great match and I learned a few things the first time I watched it.

I also noticed that Crane's ferrule seemed really short (maybe 1/2" to 3/4"). Anybody else notice this? I thought the short ferrule thing was a recent change. Maybe it just looked short on the video.

Realizm

I love cocobolo cues.
Silver Member
3andstop said:
Hi, I have 6 accu-stat VHS tapes of straight pool that I have viewed already and I'm going to be posting them on ebay ( if I ever get the ambition) If you are interested in them I'll sell them for 65 bucks shipping included, if you are in the usa.

That will give me a few bucks to buy more from accu-stats :)

PM me and I'll give you my phone # if you are interested in saving a few bucks.

they are

Mizerak vs Butera
Zuglan vs Ray Martin
Zuglan vs Mike Segel
Zuglan vs Cicero Murphy
Zuglan vs Grady Mathews
Grady Mathews vs Pat Flemming < one of my favorites BTW- Player review Tapes

GradyM v Dallas W
jhonny A vDiack lane
mike z Cicero M
Pat f v Buddy h.
all good matches