BMPAP's 1st Major Tournament

bandido

Player Power!
Silver Member
Our newly formed professional pool organization in the Philippines, BMPAP, is currently holding our 1st major tournament, The San Miguel Beer 1st Quezon City 9-Ball Championship. We have now completed the first day of our Main Tournament after holding 3 qualifiers, for 16 slots, that was participated in by more than 200+ players from all walks of life.

Here're some photos of the TV table/arena for first event, The San Miguel Beer 1st Quezon City Championship, that was held at the Activity Center of the brand spankin' new TriNoma mall.
Full-ViewWB.jpg

Other-end-frm-2nd-flrWB.jpg

RightSide-2nd-floorWB.jpg

Last edited:

jay helfert

Shoot Pool, not people
Gold Member
Silver Member
bandido said:
Our newly formed professional pool organization in the Philippines, BMPAP, is currently holding our 1st major tournament, The San Miguel Beer 1st Quezon City 9-Ball Championship. We have now completed the first day of our Main Tournament after holding 3 qualifiers, for 16 slots, that was participated in by more than 200+ players from all walks of life.

Here're some photos of the TV table/arena for first event, The San Miguel Beer 1st Quezon City Championship, that was held at the Activity Center of the brand spankin' new TriNoma mall.
Full-ViewWB.jpg

Other-end-frm-2nd-flrWB.jpg

RightSide-2nd-floorWB.jpg

Nice crowd! They do love pool in the PI. Who is that playing and who won the tournament? What was the purse? If it's still going on, please keep us updated. Thanks

Yes, I know. I ask a lot of questions. :)

Roy Steffensen

locksmith
Silver Member
Wow, Efren Reyes lost to Carlo Biado!

I never thought Carlo Biado was as good as Jharome Pena and the rest of the Bugsy guys, but I may have been wrong. Both Jharome and Carlo made it through the qualifiers.

bandido

Player Power!
Silver Member
jay helfert said:
Nice crowd! They do love pool in the PI. Who is that playing and who won the tournament? What was the purse? If it's still going on, please keep us updated. Thanks

Yes, I know. I ask a lot of questions. :)
That's Efren playing against William Chua, a 16 year old qualifier from the Cebu Qualifiers.

Total purse is US$35,000 with $10k going to the champion. Leading to the 32-man Main Tournament were 3 Qualifiers that had participants numbering above 250 vying for 16 slots in the Main Tournament. The entry fee was US$6.71 or 300 Pesos. Tomorrow is the last day of the tournament and it'll be a party!

Efren, unfortunately is out, knocked to the loser side by Biado and taken out by Gomez. Poor Efren was just too tired after 3 tight matches after just recovering from severe back pain. He thought he was already in shape as he was matching-up, 2 nights before the tournament, with all takers one-after-the-other at One-Side and winning every single one.

For the Event story: http://www.worldpoolchampionship.com...?TOPIC_ID=3788

It's going to be the Makati City Championship next, then Cebu, Dumaguete and Davao with qualifiers from more regions of the country. We, the founders, officers and directors of the BMPAP, are also going to meet on Monday for a post-event assessment and a preseentation for 3 bigger events! I hope you guys can come and join in the fun, Jay. Make plans to put together a US team for a season of the PPBL.

bandido

Player Power!
Silver Member
Roy Steffensen said:
How cool!!!

Keep up the good work!

(Did Jeffrey De Luna try to qualify?)

No, he and Gabica don't even have the guts to show their faces in the usual poolhalls like One-Side, Pool Fusion and Side-Pocket. Nobody wants to match-up with them and their usual stake-horses just don't want any part of that. I guess their new handlers aren't gambler-managers! LOL! Poolplayers aligned with non-gambler-managers?:eek: Does that make sense? :confused:

Last edited:

BlowFish

Pinoy D-Player
Silver Member
I've been watching this over Dreams Sat when time permits. Great tourney. Is Kam watching as well? Please say hi to him. When is the Makati Open? I'm planning a trip in April.

bandido

Player Power!
Silver Member
BlowFish said:
I've been watching this over Dreams Sat when time permits. Great tourney. Is Kam watching as well? Please say hi to him. When is the Makati Open? I'm planning a trip in April.

Your friend and company were the only non-staff non-player allowed inside the restricted main tournament area at the Skybowl. He and Meera even has front row center VIP reserved seating at the TV table arena in TriNoma;) but they had to go. You should be able to hear stories directly from him now as they flew out last night.

April will be such a double-purpose trip for you!:)

Last edited:

jsp

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Roy Steffensen said:
Wow, Efren Reyes lost to Carlo Biado!

I never thought Carlo Biado was as good as Jharome Pena and the rest of the Bugsy guys, but I may have been wrong. Both Jharome and Carlo made it through the qualifiers.
According to the thread that Bandido linked, Jharome Pena lost to seeded Rubilen Amit (woman).

Roy Steffensen

locksmith
Silver Member
bandido said:
No, he and Gabica don't even have the guts to show their faces in the usual poolhalls like One-Side, Pool Fusion and Side-Pocket. Nobody wants to match-up with them and their usual stake-horses just don't want any part of that. I guess their new handlers aren't gambler-managers! LOL! Poolplayers aligned with non-gambler-managers?:eek: Does that make sense? :confused:

Sad to hear that Jeffrey's got into this so bad. I really wish him all the best. I can't understand why he left Perry and Verna, but that's a decision he's going to have to live with.

Anyway, happy to see that everything is going well for BMPAP. Please say hi to Perry and Verna next time you meet them!

AnitoKid

And I kid you not!
Silver Member
Congratulations to the all the players, managers, organizers, sponsors - everyone!

All the best!

BlowFish

Pinoy D-Player
Silver Member
bandido said:
Your friend and company were the only non-staff non-player allowed inside the restricted main tournament area at the Skybowl. He and Meera even has front row center VIP reserved seating at the TV table arena in TriNoma;) but they had to go. You should be able to hear stories directly from him now as they flew out last night.

April will be such a double-purpose trip for you!:)

Thanx for that Edwin. Hope to see you in April. I know you're a very busy man. Good health and God bless.

bandido

Player Power!
Silver Member
Dennis Orcullo beat Roberto Gomez for the crown with Francisco Bustamante and Ramil Gallego finishing for the 3rd and 4th spot.

The Quezon City Mayor, Sonny Belmonte was so impressed with the whole event that he wanted another one in October to be a part of the festivities for the Quezon City Day celebration. Discussion and planning has been started for the Super-9-Ball of Quezon City. More fun for everyone!:)

>>notice the initials in Bold letters.

klockdoc

ughhhhhhhhhh
Silver Member
Tv?

What this covered by ESPN or one of the other broadcasters?

Will it be available for viewing on regular TV?

Is this something that may be available for viewing on SOP Cast?