💡The BEST pool advice I've ever received was...

ShootingArts

Smorg is giving St Peter the 7!
Gold Member
Silver Member
Are you calling me Shirley? I wish you'd stop calling me surely, and I picked a hell of a day to quit drinking :)

I am interested to know the story.

I am pretty sure that any of the stories about Shirley would be bannable offenses. Speaking of Shirley, I won't claim it is the best piece of pool advice but one high up on the list is not to be on top when engaging in extracurricular activities on a pool table. Especially with that old cheap cloth of the eighties it can leave your knees bloody!

Sorry you quit drinking. I used to quit every night. On out of town construction jobs we often drank pretty late most nights while working seven twelves. A person or three would always be bemoaning their condition the next morning and claiming they were never going to drink like that again. I would join in, "me neither, not until tonight anyway!" Working twelve hours in over one hundred degree heat a man could build up quite a thirst. My cajun partner and I were working a job in south texas. First day on the job we did the commonsense thing and stopped at the first watering hole for a few beers to tide us over until we cleaned up and went shopping and drinking again. We had rented an apartment but no time to stock up with bread and beer, and lunch meat and beer, and condiments and beer, and chips and beer and,... well I think everyone gets the idea! The first ice cold beer was great, so was the second. I remembered we had things to do after a few swallows of the third beer so I found my partner and headed for the door. As I opened the door beer in hand somebody grabbed me violently and jerked me back inside. I didn't know anyone but my partner so I figured time to give out a bounce test. As I turned with serious intent I saw it was the bartender with both hands up! Seems there is a no open container law outside where I was at and the cops loved to watch this place knowing over a thousand hot dry men went by it every evening. Not only would I be arrested but also the bartender for selling it to me! About six weeks on that job and it was time to head for higher ground.

Hu

boogieman

It don't mean a thing if it ain't got that ping.
I am pretty sure that any of the stories about Shirley would be bannable offenses. Speaking of Shirley, I won't claim it is the best piece of pool advice but one high up on the list is not to be on top when engaging in extracurricular activities on a pool table. Especially with that old cheap cloth of the eighties it can leave your knees bloody!
😂