💡The BEST pool advice I've ever received was...

Bigkat

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
WATCH GOOD PLAYERS PLAY!! ☝🏾I REPEAT WATCH GOOD PLAYERS PLAY. ☝🏾I'M NOT THE BEST PLAYER IN THE WORLD NOR AM I THE BEST PLAYER ON THIS FORM HOWEVER I PLAY PRETTY GOOD, ONE POCKET IS MY FAVORITE GAME🙌🏾💰💰 BUT WATCH GOOD PLAYERS PLAY AND TRY TO UNDERSTAND WHY HE DID THIS OR THAT, ASK QUESTIONS. THAT'S MY 2 CENTS!! 😎😎

gypsy_soul

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
WATCH GOOD PLAYERS PLAY!! ☝🏾I REPEAT WATCH GOOD PLAYERS PLAY. ☝🏾I'M NOT THE BEST PLAYER IN THE WORLD NOR AM I THE BEST PLAYER ON THIS FORM HOWEVER I PLAY PRETTY GOOD, ONE POCKET IS MY FAVORITE GAME🙌🏾💰💰 BUT WATCH GOOD PLAYERS PLAY AND TRY TO UNDERSTAND WHY HE DID THIS OR THAT, ASK QUESTIONS. THAT'S MY 2 CENTS!! 😎😎
Well for me in the 80s , me being 17 years old and playing the old cats for 5$ per game one pocket was a lot because I usually / always lost my entire paycheck. Took me 5-6 months and I was giving them 12-5 / 12-4 and won all my money back plus tons more over the years…. Just gotta go all in and do some gambling. After you lose some paychecks , it just somehow comes to you , as in what shots to shoot and what shots not yo shoot!!!!! Lol ………To this day I still shoot the wrong shots and get punished , hard headed lol 😂

Bigkat

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Well for me in the 80s , me being 17 years old and playing the old cats for 5$ per game one pocket was a lot because I usually / always lost my entire paycheck. Took me 5-6 months and I was giving them 12-5 / 12-4 and won all my money back plus tons more over the years…. Just gotta go all in and do some gambling. After you lose some paychecks , it just somehow comes to you , as in what shots to shoot and what shots not yo shoot!!!!! Lol ………To this day I still shoot the wrong shots and get punished , hard
😂😂 OLD HABITS DIE HARD💡💡🤣🤣

pt109

WO double hemlock
Silver Member
Well for me in the 80s , me being 17 years old and playing the old cats for 5$ per game one pocket was a lot because I usually / always lost my entire paycheck. Took me 5-6 months and I was giving them 12-5 / 12-4 and won all my money back plus tons more over the years…. Just gotta go all in and do some gambling. After you lose some paychecks , it just somehow comes to you , as in what shots to shoot and what shots not yo shoot!!!!! Lol ………To this day I still shoot the wrong shots and get punished , hard headed lol 😂
I knew there was something I liked about you.
I was 17 my first time in a pool hall....with a guy I gambled with at the golf course...
....he couldn’t beat me at nothing...I even putted one hand to his two on the practise green....
....he beat me for over a week’s pay at poker pool on a 6x12....:(

book collector

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Play golf instead! I did not listen.

Z-Nole

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Howard Barrett told me to keep my head down and he would hit me with the rake on the back of my head when I lifted it. Maybe not the best advice but I never forgot it.

fjk

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Jim Rempe was watching my match in a tournament once (back in 80s). I laughed when I missed a relatively easy shot. Jim was appalled. He walked briskly over to me with a huge scowl on his face and told me to never laugh when I miss. He said missing needs to piss me off (or something close to that...can't recall exactly). I explained it was a sarcastic laugh and he said it didn't matter, don't ever laugh when I miss.

He didn't even know my name, but I appreciated his advice and still follow it today.

lfigueroa

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Growing up playing pool in San Francisco, legendary bar box player Ronnie Barber took me aside one day when I was a teenager and told me, "Look, here's some advice: you ever get into it in a pool room or bar, you throw it all in. Balls, cue, rack, whatever, and get out of there as fast as you can."

Fortunately, I never had occasion to use that advice but he offered it in such a heartfelt, helping manner that it has stuck with me to this day.

Lou Figueroa

tomatoshooter

Jim Rempe was watching my match in a tournament once (back in 80s). I laughed when I missed a relatively easy shot. Jim was appalled. He walked briskly over to me with a huge scowl on his face and told me to never laugh when I miss. He said missing needs to piss me off (or something close to that...can't recall exactly). I explained it was a sarcastic laugh and he said it didn't matter, don't ever laugh when I miss.

He didn't even know my name, but I appreciated his advice and still follow it today.
I get plenty angry when I miss, it doesn't seem to help my game.