10 Reasons Why the HALF-BALL HIT is so Important

dr_dave

Instructional Author
Gold Member
Silver Member
FYI, I just posted a new video that discusses and demonstrates 10 reasons why the ½-ball hit or center-to-edge (CTE) aim is so important in pool. Check it out:

Contents:
0:00 - Intro
1:46 - 1 – Easy to Aim
2:33 - 2 – Good Angle
4:57 - 3 – Equal Separation
5:56 - 4 – Natural Angle
6:47 - 5 - 30° Rule
8:01 - 6 – Peace Sign
9:25 - 7 – Reliable Carom
11:02 - 8 – Draw 90° Rule
12:05 - 9 – Safe Propositions
14:49 - 10 – Bank Double Kiss
16:14 - Wrap Up

As always, I look forward to your feedback, comments, questions, complaints, and requests.

Enjoy!

mr3cushion

Regestered User
Gold Member
Silver Member
I devised this for 1/2 Ball hits with English in 1983.

Half Ball Aiming System-02.jpg

dr_dave

Instructional Author
Gold Member
Silver Member
One comment: If you're going to start fishing out people for proposition bets, it's best to not to have a poster of yourself offering a Billiard Boot Camp in the background.

I'm not looking for "fish." I was just showing others how to fish. :geek:

dr_dave

Instructional Author
Gold Member
Silver Member
FYI, I just posted a new video that discusses and demonstrates 10 reasons why the ½-ball hit or center-to-edge (CTE) aim is so important in pool. Check it out:

Contents:
0:00 - Intro
1:46 - 1 – Easy to Aim
2:33 - 2 – Good Angle
4:57 - 3 – Equal Separation
5:56 - 4 – Natural Angle
6:47 - 5 - 30° Rule
8:01 - 6 – Peace Sign
9:25 - 7 – Reliable Carom
11:02 - 8 – Draw 90° Rule
12:05 - 9 – Safe Propositions
14:49 - 10 – Bank Double Kiss
16:14 - Wrap Up

As always, I look forward to your feedback, comments, questions, complaints, and requests.

Enjoy!

Did anybody notice my "brain fart" at the 6:29 point in the video? I just added a "CORRECTION" to the YouTube video description and pinned comment.

Poolmanis

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
This is very good video!
I actually am still improving because topic of video.
I had 7 years off from pool because of my rheumatism on my back.

When i came back I studied.
I found many resources from Dr. Dave site about half ball and friction. Then I started creating drills to learn half ball stuff and aiming it(with english also). So now he is putting a lot of that info in short video out and I know many out there will get into new level because this video(if they practice half ball stuff :D)
Also lately ive been playing a lot of 3-cushion and half ball thinking is crucial on that game.

dr_dave

Instructional Author
Gold Member
Silver Member
This is very good video!
I actually am still improving because topic of video.
I had 7 years off from pool because of my rheumatism on my back.

When i came back I studied.
I found many resources from Dr. Dave site about half ball and friction. Then I started creating drills to learn half ball stuff and aiming it(with english also). So now he is putting a lot of that info in short video out and I know many out there will get into new level because this video(if they practice half ball stuff :D)
Also lately ive been playing a lot of 3-cushion and half ball thinking is crucial on that game.

Thank you for the supportive comments. I'm glad you liked the video. I worked hard on this one and pulled together info from many years of playing, teaching, and research (books, articles, other videos, forum posts, etc.).

dr_dave

Instructional Author
Gold Member
Silver Member
Yes. We are pool players after all.

I'm a pool player too, and a pool instructor, but I still made the error. My original plan was to play a safety with the carom break-out, but sometimes I "go rogue" during filming and don't notice during editing.

pwd72s

recreational banger
Silver Member
I liked the hour on a watch being 30 degrees. This eliminates showing your opponent the peace sign trick, although you've made it pretty common knowlege.

pt109

WO double hemlock
Silver Member
I got hep to the half ball early…..because I mostly played snooker.
The black ball spot at snooker was the red ball spot at English Biliards.
It‘s 12.75 inches from the bottom rail ( the Brits call it the top rail)
……from the jaws of either black ball or side pocket, it’s a perfect half ball in-off.