100+ Ball Run after the Opening Break

LTL

Registered
Does anyone know of any recorded matches where someone has run 100 balls or more after an opponent's opening break? (YouTube, AccuStats)

I seem to recall Siegel doing so against Rempe years ago but I could be wrong. I'm thinking that is a rare occurrence...

wigglybridge

14.1 straight pool!
Silver Member
well, Mike Sigel's 150 and out against Mike Zuglan (accustats) for starters. i'm sure there are many more.

14-1StraightMan

High Run 127
Silver Member
There were two tournaments in NY City in 1968. The first was at the Statler Hilton. That was the tournament that I was at when I was 17 yrs old.
The other tournament was the International Pocket Billiards Championship held at the Hotel Commodore from Sept. 20-29.
Both tournaments were played on the Dimalto Rivera tables & sponsored by the Dimalto Manufacturing Company, Brooklyn, NY which is table that I have and wrote about here on AZ.
During the tour. at the Hilton. Frank McGown beat Joe Balsis 150-0. It was the talk of the tournament. Cue Ball Kelly was a ref. and put on a great show of tricks during a break. He was really funny. I never forget being there to see all that.

alstl

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
well, Mike Sigel's 150 and out against Mike Zuglan (accustats) for starters. i'm sure there are many more.

Yep, I have that match from accustats. In another accustats video Immonen vs Cohen, Mika played safe after Cohen's break shot but Mika ran 97 his second trip to the table - and lost the match after leading 97-0. That was world class 14.1

I know a guy who said he saw Irving Crane run out after the break at Johnston City but those matches were 125 not 150 and obviously there is no video.

Last edited:

stevekur1

The "COMMISH"
Silver Member
I dont recall the players name or the exact number of balls he ran, but i recall seeing a video online of some asian player playing the head ball in the side pocket as the break and running some balls there after.