$1000 max, what's your playing cue?

LIAKOS27

NOT banned (yet)
Silver Member
Predator BK2 butt and Mike Webb low deflection shaft. "SICK" I've been playing it for over 2 yrs and still enjoy shooting it!

KRJ

Support UKRAINE
Silver Member
WIllie Hoppe, and then fully refurbished to your weight, diameter, joint and shaft. Still under a thousand ;)

M.G.

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Mezz EC7-(something, for example (R)osewood) with WX900 shaft.
For remaining money buy a Cuetec R360 + fusion shaft (for fun and the Snooker game here and there) plus take your spouse out for a nice weekend!

Cheers!

Moet.1977

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
used

I don't think you could go wrong with about any of the makers that have been said, but I agree with others take the grand and find you a good custom cue from a good maker.
That way if your not happy more than likely you can get your money back and try a
different one.
Also my vote goes for a Jensen you can find them second hand at a good price,and their great players.

cardiac kid

Super Senior Member
Silver Member
I say spend as much as you want, but my first pick would be a Schon STL-11. :smile:

Tramp,

I'm stunned. You would choose a Schon over one of your own Wonder brand cues? What has the world come to?

Seriously, had an opportunity to spend an hour or so with Evan Clarke at Super Billiards Expo. His new Segen brand cues have some interesting new build features.

Have to admit, always said I would never spend $1000 on a cue when $400 would do. Forgot the $600 I paid for my Schon 23 or so years ago is really equal to $1300 today. If I had to do it over, think I'd trust Evan again.

Lyn

Awizzzy

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
For me, Hands down Ernie Martinez, or PFD (Paul Drexler) sneaky. Also, all of my friends think I am nuts to spend over 300 bucks on a cue. Except for you guys here on AZ, you guys think I am sane, right??

:thumbup::thumbup::thumbup::thumbup::D:D:D:D

KRJ

Support UKRAINE
Silver Member
For me, Hands down Ernie Martinez, or PFD (Paul Drexler) sneaky. Also, all of my friends think I am nuts to spend over 300 bucks on a cue. Except for you guys here on AZ, you guys think I am sane, right??

:thumbup::thumbup::thumbup::thumbup::D:D:D:D

I never had anyone bat an eye at spending $300- $500 on a cue.... they spend that much on their kids baseball bat ;) Heck, a top of the line baseball glove now costs $350. If you want a hand crafted, top of the line leather, with FREE yearly cleaning, you can spend $500 on a Mizuno.....I stopped playing baseball 2 years ago, but man, I still want that glove ;)

Ken_4fun

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member

....wait until you pay around $10,000, or you turn down an offer for it. :angry:

Then you will know you will know you are just as crazy as the rest of us! ;)

Ken :thumbup:

Awizzzy

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Well, to be clear, I have spent just a tad over 3k for a cue. I really wanted it and it was brand new. However, without taking a tangent line on cue value, seems to me that while alot of work goes into making the *Nicer* cues, 10k or more is just wild.. I know the types of cues that would go with that price, just wow though.

While I am not saying crazy, lol, I do have my jaw on the floor.. :eek:

:thumbup::thumbup::thumbup::thumbup::D:D:D

cajunfats

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Previously Owned GEM Cue

A 1992 GEM Cue, by Gary Medlin,Lake Charles,Louisiana. Gary made me two more matching shafts. It is a superb player.

Attachments

• DSCF0001.jpg
    DSCF0001.jpg
    55.3 KB · Views: 490