****$15,000.00*** SCHON Ivory Cue

the chicken

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
The Schon Brothers

Two guys walk into a pool hall. One's short and pudgy, the other tall and thin. They're both wearing dark suits and sunglasses. The short pudgy guy has a hand cuff locked around his left wrist; attached to it by a short chain is a rectangular pool cue case. The taller guy begins to negotiate a game of six pocket with a local. Once the details are agreed upon, the taller guy reaches into his pocket and produces a key, which he uses to unlock the wrist cuff.
The pool cue case is now placed upon a table and slowly opened. Bystanders that have gathered around unconsciously lean forward as the pool cue is revealed. At that exact instant, a brilliant ray of sunlight shines through a spot of flaked-off paint from the nearest window. The suddenly illuminated cue begins to radiate a blindingly yellowish-white glow. The bystanders take a step back and, mouths open in wonder, watch as the cue is removed from its case and assembled (to be continued).

bklynjava

I use PK...UFIGUREITOUT
Silver Member
Rating - 100%
66   0   0
Two guys walk into a pool hall. One's short and pudgy, the other tall and thin. They're both wearing dark suits and sunglasses. The short pudgy guy has a hand cuff locked around his left wrist; attached to it by a short chain is a rectangular pool cue case. The taller guy begins to negotiate a game of six pocket with a local. Once the details are agreed upon, the taller guy reaches into his pocket and produces a key, which he uses to unlock the wrist cuff.
The pool cue case is now placed upon a table and slowly opened. Bystanders that have gathered around unconsciously lean forward as the pool cue is revealed. At that exact instant, a brilliant ray of sunlight shines through a spot of flaked-off paint from the nearest window. The suddenly illuminated cue begins to radiate a blindingly yellowish-white glow. The bystanders take a step back and, mouths open in wonder, watch as the cue is removed from its case and assembled (to be continued).

I love it, ----> the suspense is killing me now.

cleitonrocha

Administrador
Staff member
Gold Member
Silver Member
Rating - 100%
207   0   0
wow

it is the BEST Schon EVER, i think....

good luck michael...

good luck and congrats for the new buyer ...

tonyboy59

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Rating - 100%
120   0   0
I've seen this Schon in person several times and it never ceases to amaze me how beautiful this cue really is!

In addition, Mike is one of the most "customer service" oriented sellers I've ever encountered in or outside the billiard business. Great Product...great seller...

Michael-Hoang

Omega Billiards
Silver Member
Rating - 100%
83   0   0
sry I'm looking for one with a little more Ivory. :thumbup:

Alright, I know the deal breaker is the ferrule. Ok, I'll pay to have the ferrule change to Ivory. How's that? :wink:

Don't leave us hanging....Great read so far. :)

dam nice cue GLWS

Thank you.

it is the BEST Schon EVER, i think....

good luck michael...

good luck and congrats for the new buyer ...

Thank you.

I've seen this Schon in person several times and it never ceases to amaze me how beautiful this cue really is!

In addition, Mike is one of the most "customer service" oriented sellers I've ever encountered in or outside the billiard business. Great Product...great seller...

Thank you for the kind words, Tony. As always, a pleasure doing business with you.

Happy Holidays to everyone.

PROG8R

Gator Nation
Silver Member
Rating - 100%
19   0   0
Didn't Johnny Archer have the exact same cue in the 90's?

I think Willie Munson had one as well.

Michael-Hoang

Omega Billiards
Silver Member
Rating - 100%
83   0   0
Didn't Johnny Archer have the exact same cue in the 90's?

I think Willie Munson had one as well.

Schon made 2 more cues with all the Ivory's similar to this but different designs.

One went to Johnny Archer who played with it for many years. That cue currently belongs to Fatboy's Collection.

The other one went to Shannon Daulton who played with it for years. Last I know, that cue sits in Will Prout's collection.

Shooter08

Runde Aficianado
Silver Member
Rating - 100%
61   0   0
Nice Cue

Can someone just put a tip on an Narwhale tusk and I will shoot with that!! That cue is crazy. Nice piece of art, I wonder what it weighs.

ChrisOnline

4 8 15 16 23 42
Silver Member
Rating - 100%
121   0   0
Schon made 2 more cues with all the Ivory's similar to this but different designs.

One went to Johnny Archer who played with it for many years. That cue currently belongs to Fatboy's Collection.

The other one went to Shannon Daulton who played with it for years. Last I know, that cue sits in Will Prout's collection.

Mike, i have a friend who has one that he recieved as a gift from Evan Clark in the 90's and he always said that his was exactly the same or close to it as the one that Johnny Archer had and sold for a crazy amount of money.. its no where near the amount of ivory yours has but it has alot of ivory and inlays that were similar to yours just not a complete filled in forearm.. his also has an ivory butcap with the same type of inlay pattern in the butsleeve like the points but reversed.. i should have taken a picture of it when he brought it to his pool room to show me..

anyways.. this is an awesome cue.. no wonder why there is a ban on ivory.. :eek:

will you be in vegas in a few days for the Apa tournament?

chris

al-capool

Imagine all the people...
Silver Member
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
This cue is for those who are pretending, that Schon are making only production cues!

Now to all these persons who said that since Evan Clarke is designing and making the low editions Cues like the Elite and Unique, Schon isn't a Custom Cue Maker anymore!
Take a very sharp look at that clear Ivory, the other high end materials and all these works and especially on how precise they have been made! Then tell me honestly how would you call that Ivory Monster? Independent if you like it or not, you just must admit that this cue is definitely a Custom and a High end Cue too! At least IMO
A big thank you Michael, that you showed us that good example, what Evan Clarke and Schon Cues are still able to accomplish...

Last edited: