1974 Mustang II Ghia

gregcantrall

Center Ball
Silver Member
Seriously in order to be a road player you better be able to live from your uh? Motor home. Yes I lived comfortably. As I removed the passenger side bucket seat and had the perfect spot for me in my mummy bag.
Anyone with a line on same vehicle....please. I am interested and would like to talk.😉

ShootingArts

Smorg is giving St Peter the 7!
Gold Member
Silver Member
Can't help you but your post reminded me of something. Danny Medina called his old Chevy the Malibu Hilton!

He was planning to snooze in it that night. Not bad when it isn't too hot or too cold, can be very rough as I suspect you know!(grin) One reason I didn't take a ride with him. The seats in that Malibu were a little short and I was long. My pick-up had an outstanding seat to sleep on but only one and I wasn't sharing!

Hu

Dead Money

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Seriously in order to be a road player you better be able to live from your uh? Motor home. Yes I lived comfortably. As I removed the passenger side bucket seat and had the perfect spot for me in my mummy bag.
Anyone with a line on same vehicle....please. I am interested and would like to talk.😉
Hahah I had a 1975!!

pwd72s

recreational banger
Silver Member
Probably hard to find one to restore...but an old late 50's Rambler station wagon with front seats that both recline into a bed would be ideal. My mom had one...I'm sure she knew, but I'd tell her my '50 Ford wasn't running right, would ask to borrow her car...

I did read that the road players of old did prefer luxobarges...big 4 door caddys, buicks, chryslers...

(edit) The only person I thought looked great in the Mustang II was Farrah...;)

book collector

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I had an early 70s Mustang in the early about 1980s One day the transmission dropped out of it, driving down the freeway , another time I got off the freeway, made a right turn and saw a tire go flying past, yep ,it was mine , car fell over and tore the driver rear all up.

Dead Money

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I would have never admitted it! Lol
I get it....it was not really fast.....but with a few mods, posi, and a shot of n20 I humiliated a few with it. It was baby blue with a dark blue interior and vinyl top too. It also had the flat dish hub caps up front on white wall tires and wider steel rims in back.................also with the same flat dish hub caps on it. If I could find a good clean one I would consider replicating it.

mikemosconi

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Had a '79 Mustang- everything on that car fell apart after the first 40,000 miles- late 70s thru the 80s saw American made cars become money pits by the time they were just a few years old- every seal leaked, all the pumps broke down, early on board computer systems gave out right on the highways, disk brake rotors warped constantly, gaskets leaked, etc. etc. Honda and Toyota had a field day!

TATE

AzB Gold Mensch
Silver Member
When I was a kid I drove my dad's 66 289 Fairlane to construction sites. We were paid $17 per day subsistence for out of town work. I slept in the bench back seat many a night on the job sites to save money and more than once had a cop tap on the window to see what I was up to. if there was a river or creek nearby, I had a bar of biodegradable soap. With that bar of soap and a sleeping bag, I had no problem living that way.

ShootingArts

Smorg is giving St Peter the 7!
Gold Member
Silver Member
I had an auto salvage and when a yellow Mustang II came in pretty clean my brother-in-law wanted it. It had been wrecked a little but I had a red one out back too that had all of the parts he needed. After replacing the ruined fender and extension, a few other things, that car with the yellow and one bright red corner on it looked pretty silly. He came to me again: Was it OK to swap out good parts for good parts the other color? "Go for it!"

It did look better symmetrical at least but with the fairly even mix of pale yellow and bright red I always referred to that thing as the bleeding banana!

Hu

Logandgriff

AzB Gold Member
Gold Member
Silver Member
I had a '66 Mustang convertible three speed six that ate throw out bearings like cows eat grass. Somebody hit it hard in the front end in 1971 and I sold it for $450.00. This may be the lowest price ever paid for a running and driving rust-free Mustang convertible. Too small to sleep in.

gregcantrall

Center Ball
Silver Member
When I was a kid I drove my dad's 66 289 Fairlane to construction sites. We were paid $17 per day subsistence for out of town work. I slept in the bench back seat many a night on the job sites to save money and more than once had a cop tap on the window to see what I was up to. if there was a river or creek nearby, I had a bar of biodegradable soap. With that bar of soap and a sleeping bag, I had no problem living that way.
Yep, construction jobs were the majority of my motor home ing. A Geo Prizum allowed me to bank my subsistence on one job.I have had officers tap on my window a couple of times(Bay Area). Towards the end of my carpenter career I actually had a Leisure Travel. A van conversion that fit in a parking spot. Working in Spokane in January when 20 degrees felt like a heat wave. I parked by the temp power and plugged into the electric. Every day at the end of work I drove across the street to the shopping center and got wi fi and dinner. Then returned and plugged back in. After about a week my supervisor approached me with concerns about me staying at the site. Not concerned about me plugged in but Seems corporate was afraid I could gain squatters rights. He was very casual as I was a top hand. So I assured him that I was not staying on the site. I left every day after work. I did come to work a little early however:wink: That gave him his answer for corporate.

gregcantrall

Center Ball
Silver Member
And to keep this pool related. The Leisure Travel allowed My wife and I and 3 little dogs to stay comfortably for a 2 day scotch doubles tournament in Mesa. Completely self contained with generator and microwave for the first cup of coffee in the morning.