2 McDaniels for a Scruggs what do you think?

It depends what you are in the two Mc's. You have a much better chance of trading to get the value you want out of cues these days, then trying to sell them out right. If you would sell the two cues you have for close to what cornerstone is asking for the Scruggs, and since you want a Scruggs, I say do it. Cornerstone is always pretty fair in trades and sales, but know it's a business for them so they have to get their money out of the trade as well...you get a cue you want. :thumbup:

Hope this helps a little.

Dave
 
Im just really torn, something about the Q6 I love but at the same time there is no denying the current market value and playability of the scruggs.
 
I love Scruggs cues, but I think Id hold off on this deal. If it were me, that is. The Scruggs cue is pretty plain. No veneers, very few inlays, but the stacked wrap is a bonus. The first McD u have is pretty loaded up, so it would almost be like giving the second cue away. Just my opinion. Good luck with whatever you decide. Either one should play awesome.

Joe
 
I agree with everyone in that you are probably taking a little bit of the bad end of this deal. Scruggs cues are nice, but I don't think I would trade those two cues you have for one. Like mentioned by someone else if the cue is 20oz or over then resale will be harder. I did not look at the actual weight of the Scruggs cue, but if that is the case then it is something you should consider. On the other hand if you just want one and this is your only option of getting one then by all means go for it. It is a tough market right now for getting the price you really want out of a cue. So an outright sale might not put you in the neighborhood where you want to be. But if it was me, I would just hold onto what I already have. Those are both great looking cues that play really well.
 
Help me out here guys what do you think?

These two cues and fifty for shipping

http://forums.azbilliards.com/showthread.php?t=184897

for this Scruggs.

http://www.cornerstonecues.com/cue238.htm

The only thing I would do is change the wrap immediately.

I am so torn right now and I dont know what to do.

PLEASE HELP !!!


I love Tim Scruggs and his cues but I wouldn't do this trade. Your two McDaniels are very nice and both nicer than this Scruggs IMO.

You are a player. The most important thing to you is and should be how the cue plays. Ask yourself if you will be able to get the value of your two McDaniels out of the Scruggs if you try to resell it on the chance that you end up not liking how the Scruggs plays.

Granted I have almost never hit with a Scruggs I did not like (only one ivory jointed one) but still I would not buy a cue that I intended to play with without being able to try it first, at least not one in this price range.

My advice is to pass on this. If it were a nicer Scruggs then yeah but to me, as much as I love and respect Timmy's work - this one doesn't equal your two McDaniels.
 
I think both your McDaniels are nicer than the Scruggs.
Maybe one McD and some cash.
If you insist on throwing your cues away, I will trade you 2 tubes of KY and 2 Dale Perry's.
 
I would always keep this extremly nice *simple* black McDaniel. Love it :o)

I am not sure what you re expecting-to make a *deal* or just want to have a new cue as a new *player*. In the case you wanna make a *deal*...i couldn t answer you. If you re just looking for a *new baby*-hear what your heart is saying,

take care,
Ingo
 
Back
Top