2 things that bug me in posts

accustatsfan

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I've done, met, or worked with many people who have college degrees, PhD's etc only one impressed me as "wow that person is smart".

Many of the them are good people, but at what point in life does ability count for more than what we accomplish in our teens and 20's?

Wags

2 pocket-one pocket table
Silver Member
Thanks all

You'se AZ'ers is the bestest! I well forever said that mostest AZ'ers have the most wonderfullest since of humor even tho I am a NIT. I promise no more spilling lessens or pots on grammer.

ya'll made me laugh good.

PS I am glad that at least one person learned the difference between BCA and BCAPL.

Thanks
wags

Chopdoc

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I've done, met, or worked with many people who have college degrees, PhD's etc only one impressed me as "wow that person is smart".

Many of the them are good people, but at what point in life does ability count for more than what we accomplish in our teens and 20's?

Those kinds of comments are always fun. How many of them did you impress? LOL! :p

Whether or not one is smart has nothing to do with whether or not they are educated. Obviously. But do you suggest that there are fewer smart people that are educated than there are without education? That would be an interesting notion. I would suspect the distribution to be fairly even myself.

I know all sorts of people of all walks of life and levels of education but I work with very highly educated people every day. Most of them are quite amazing really...but they are doctors and medical students. Top 2% of the population in character, integrity, intellect, and aptitude. They amaze me every day, I am continuously humbled by them.

Some of the smartest people I have known were fairly uneducated. It was a shame for them because it left them at a serious disadvantage in general. Kind of like a Ferrari with cheap tires, a bad tune-up, and cheap gas. Still a Ferrari...but at a serious disadvantage next to those with a good set of tires etc.

Frankly I personally don't care how educated a person might be as long as we can converse and have fun. :thumbup:

As you can imagine I have a few degrees myself. :D That just took hard work....not intelligence. The hardest working people I have ever met in life were people with advanced degrees....and I have done manual labor myself in my younger days. Only one non-educated person I ever met impressed me as a hard worker. OK that's a lie....I just had to say it because it sounded about as clever as your comment. LOL! :D:D

accustatsfan

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Those kinds of comments are always fun. How many of them did you impress? LOL! :p

Whether or not one is smart has nothing to do with whether or not they are educated. Obviously. But do you suggest that there are fewer smart people that are educated than there are without education? That would be an interesting notion. I would suspect the distribution to be fairly even myself.

I know all sorts of people of all walks of life and levels of education but I work with very highly educated people every day. Most of them are quite amazing really...but they are doctors and medical students. Top 2% of the population in character, integrity, intellect, and aptitude. They amaze me every day, I am continuously humbled by them.

Some of the smartest people I have known were fairly uneducated. It was a shame for them because it left them at a serious disadvantage in general. Kind of like a Ferrari with cheap tires, a bad tune-up, and cheap gas. Still a Ferrari...but at a serious disadvantage next to those with a good set of tires etc.

Frankly I personally don't care how educated a person might be as long as we can converse and have fun. :thumbup:

As you can imagine I have a few degrees myself. :D That just took hard work....not intelligence. The hardest working people I have ever met in life were people with advanced degrees....and I have done manual labor myself in my younger days. Only one non-educated person I ever met impressed me as a hard worker. OK that's a lie....I just had to say it because it sounded about as clever as your comment. LOL! :D:D

Well spoken not debating the value of a degree just saying the Op should get out of the house sometime

Last edited:

Chopdoc

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Well spoken not debating the value of a degree just saying the Op should get out of the house sometime

I don't disagree.

Hell....I should probably get out of the house more often! LOL!

I'm on this here forum instead! :thumbup:

Well spoken?

Thanks! :thumbup:

nb92

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I must admit..

.. I was not very good at English in school. Spelling, sentence structure and in general the proper use of the language were always very confusing to me. I was however decent at math.

Therefore, I was able to determine that hiring a technical writer with a MS from Duke was much more cost effective (?) for my business. This did free up quite a bit of my time formerly spent on more mundane tasks and has allowed me to follow in detail (excruciating detail at times... ) the on-going concerns of the pool playing community here on AZ billiards. Example - I am now off to find out if any progress was made on the next TAR match?

However having her edit posts here would not increase our productivity so this really isn't a solution that I could apply to your secondary concern.

Hopefully in the near future all of this "editing, grammatical, spelling stuff" will have an automated solutions to check for violation of the arbitrary rules that the English language has burden us with (i before e,, RAVEN (OMG), etc.) since ... well I don't know when ... got to be something to do with the Germans and the Normans carving up Britian.. ... Nuff of this stuff... what happinin with TAR 25?

Chopdoc

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Chop Doc: You a Doc, Doc or a Corpsman Doc?

I'm a Doc as in MD....Medical Doctor....or as my diploma says "Doctor of Medicine"

"With all the Rights, Honors, and Privileges Thereunto Appertaining"

I went to evil medical school.....

6a00d83451b85a69e20120a8d7e84b970b-pi

pmata814

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Hmmmm, this thread has effected me in a way that I cannot describe.

However, it has the start of what could be the bestest thread in a long time.

I believe that their is much potential hear.

It could be better then many of the other threads posted today.

But you have to be able to no it when your reading it.

You're comprehension and righting skills have to be slightly better than others.

The others can have there threads but we will subscribe to this one.

Lets make this thread more funner than the others.

This is absolutely HILARIOUS!! LMAO!!! :D

Sent from my BlackBerry 9780 using Tapatalk

DeHouser

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
The hardest working people I have ever met in life were people with advanced degrees....and I have done manual labor myself in my younger days.

I would tend to agree. I grew up on a farm, in very modest financial circumstances, and people in the community worked like fiends. I spent a good portion of my youth at a number of jobs, all laborious, and then spent 12 years attending university, and now work in one. I frequently cross worlds between the work of labour and work of the mind, and, like you, see folks who put their literal and metaphorical backs into it everyday.
That said, I'm not going to critique anyone's grammar here, because I don't think it would be particularly appreciated, and I'm doubtful that people log in to AZ hoping to be tested. I'll save that for my students [If I'm wrong, feel free to PM me, and I'll be happy to make you feel lousy about your grammar/spelling/punctuation/sentence structure/vocabulary;)].

8pack

They call me 2 county !
Silver Member
op must hate me haha :thumbup:

Mea 2wo...gize gits madd o ver thie dummesest chit..Big world you know!
If there where know dummies you would be less smart .Be thankful for things that matter and your skin may thicken.;)
Not you champ.:grin:

Chopdoc

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
spent 12 years attending university,

I feel you there! :thumbup:

I have found that correcting people's grammar is a great way to be popular! :rolleyes:

Yeah, not so much. There is a time and place for everything. This is a pool forum. :D

What do you teach?

I teach light duty stuff like Biochemistry, Trauma, Surgery, Rheumatology, Molecular Biology....and more....you know...the lighter side of post graduate education...... :D

Blue Hog ridr

World Famous Fisherman.
Silver Member
Ever since I received ( see, Eye before E except after See) a chemistry set for Christmas when I was younger, I always wanted to be a Mad Scientist like you Doc.

Titelist - I think that might be a person who won or received a Sporting title.

Titlist - I think that might be a guy who has a list of girls with nice tatas.

What a difference an E can make, EH?

Chopdoc

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Ever since I received ( see, Eye before E except after See) a chemistry set for Christmas when I was younger, I always wanted to be a Mad Scientist like you Doc.

Well....with time, dedication, and determination you still can!!!!! Just dust off that chemistry set. Mix everything in it together over an open flame. If you survive, feed the results to a hamster to see what happens!

That's not so hard!

It's more better than not trying, right?

:smile:

Oh....and don't forget to document your results. :thumbup:

pt109

WO double hemlock
Silver Member
I'm a Doc as in MD....Medical Doctor....or as my diploma says "Doctor of Medicine"

"With all the Rights, Honors, and Privileges Thereunto Appertaining"

I went to evil medical school.....

6a00d83451b85a69e20120a8d7e84b970b-pi

Sooo..you 're a doctor and a pool player....
...did you ever over-cut a patient?:cool:

Chopdoc

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Sooo..you 're a doctor and a pool player....
...did you ever over-cut a patient?:cool:

Depends......you a lawyer? :D

I am more of a used to be pool player, but yeah.....I guess I am a pool playing doc.

When I grow up I want to be a pool player again. :D

Blue Hog ridr

World Famous Fisherman.
Silver Member
Red Coma at night, posters delight.
Red Coma at morning, posters take warning.

I agree with one poster. People that feel the need to Quote an entire post, including pictures just to make one comment.
Can you not learn to Highlight one sentence, copy and paste it to your post?

Last edited:

nplum24

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
'Red Coma at night, posters delight.
Red Coma at morning, posters take warning.'

After reading this whole post.....that one got me chuckling. Good stuff right there.

AtLarge

AzB Gold Member
Gold Member
Silver Member
... Can you not learn to Highlight one sentence, copy and paste it to your post? ...

Good advice. And, to make it clear that only a portion of the original text is being quoted, one can add an ellipsis (series of three dots) before and after the quoted text -- as I did in the above quote.