2011 AZ Straight Pool Challenge!

sfleinen

14.1 & One Pocket Addict
Gold Member
Silver Member
[...] I would've been the first to perform a 69 on a Gold Crown in 2011!

Ron F

Hmm... Ron, you're certainly a player "devoted to the game"! :p But I think that was a little bit too much information. :D

J/K. Nice run!
-Sean

topcat1953

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Hi Run

I would like to join the hunt for perfection with a 58 on a Gandy Big G, 1/1/11.

Scott Brazier

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
14.1, what a great game. I could play for 10 hours a day and not get tired of playing.

Last night I had a nice run going and missed a shot because I thought I needed to cheat the pocket a bit. When I added up the score I was one short of my 99 ball run posted here.

That is okay, there is 359 days left, plenty of time to break many records.

My goal is to join the 300 club this year.

14-1StraightMan

High Run 127
Silver Member

14.1, what a great game. I could play for 10 hours a day and not get tired of playing.

Last night I had a nice run going and missed a shot because I thought I needed to cheat the pocket a bit. When I added up the score I was one short of my 99 ball run posted here.

That is okay, there is 359 days left, plenty of time to break many records.

My goal is to join the 300 club this year.

Great shooting. I enjoyed watching your video. Your table looks like a bar table 7' ? Is it?

Scott Brazier

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Great shooting. I enjoyed watching your video. Your table looks like a bar table 7' ? Is it?

Thank you.

Yes it is a 7' Valley. I don't have the room for a 9'. Once I break 200, I'll make a couple of trips to the nearest pool hall, which is in Duluth MN (90 mile drive), and bring my camera with.

14-1StraightMan

High Run 127
Silver Member
Valley

Great table. They make good ones. Don't want to hurt your feelings but running balls on those tables are a lot easier then a 9' table.
Hey, 98 & 99 is Great on any table and I can see that you are a good player but let us know how you do on a 9' when you get the chance.
Thanks.

DJKeys

Sound Design
Silver Member
40 Ball Run

Not playing really consistently this year, but I ran 40 last Sunday.

-dj

Ratta

Hearing the balls.....
Silver Member
Played again a bit after a longer time....about 2 hours but i felt so tired like after a triathlon :p
Finally one run of 36 \o/

Made me crazy to *crouch* around the table so slowly -_- i m no very fast player for sure, but if you re forced to walk so slowly....horrible^^

keep shootin,

Ingo

leadfoot_mf

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Hello I am new to the 14.1 world just joined a league on the 5th and had my first high run of 4 (9' GC) lol. On Thursday I doubled it plus one to 9 (9' olhausen). Both runs happened while playing matches. Hopefully by the end of the year I will have a run worth posting. The league is 14and1.

Lux

Foul and a Miss
Silver Member
Hello AZ, I just played 14.1 straight pool for the first time the other evening and it was a total blast! A 17 break was my best in one visit after miscueing a very simple pot, but I could surely tell that this would be my favourite game on a pool table. My goal for this year is to produce a break of 50 and to sort myself an appropriate cue (I reckon my snooker cue doesn't like it too much). I noticed that you lot mention the tables that you play on; to the best of my memory, it was a Diamond table of some sort with metal trim. Cheers to the new year!

14-1StraightMan

High Run 127
Silver Member
Welcome

Hello AZ, I just played 14.1 straight pool for the first time the other evening and it was a total blast! A 17 break was my best in one visit after miscueing a very simple pot, but I could surely tell that this would be my favourite game on a pool table. My goal for this year is to produce a break of 50 and to sort myself an appropriate cue (I reckon my snooker cue doesn't like it too much). I noticed that you lot mention the tables that you play on; to the best of my memory, it was a Diamond table of some sort with metal trim. Cheers to the new year!

Lux: Welcome to the 14.1 Forum. We have some great players here writing comments and helping each other. I do believe that you will learn a lot by reading the good information that is posted here. Good to see that you are enjoying straight pool. It will help you in all other games of pool.
Good Luck to you and keep us posted on your achievements.

Last edited:

Krisz

addicted to pool
Hey there...

I'll grab my chance to jump into the top 5 for a couple of days till the good players start taking over :)
Had a run of 69 yesterday evening as I ran out a race to 100 trailing 76:39 - hoping for 3 digits to fall this year.

Blackjack

Illuminati Blacksmack
Silver Member
85 on Friday. I'm starting to feel as if I can still do this despite the physical limitations - and that is a great feeling!

BayGene

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
23. After being inspired by the great Mike Zuglan at CueNine in Levittown, NY.