2011 World Cup of Pool free live streaming!

gopi-1

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I finally found one! http://www.tvshowsreplay.info/2011/03/studio-23-live-streaming.html

2011 WORLD CUP OF POOL

Thursday September 8

Round 1 - race to 8

12:00 noon Local time/12 Midnight Eastern/9 pm Pacific/3 am London

Round 1 - Chinese Taipei - 8 Russia - 4
Round 1 - Italy - 8 Hong Kong - 6

3:00 pm Local time/3 am Eastern/12 Midnight Pacific/6 am London

Round 1 - Poland - 8 Vietnam - 0
Round 1 - Canada - 8 Malta - 4

Round 2 - race to 8

6:00 pm Local time/6 am Eastern/3 am Pacific/9 am London

Round 2 - Switzerland - 5 vs. Sweden - 4 (Live now)
Round 2 - Philippines B (5) vs. India (22)

http://www.matchroompool.com/page/WorldCupofPool/NewsDetail/0,,12660~2444235,00.html

Reactions: JAM

gopi-1

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
What the hell was that match?!? A comedy of errors from both Sweden and Switzerland. Unfortunately, somebody has got to advance and the Swedish tandem just barely edged out Swiss duo in a hill-hill match.

Up next, fifth seeded Philippines B, with Efren Reyes and Django Bustamante at the helm, against the Indian pair of Raj Hundal and Amar Kang. Don't forget the popcorn folks!...
1202.gif

JAM

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
What the hell was that match?!? A comedy of errors from both Sweden and Switzerland. Unfortunately, somebody has got to advance and the Swedish tandem just barely edged out Swiss duo in a hill-hill match.

Up next, fifth seeded Philippines B, with Efren Reyes and Django Bustamante at the helm, against the Indian pair of Raj Hundal and Amar Kang. Don't forget the popcorn folks!...
1202.gif

Amar Kang is there? What?

JAM

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Yes he is there... :thumbup:

I like Raj and Amar both. Each one has personality-plus for sure. Representing India, though?

I have read many recent news articles about how pool is rising in popularity in India. I am kind of surprised that these two players are representing India. I am sure that India has its own set of super stars in pool, but maybe they're only into snooker today and not rotation pocket billiard-type games.

Pankaj Advani is a name I keep reading about quite often from India. :cool:

Attachments

• 2008090654702001[1].jpg
    2008090654702001[1].jpg
    21.4 KB · Views: 771

billbOK

Slow day
Silver Member
I like Raj and Amar both. Each one has personality-plus for sure. Representing India, though?

I have read many recent news articles about how pool is rising in popularity in India. I am kind of surprised that these two players are representing India. I am sure that India has its own set of super stars in pool, but maybe they're only into snooker today and not rotation pocket billiard-type games.

From what I've read there are a lot of good snooker players ou there, but not too many pool players. Last year Raj was playing with a snooker player. It was diffcult cause he didn't know anything about 9 ball strategy. That's certainly why he is playing now with Amar Kang.

Raj is representating India since several years in international events.

gopi-1

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member

I caught a snippet of Jay Helfert and Bob Guerrero's commentary about Amar. Jay said that Amar is a long resident here in the USA, but decided to keep his Indian citizenship. I think Raj has dual citizenship, so he's both British and an Indian citizen...

Last edited:

gopi-1

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Philippines B survived a scare from India, winning 8 games to 5 to snatched a spot in the Quarterfinals. If Efren was a bundle of nerves, Django has the nerves of steel and he held the fort to secure the win for Philippines B. Efren missed quite a few balls, safety plays and positional placements, but Bustamante made it look like it was just another day in the office and saved Efren's behind time and time again...

I'm saving this site for the rainy days!

1202.gif

http://www.tvshowsreplay.info/2011/03/studio-23-live-streaming.html

GADawg

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I finally found one! http://www.tvshowsreplay.info/2011/03/studio-23-live-streaming.html

2011 WORLD CUP OF POOL

Thursday September 8

Round 1 - race to 8

Round 2 - race to 8

Round 2 - Switzerland - 5 vs. Sweden - 4 (Live now)
Round 2 - Philippines B (5) vs. India (22)

http://www.matchroompool.com/page/WorldCupofPool/NewsDetail/0,,12660~2444235,00.html

thanks for the link. rep to you

gopi-1

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Results of the matches for the past 3 days:

Tuesday September 6

Round 1 - race to 8

12:00 noon/12 midnight Eastern/9 pm Pacific

Round 1 - Switzerland - 8 China - 4
Round 1 - Sweden - 8 Indonesia - 7

3:00 pm Local time/3 am Eastern/12 Midnight Pacific

Round 1 - Korea - 8 Spain - 5
Round 1 - Japan - 8 Croatia - 3

6:00 pm Local time/6 am Eastern/3 am Pacific

Round 1 - India - 8 Finland - 7
Round 1 - Philippines B - 8 Kuwait - 4

Wednesday September 7

Round 1 - race to 8

12:00 noon Local time/12 Midnight Eastern/9 pm Pacific

Round 1 - Germany - 8 Australia - 0
Round 1 - Malaysia - 8 France - 6

Round 1 - Estonia - 8 England - 6
Round 1 - Thailand - 8 Holland - 4

Round 1 - Singapore - 8 USA - 7
Round 1 - Philippines A - 8 Austria - 2

Thursday September 8

Round 1 - race to 8

12:00 noon Local time/12 Midnight Eastern/9 pm Pacific

Round 2 - race to 8

Round 2 - Sweden - 8 Switzerland - 6
Round 2 - Philippines B - 8 India - 5

Last edited:

gopi-1

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
2011 WORLD CUP OF POOL

Schedule of matches for tomorrow, Friday, September 9:

Friday September 9

Round 2 - race to 8

Round 2- Korea (23) vs. Japan (9)
Round 2 - Germany (4) vs. Malaysia (25)

Round 2 - Estonia (20) vs. Thailand (31)
Round 2 - Singapore (28) vs. Poland (11)

Round 2 - ChineseTaipei (7) vs. Italy (10)
Round 2 - Philippines A (2) vs. Canada (15)

Catch_A_Gear

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Yes, this is a bad site just clean my pc. Had a Trojan. If you go there check your pc.

Last edited:

gopi-1

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Yes, this is a bad site just clean my pc. Had a Trojan. If you go there check your pc.

My bad, I forgot to warn you guys. I have protection, 3 in fact. Avira, McAfee and Kapersky. I'm sure it won't get past these 3...

gopi-1

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
World Cup Of Pool Day 3

Reyes / Bustamante aim for win three

0,,12660~9971462,00.jpg

Two-time PartyPoker.net World Cup of Pool winners Efren Reyes and Francisco Bustamante comfortably progressed to the last eight as their Philippines B team beat India 8-5.

The Indian pair of Raj "The Hitman" Hundal and Amar "AK47" Kang, wearing the winning shirts in the "best dressed" competition, were again led into the arena by a glamorous model scattering rose petals ahead of them.

After eight racks it was 4-4 and that put pressure on the Filipinos, but they responded superbly as they picked up the pace to gain the win.

The Indians acquitted themselves well and, considering Kang had never played on TV before, were a credit to their nation.

"We got lucky again," said Reyes, echoing his regular catchphrase but the truth is there was plenty of skill and shot-making and their likely quarter-final opponents, Germany, will have their hands full on Saturday.

Sweden earlier became the first team through to the quarter-finals in a fantastically entertaining second round match against qualifiers Switzerland. Both teams were shaky at best with Ronni Regli for Switzerland and Thomas Mehtala (Sweden) having particularly torrid times.

The final score was 8-6 but that barely told the story of one of the craziest matches in World Cup history. The Swiss team of Regli and the imposing Dimitri Jungo started where they left off following their defeat of defending champions China on Tuesday, as they moved into a 4-0 lead.

Sweden took the next four to level the score at 4-4 and shared the next two to make the score 5-5. The Scandinavians, who looked dead and buried, won the next two after both sides had chances following some errors and they were on the hill.

In an amazing last rack, Regli missed the 4-ball, Mehtala left Chamat in a shocking position with hampered cueing but Chamat produced a heroic effort to get Sweden back on course.

However, his partner missed a straight-forward 6-ball but Regli could not take his second chance as he missed the 7-ball and almost walked out of the arena in disgust.
Dimitri Jungo, who had been excellent throughout, put a comforting arm round Regli's shoulder as the Swiss-Filipino felt the heat. Chamat pocketed the 8-ball and started dancing as he sensed victory.

Mehtala, who looked a bag of nerves in the latter stages of this match, stayed strong when he needed to and downed a simple 9-ball for the win.

"It was an amazing game. I've played so many games over years and that's one of the worst games I've been involved in!" said a delighted Chamat.

"I will always remember this game, just like I remember the Mosconi Cup games. You have to show a lot of heart and dig deep down but it wasn't about pool, it was about seeing straight."

Chinese Taipei, a perennial powerhouse of the world pool scene, advanced to the second round with a comfortable 8-4 victory over Russia.

The Taiwanese were represented by Ko Pin-yi and his 15-year-old brother Ko Ping-chun - the first time siblings have competed in the World Cup.

Their opponents Russia, with Ruslan Chinakhov and Konstantin Stepanov on board, looked to have a chance but the clinical Taiwanese were too good from the off. The Russians stayed with them in the early stages but always trailed as the Chinese Taipei brothers looked relaxed and confident.

They were never put under sufficient pressure and looked to have a couple more gears available to them if the need arises. They now meet Italy in the second round, who came from behind to beat Hong Kong in a scrappy thriller.

Hong Kong's Lee Chenman and Kenny Kwok were in the driving seat throughout their round one match against Italy and led 4-2, but Chenman missed an easy 9 ball to gift the rack to the Italians.

Hong Kong kept their noses in front as they moved to 6-5 but another mistake from Chenman let the Italians in for 6-6 and they won the next two to take the match.
Poland recorded the second 8-0 whitewash of the event as they flattened Vietnam.

Radoslaw Babica, an ever-present in the Polish World Cup side since the event's inception in 2006, was this time joined by Karol Skowerski and they thrashed their opponents.

"We've known each other for more than ten years, play in the same club and have played together in the Polish National Championships and the Polish League," said Skowerski.

The knowledge of each other's games was paramount and the match was a bit of a procession as the confidence drained from the Vietnamese.

"Two weeks ago we won the Polish Scotch Doubles Championships and it was an easy win so that's why we're so confident," added Babica.

"We started very well and that's why the match went our way. We started with two run outs, he missed and then it was 4-0. That made them more nervous and we had less pressure.

"But it was just one match and if we play like that and our opponents play like that then we will win the next match. Every match is different and we'll just concentrate on our next opponent and try to play our best."

In the second match of the session, Malta made it six first round exits out of six as they went down to Canadian pair John Morra and Jason Klatt by 8-4. The Maltese pair made too many errors to stay in contention and Canada can now look forward to meeting Orcollo and Alcano in the next round.

The 2011 World Cup of Pool is sponsored by PartyPoker.net, the world's leading online poker school. Cloth is supplied by Iwan Simonis, Super Aramith balls by Saluc, tables by Star Xing Pai and the Official Cue is Predator.

The PartyPoker.net World Cup of Pool takes place at the Block Atrium at the SM Mall North in Quezon City, Manila. It features 32 two-player teams representing 31 nations - hosts Philippines have two sides. The total prize-fund is $250,000 with $60,000 going to the winning pair.

PARTYPOKER.NET WORLD CUP OF POOL

Day Three results:

Round One: Chinese Taipei 8-4 Russia, Italy 8-6 Hong Kong, Poland 8-0 Vietnam, Canada 8-4 Malta

Last 16: Sweden 8-6 Switzerland, Philippines B 8-5 India

http://www.matchroompool.com/page/WorldCupofPool/NewsDetail/0,,12660~2444791,00.html