2013 Super Billiards Expo Moves to New Jersey

Sandman

Sandcastle Room Owner
Silver Member
Shuttle Bus service and Events TBA...

Sandcastle is less than 5 minutes away.

I will be setting up special events (mini tournaments and challenges) to compliment the SBE schedule and provide more for all to enjoy.

SHUTTLE BUS service will be provided back and forth between the convention center and Sandcastle Billiards as well. (Please tip the driver a coulpe bucks ;) )

I'll keep everyone posted as things develop. I am currently discussing possibilities with many others in the industry that will be in town.

DelaWho???

Banger McCue
Silver Member

I will be setting up special events (mini tournaments and challenges) to compliment the SBE schedule and provide more for all to enjoy.

SHUTTLE BUS service will be provided back and forth between the convention center and Sandcastle Billiards as well. (Please tip the driver a coulpe bucks ;) )

I'll keep everyone posted as things develop. I am currently discussing possibilities with many others in the industry that will be in town.

:clapping:

Here's hoping for a boom in your business. Glad to see you're taking advantage of the opportunity.

:cool:

3andstop

Focus
Silver Member

This sounds great. Closer to my area now. I'm hoping to make it for the week. If nothing else rest and relaxation in a nice quiet hotel room away from all the craziness back at the ranch.

Hope a few of those mini tournaments are 1 hole. :)

KoolKat9Lives

Taught 'em all I know
Silver Member
This sounds like great news. I didn't go this year, but definitely recall a lot of criticism on the apparently "cold" venue on a thread here.

Here's the pasted article:

News Flash! The 2013 Super Billiards Expo will be held April 4-7, at the New Jersey Convention Center in Edison, NJ.

The site is 15 minutes from Newark International Airport and very close to a confluence of major highways, including the New Jersey State Turnpike and the Garden State Parkway.

"We tried to work with Oaks to improve things that we needed changed, but they responded by wanting to give us less space," said Allen Hopkins, the event promoter.

"The new location will have carpeted ballrooms for the 3-Cushion and Trick Shot events, and carpeted areas for other events, including the ACA banquet room. There are more bathrooms and better lighting, and parking is good. Overall it's simply a much nicer facility and I think everyone will be pleased. The host hotels, a nice Sheraton and a Hilton, will be running shuttles to the expo."

For more info on the New Jersey Convention Center, visit www.njexpocenter.com. For more on the Super Billiards Expo, visit www.superbilliardsexpo.com.

kaznj

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
For many years there were big computer shows there. There are big home shows there. Lots of hotels in the area. This is an industrial area. Two hotels in the front of the complex. A couple of miles from Middlesex County College. Close to Rutgers University.
Close to Sandcastle billiards. A great place to place. Well maintained tables.
AND only about 15 minutes from my house.

cuedoctor

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
For many years there were big computer shows there. There are big home shows there. Lots of hotels in the area. This is an industrial area. Two hotels in the front of the complex. A couple of miles from Middlesex County College. Close to Rutgers University.
Close to Sandcastle billiards. A great place to place. Well maintained tables.
AND only about 15 minutes from my house.

I grew up in Old Bridge!:smile:

GoldCrown

AzB Gold Member
Gold Member
Silver Member
While in Edison (if you have time and the appetite) check out Harold's Deli. You are looking at 1/2 of a sandwich

Attachments

• Harolds:sandwich.jpg
    Harolds:sandwich.jpg
    86.4 KB · Views: 579
  • Harolds:Turkey sandwich.jpg
    Harolds:Turkey sandwich.jpg
    91.5 KB · Views: 581

spliced

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
As a central pennsylvania resident who greatly enjoyed the close proximity of this event, I must respectfully protest this move

lukemindish

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
As a central pennsylvania resident who greatly enjoyed the close proximity of this event, I must respectfully protest this move

Whats to protest? I live in PGH and you dont see me complaining. Last years venue was a joke. And considering they wanted to cut down on the size of the expo for this year. This was the only logical move. Of course I would like it to be closer. But this is one of the best events of the year is pool, so whats driving another hour or hour and a half?

ignomirello

Tony IGGY
Silver Member
Great news!

Ed Thats great news !

I hope i'm not the only one who tips the driver :)