2018 WPA World 9 Ball

Jaden

"no buds chill"
Silver Member
probably not...

When the big money hits, it will become a young mans game. Fast and loose, like Earl, Filler....Didn't Wu win it when he was 16 yrs old ????

My guess is when (if) the big money hits, you'll start hearing about players you never knew existed....

Jaden

TheLoneSilencer

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Ok if not, then I challenge you to do this. Take the last ten world nine ball championships... Take the number for placed finishes of all players who competed in all ten or even just the last 5. Add up their finishes and tell me who has the least points...

Get back to me with the answer... Till then your Shane hate is laughable...

Jaden

Yawn...... get a grip SVB nuthuggers, your so called hero failed to get the job done yet again. Deal with it

Last edited:

skogstokig

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Very entertaining finals.

yeah, in terms of play quality the final usually sucks. but this was good. filler played unbelievably loose considering the pressure. he plays pool the way i like, breaking hard and running balls, no shot clock needed

Swighey

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
My guess is when (if) the big money hits, you'll start hearing about players you never knew existed....

Jaden

It would certainly attract more young guns. I doubt it would attract any current under the radar cash game players because they would surely prefer to remain under the radar and win even more under the radar tax free money. Also, the mindset required to play for cash and to play tournaments is very different - at all levels of the game.

S.Vaskovskyi

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
It would certainly attract more young guns. I doubt it would attract any current under the radar cash game players because they would surely prefer to remain under the radar and win even more under the radar tax free money. Also, the mindset required to play for cash and to play tournaments is very different - at all levels of the game.
Exactly...

SBC

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Alternating break with magic rack, putting balls in the same position is too easy. You have sets decided on rolls not shooting. All 9 and 10 ball at the pro level should be winner breaks.

Swighey

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Alternating break with magic rack, putting balls in the same position is too easy. You have sets decided on rolls not shooting. All 9 and 10 ball at the pro level should be winner breaks.

Nope, all 9 and 10 ball at the pro level should be alternating break. Otherwise the integrity of the game takes a dive. What players agree to do between themselves in private games is another issue and winner breaks has a role to play.

The other stuff - magic rack, balls in same position I agree with. This has nothing to do with alternate vs winner breaks. And you have sets decided on both rolls and/or shooting whatever the format.

garczar

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
That's a very harsh thing to say about a genuine sportsman of the game as well as his fans.
He's proven himself to be quite "heroic", if you will, many times at many matches.
Being crestfallen over his results in this one is no different from the let down experienced by fans when a favorite football team loses a "big one".
Give the man a break, ace.
He's one helluva Pool Player........................even if he can't walk on water.:thumbup:
Totally agree. That was a low-rent post by some douche with a keyboard.

evergruven

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
That's a very harsh thing to say about a genuine sportsman of the game as well as his fans.
He's proven himself to be quite "heroic", if you will, many times at many matches.
Being crestfallen over his results in this one is no different from the let down experienced by fans when a favorite football team loses a "big one".
Give the man a break, ace.
He's one helluva Pool Player........................even if he can't walk on water.:thumbup:

nice words..shane is great. don't miss the dog for the fleas...

ShortBusRuss

Short Bus Russ - C Player
Silver Member

I highly doubt there are more than 5 people in the entire country that aren't top pros that make more than 10K a year gambling on their own personal money games. And I highly doubt they would even be able to compete with the big boys.

Anyone who makes more than that only makes jt for a very short time before everyone in the country has their speed clocked, and they can't get a game, and they are either forced to start playing tournaments, or quit pool.

It's not like there are a hundred Jack Cooneys out there.

Swighey

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I highly doubt there are more than 5 people in the entire country that aren't top pros that make more than 10K a year gambling on their own personal money games. And I highly doubt they would even be able to compete with the big boys.

Anyone who makes more than that only makes jt for a very short time before everyone in the country has their speed clocked, and they can't get a game, and they are either forced to start playing tournaments, or quit pool.

Agreed. They are very much “under the radar” 🙃

easy-e

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member

Aren’t you glad you didn’t have your accounts deleted?