2021 AZ Billiards Straight Pool Challenge!

The_JV

'AZB_Combat Certified'
~59ish ....I think

Here's the experimental security cam footage. Audio is way out of sync and the frame rate isn't great. At 2x speed the audio syncs up decently enough...lol. You've been warned, so feel free to keep the complaints amongst yourselves :)

I'm more than willing to accept donations to outfit my table room with quality audio/visual equipment ;)

Last edited:

JusticeNJ

Four Points/Steel Joints
Silver Member
~59ish ....I think

Here's the experimental security cam footage. Audio is way out of sync and the frame rate isn't great. At 2x speed the audio syncs up decently enough...lol. You've been warned, so feel free to keep the complaints amongst yourselves :)

I'm more than willing to accept donations to outfit my table room with quality audio/visual equipment ;)
Vid is set to private

The_JV

'AZB_Combat Certified'
Good angle. You can see what's going on pretty good. I'd spend money on new cloth 1st.
Nah... The upside down 15yr old simonis something or other works fine and gives a nod to yester year's 14.1 players...lol

I managed another 66 today, but let me tell ya. If you think the quality of that security camera is sketchy, then you should see it when you forget to record in 'high quality'. Shame too... I hit some miracle shots to keep that one going.

JusticeNJ

Four Points/Steel Joints
Silver Member
Nah... The upside down 15yr old simonis something or other works fine and gives a nod to yester year's 14.1 players...lol

I managed another 66 today, but let me tell ya. If you think the quality of that security camera is sketchy, then you should see it when you forget to record in 'high quality'. Shame too... I hit some miracle shots to keep that one going.

Wow. You running balls on that cloth is really impressive to me. I’d top out at like 6-7 I think.

If that 8-ball bank is one of those miracle shots, I can promise you Moses would be proud of you lol.

I think camera angle is good. Frame rate is what is. I can see ya running em just fine.

Last edited:

The_JV

'AZB_Combat Certified'
Wow. You running balls on that cloth is really impressive to me. I’d top out at like 6-7 I think.

If that 8-ball bank is one of those miracle shots, I can promise you Moses would be proud of you lol.

I think camera angle is good. Frame rate is what is. I can see ya running em just fine.
Alright then... The recording method is going to stay the same for the indefinite future. It's just a little Tapco security camera that I bought locally for $15. It runs via a phone app and I put a 256g SD card in it for memory. Those ~30min vids take up about 175meg so I'm good to go for some serious high runs...lol. The app also has the ability to upload directly to YouTube so I don't need to remove the memory card to shift things manually through my laptop.

Ya that 8 ball... I was just explaining to my father the evening prior about if there's a way to get a bad roll in straight pool. You can pretty much be certain it will happen....lol. Two shots prior (3 ball) the idea was to hold and use the 2 as a break ball. The 6 and 5 were meant to be insurance balls for that attempt at going into the pack. I ended up following through the shot and silly on only the 5. Managed the 5 and took a flyer into the pack without any insurance. How I managed to get stuck on the back side of the 8 is anyone's guess. That's straight pool for ya...lol. I was trying to dream up a way to reach the one near the bottom corner but just couldn't get there. The one long bank up and down table would have needed to be perfect as the 1 was stuck to the outside edge of the point.

The take away is the use of insurance balls. That element has bumped my runs considerably. I'll take an ill advised flyer into the pack everytime I have some level of insurance ball. I also perfer to leave balls up table alone till the end of racks for sake of that cheap insurance.

My table's cloth is horribly nappy, being upside down and all. It also has mostly dead rails, but there are still a couple of lively spots. I usually avoid banks for these reasons. On the upside, the pockets are on the large side, so it's good for working 14.1 shots

Last edited:

jacob

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I reached my goal of a hundred ball run tonight in my practice session! I ran 111 on a 7 ft diamond. Ball number 100 was a tough cut into the side pocket at a tough angle. I am one happy pool player tonight!

JusticeNJ

Four Points/Steel Joints
Silver Member
I reached my goal of a hundred ball run tonight in my practice session! I ran 111 on a 7 ft diamond. Ball number 100 was a tough cut into the side pocket at a tough angle. I am one happy pool player tonight!
That's amazing. Congrats! It's a great feeling!

ChrisinNC

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Very nice – congrats! That appears to be 4 new members of the 100+ run club, in just over two months. I hope to be joining that group sometime soon!

The_JV

'AZB_Combat Certified'
Congrats....

Don't ease up... 200 is just a few good rolls away :).

ChrisinNC

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Hi 14-1 players:) Post your 2021 runs in this thread and I'll keep this first post up to date with everyone's high run. This list is for regular posters here on AZ Billiards. Videos are always in demand and generate good discussion and I'll post links if you upload them. Rules are cue ball fouls only, call pocket, any rack method allowed, any cleaning methodology allowed, run does not have to start from break shot, run can be practice or in an actual game. *Feel free to make the rules more strict if you prefer for yourself. Good luck all!

Prior Year Threads:
2020, 2019, 2018, 2017, 2016, 2015, 2014, 2013, 2012, 2011, 2010, 2009, 2008, 2007, 2006

2021 Results:
210 - wrldpro - Feb 11
127 - The_JV - Feb 7 - Also 85, 74, 58
106 - gerard soriano - Jan 13
101 - JusticeNJ - Feb 20 - Video 101, Also 84, 71, 53, 51, 43
98 - jacob - Feb 22 - Also 85, 71, 57, 56, 55, 52, 51, 51
59 - stevekur1 - Jan 24
58 - Will Maynard - Jan 28 - Video 58 w/commentary
57 - ChrisinNC - Feb 4 - Also 57, 57, 56, 44, 43
42 - DJKeys - Jan 2
42 - djoverboard - Jan 21
30 - BayGene - Feb 11 - Also 20
18 - krupa - Jan 24
15 - iusedtoberich - Jan 22 - Video 15
I would suggest under the high runs for each name, to add the size table the run was accomplished on.

Poolmanis

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Hehe. ive got some 80+ runs this year but put me on 54.
I just wanted to share my video where i commentate and call most of cut angles.
After okayish start cueball wont cooperate so i get on funny places.. Then shoot my way out of them.

iusedtoberich

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I would suggest under the high runs for each name, to add the size table the run was accomplished on.
Its too much work. I have tried to really simplify this thread and the rotation thread, and remove specifics like table size, pocket size, Fargo rate, etc. The code becomes enormous the more things are added, and very difficult to navigate through when I'm editing it.

Bob Jewett

AZB Osmium Member
Staff member
Gold Member
Silver Member
... The code becomes enormous the more things are added, and very difficult to navigate through when I'm editing it.
It might be possible to keep the list in a spreadsheet or word processor. The current forum editor seems to be pretty good at preserving formats. Below is a cut-and-paste from Excel. For me, it would be easier to do that and delete and paste in new results rather than deal with raw table format.

Stick length58.0
Angle, deg.InchesAnti-inches90-AntiCutError, deg.
3534.9-0.1
4039.7-0.3
4544.444.445.6-0.6

I see that the table resizes to fit the window.

ChrisinNC

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Its too much work. I have tried to really simplify this thread and the rotation thread, and remove specifics like table size, pocket size, Fargo rate, etc. The code becomes enormous the more things are added, and very difficult to navigate through when I'm editing it.
I understand and we appreciate your efforts. Simply the player’s name, high run only (no need for any other runs less than the highest run), date, and table size the high run was accomplished on would be the most pertinent info, if at all possible. If not possible, no problem - thanks

iusedtoberich

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
It might be possible to keep the list in a spreadsheet or word processor. The current forum editor seems to be pretty good at preserving formats. Below is a cut-and-paste from Excel. For me, it would be easier to do that and delete and paste in new results rather than deal with raw table format.

Stick length58.0
Angle, deg.InchesAnti-inches90-AntiCutError, deg.
3534.9-0.1
4039.7-0.3
4544.444.445.6-0.6

I see that the table resizes to fit the window.
Hi Bob, do you know if video links could work?

The_JV

'AZB_Combat Certified'
I understand and we appreciate your efforts. Simply the player’s name, high run only (no need for any other runs less than the highest run), date, and table size the high run was accomplished on would be the most pertinent info, if at all possible. If not possible, no problem - thanks
All due respect, I'm indifferent to the date and table size. I rather see a history of the player's note worthy attempts then know what date they did them on or table size that happened to be on.

Should I not bother posting the vid to the 92 I managed today...?