2022 AZ Billiards Straight Pool Challenge!

iusedtoberich

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Hi 14-1 players:) Post your 2022 runs in this thread and I'll keep this first post up to date with everyone's high run. This list is for regular posters here on AZ Billiards. Videos are always in demand and generate good discussion and I'll post links if you upload them. Rules are cue ball fouls only, call pocket, any rack method allowed, any cleaning methodology allowed, run does not have to start from break shot, run can be practice or in an actual game, any size table is fine. *Feel free to make the rules more strict if you prefer for yourself. Good luck all!

Prior Year Threads:
2021, 2020, 2019, 2018, 2017, 2016, 2015, 2014, 2013, 2012, 2011, 2010, 2009, 2008, 2007, 2006

2022 Results:

High RunMemberOtherOtherOtherOtherOtherOther
282wrldpro
112 Videoronnie
111Poolmanis10689
102Ratta79
100 VideoJusticeNJ71 Video8576 Video928995
90LightsOut48 Video37 Video41526870
89stevekur1
84easy-e70
84jeagle6483 Video6363 Video57 Video42 Video67
77 Videokanzzo76 Video48 Video56 Video60 (20.1)56 Video62 Video
63Hal2
61DJKeys4857
60The_JV41
53Seth C.
51Samiel46
50 Videopeppersauce
41 (10')ChrisinNC
40rostym28
38 Videoiusedtoberich34
33 Videopoolplayher
30Texas Carom Club2328
29RobMan2525
288cree
28BayGene25
28 Videosoyale
27puma122
27Zagiflyer23232224
15cjr3559
12 Video (5 years old!)The father of Alex G
3Fatboy

Last edited:

ChrisinNC

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Hi 14-1 players:) Post your 2022 runs in this thread and I'll keep this first post up to date with everyone's high run. This list is for regular posters here on AZ Billiards. Videos are always in demand and generate good discussion and I'll post links if you upload them. Rules are cue ball fouls only, call pocket, any rack method allowed, any cleaning methodology allowed, run does not have to start from break shot, run can be practice or in an actual game, any size table is fine. *Feel free to make the rules more strict if you prefer for yourself. Good luck all!

Prior Year Threads:
2021, 2020, 2019, 2018, 2017, 2016, 2015, 2014, 2013, 2012, 2011, 2010, 2009, 2008, 2007, 2006

2022 Results:
abc - member123
xyz - member234
41 - Chris in NC, 1/1/22

I left myself very tough on the last two balls in the third rack, and didn’t really have a break shot anyway.

10 foot table, 4-1/4” pockets, 65 years old. Likely my highest run on that table in a few years, completely unexpected and a nice start to my 2022 pool year.

I’ve been struggling and I can’t remember the last time I was even able to run 28 on that table. It’s going to be tough for me to improve on that, but that’s my goal.

Shuddy

Diamond Dave’s babysitter
Silver Member
41 - Chris in NC, 1/1/22

I left myself very tough on the last two balls in the third rack, and didn’t really have a break shot anyway.

10 foot table, 4-1/4” pockets, 65 years old. Likely my highest run on that table in a few years, completely unexpected and a nice start to my 2022 pool year.

I’ve been struggling and I can’t remember the last time I was even able to run 28 on that table. It’s going to be tough for me to improve on that, but that’s my goal.
Congratulations ! Big table, big run! I hope I can still play that well at 65.

And Poolmanis coming in strong!!! Nice runs, dude!

Samiel

Sea Player
Silver Member
51 on January 3, 2022.

I posted it in the old thread, but I ran an ugly 51 with a few hero shots during a league match. I also ended with a 46 and out (race to 150) which was much cleaner. I felt had I continued that run I would have finally broken 60+ (I had a pretty open rack), but I don't think my opponent would have appreciated it. My 51 ball run ended with an unnecessary combo I thought would open up the rack. Hopefully I continue to play well in league.

Shuddy

Diamond Dave’s babysitter
Silver Member
51 on January 3, 2022.

I posted it in the old thread, but I ran an ugly 51 with a few hero shots during a league match. I also ended with a 46 and out (race to 150) which was much cleaner. I felt had I continued that run I would have finally broken 60+ (I had a pretty open rack), but I don't think my opponent would have appreciated it. My 51 ball run ended with an unnecessary combo I thought would open up the rack. Hopefully I continue to play well in league.
Dude, you ran 51 and 46 in a single match? 60+ is certainly in your near future. Also, can’t your opponent just, I don’t know, do whatever he wants while you finish your run?

Samiel

Sea Player
Silver Member
Dude, you ran 51 and 46 in a single match? 60+ is certainly in your near future. Also, can’t your opponent just, I don’t know, do whatever he wants while you finish your run?
These were on an 8-foot table with deep shelves, so relatively easy pockets, but some balls definitely hang because of the deep shelves. My opponent wasn't too happy at the end of the match and I didn't want to provoke him, so I left the run unfinished. My 59 was on a 9-foot table over 10 years ago when I was playing straight pool almost weekly. My last couple of league matches have not been great. The best since then has only been 34.

peppersauce

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
50 ball run this morning. My first ever!

Actually 51, but ended with a scratch after I hooked myself. When I broke the 4th rack I knew there were enough loose balls to get 50 without breaking anything up. Once I knew I was going to get there though, I thought, might as well try and get things open and see if I can keep rolling. But I got nervous and hit the breakout like a donkey and hooked myself. 🤦‍♂️

Last edited:

Cameron Smith

is kind of hungry...
Silver Member
Hi everyone! I want to post a break of as little as 12 points. However, the break was made by a 5-year old kid, my son. The break was made in a game after I missed my shot to break the triangle.

This kid progresses fast, so I hope that by the end of the competition I could post some more good breaks for him.

Well it looks like Mosconi was finally reincarnated.

kanzzo

hobby player
50 ball run this morning. My first ever!

Actually 51, but ended with a scratch after I hooked myself. When I broke the 4th rack I knew there were enough loose balls to get 50 without breaking anything up. Once I knew I was going to get there though, I thought, might as well try and get things open and see if I can keep rolling. But I got nervous and hit the breakout like a donkey and hooked myself. 🤦‍♂️
the way you played it, it didn't look like you all time high run. There is more inside you. Go, go, go

Bob Jewett

AZB Osmium Member
Staff member
Gold Member
Silver Member
Hi everyone! I want to post a break of as little as 12 points. However, the break was made by a 5-year old kid, my son. The break was made in a game after I missed my shot to break the triangle.

This kid progresses fast, so I hope that by the end of the competition I could post some more good breaks for him.

Fedor Gorst hears pitter-pat of small feet coming up fast. (y) :D

peppersauce

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
the way you played it, it didn't look like you all time high run. There is more inside you. Go, go, go
Thanks for the kind words. The truth is, I tried really hard to break 50 a few years ago and failed. Some people would say things like, “You look like you should be putting up bigger numbers.” But after a lot of effort I came to the conclusion that I’m just not good enough at 14.1, and might never crack 50. This was actually the first time I’ve played 14.1 in a couple of years. I look at this 50 as a milestone, but also a fluke. Things came together just right and I was lucky to get there.

Last edited: