2022 AZ Billiards Straight Pool Challenge!

jeagle64

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I ran a 83!
I was having trouble focusing on each shot on my runs. I would just try to hurry up to the last 5 balls then slow down and think out the pattern to get out to a break shot. I wasn’t doing so well. Barely getting through the first or second rack. So I tried counting every ball individually rather than racks. Like saying it in my mind before each shot. It helped me tremendously. It gave value to each ball rather than just rushing through the rack. I’d have problems with my mind wandering during runs and this helps me focus on each shot independently. Some of the harder shot I called Mr or Mrs Lol.

Sent from my iPad using AzBilliards Forums

The_JV

'AZB_Combat Certified'
Hey I actually played a little straight pool at my local room. First time this year believe it or not.

Managed a 41...lol

...and during the hour or so I was swatting at the balls I was asked twice what game I was playing... :oops:

djv122385

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Hey xRadarx, if you didn't notice the WR by Shaw dropped by 50 balls! Only about 400 away from something you can reach now!

LightsOut

Jason
Silver Member
Ran my high run of 52 balls this year at a bowling alley on a 9' murray table, using a 21oz house cue, dirty house balls and my own cue ball (keep one in my trunk!). No video but this was back in April. This past Sunday I had 4 innings of 29, a 37 and a 48. A few videos here, these were at home on my antique Clark Herd table with 5 1/4" pockets. Been enjoying playing straight pool again after a 7 year hiatus primarily playing snooker.

Guy Manges

Registered
I know this is an old post but I sure do enjoy... with the wright table and equipment, what a game 14.1 can be, I think in lots of ways it is the game that started pocket billiards in our country... Bless you all and 100+ to you... Guy

Guy Manges

Registered
Hi everyone! I want to post a break of as little as 12 points. However, the break was made by a 5-year old kid, my son. The break was made in a game after I missed my shot to break the triangle.

This kid progresses fast, so I hope that by the end of the competition I could post some more good breaks for him.

I was 5 and 1 half when my Dad put me on a snooker table at the legion hall, 1947... Bless you and the best to you all... Guy

djv122385

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Hey djv122385, I surpassed those milestones many years before these pretenders to the throne,(Mosconi526 during and after exhibition on a single attempted high run), were born.
I'll believe that when I see it. So far all I see is you're a hater who hasn't proven anything other than a good player who thinks of himself as the next World #1. I may not be the player you are, but I stay in my lane. You like to critique anyone who isn't you, and make yourself out to be like these guys. I wonder how many balls Schmidt or Shaw could spot you in a race to 1500 and spank you?

djv122385

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Hey djv122385, you’re wearing your mask to high and it must be covering your vision, since hate is all you seem to see clearly.

I wouldn’t spend much time critiquing either of them. They might see it and reform their game. They are where they’re at and sadly, that’s about as far as either of them are going in todays pool world.

You’re right about staying in your lane since you seem to know where that’s at too.
Quit speculating about the unknown.
That, also requires brain functions, same as straight pool.
How am I critiquing them? I am giving credit where credit is due. You are the one who has reached your peak...which is a wannabe who plays barbox tourneys. I'm only speculating about the unknown because I know you wouldn't nut up and play either of them.

djv122385

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Pay attention, I’ve corrected the previous post.
I see that you corrected it now. After I called you out. How about instead of telling me to pay attention, you think before posting? I'm sorry I forgot that thought isn't quite in your wheelhouse.

djv122385

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
You must still be wearing your mask.
Maybe, if you cut some slits for your eyeballs, you would be able to see the idiocy of your own postings.
You mean the post you now deleted? Amazing how any time someone points out your stupidity, the post amazingly disappears. Too bad the poster won't do the same.

djv122385

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Also...I find it absolutely hilarious that you think you would have absolutely any positive impact on either of their games. The only thing you could possibly offer either of them is whatever money you have in your pocket after they wipe the floor with you.