2022 AZ Billiards Straight Pool Challenge!

JusticeNJ

Four Points/Steel Joints
Silver Member
100 even! I have it on video - will upload probably tomorrow. I think I bumped a ball with the bridge while shooting over a pile, and didn't start from a new rack. But, given the informality of this, don't really care. This is my third century, and one ball below my personal record, which is 101 (twice). I don't remember the patterns being all that great, but don't remember getting all that lucky either. We'll see what the video looks like.

Edit: Here’s the video. Definitely bumped that ball. Cest la vie.

Last edited:

The_JV

'AZB_Combat Certified'
100 even! I have it on video - will upload probably tomorrow. I think I bumped a ball with the bridge while shooting over a pile, and didn't start from a new rack. But, given the informality of this, don't really care. This is my third century, and one ball below my personal record, which is 101 (twice). I don't remember the patterns being all that great, but don't remember getting all that lucky either. We'll see what the video looks like.

Edit: Here’s the video. Definitely bumped that ball. Cest la vie.

Right on, congrats...

I haven't shot a rack of 14.1 this year. Just rotation and 8 ball at the local room, and my home table is still mid reno. :(

Renegade_56

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
28!

Navigated through 2 full racks last night for my new personal high run. Left myself a back cut to the bottom left corner and had to send the Cue one rail to the stack, well the Cue went where it was supposed and even had a decent break out but dogged the shot with an under cut. Went to sleep thinking about it and woke up thinking about it, ready to try to get to 3 racks now! Regular pro cut 9' Diamond, no vid, sorry.
if you missed the last ball of the 2nd rack, that's a 27, sorry

JusticeNJ

Four Points/Steel Joints
Silver Member
Right on, congrats...

I haven't shot a rack of 14.1 this year. Just rotation and 8 ball at the local room, and my home table is still mid reno. :(
Thanks my man - been wondering why you haven't posted a 100+ yet!

iusedtoberich

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Nice shooting all! We have a few new participants, a new leader, and a few new personal bests. First post updated.

jeagle64

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I ran a 67. Finally got off 63 which I ran 3 times. I bought a 9 ft Diamond so my high runs aren’t going to be so high anymore. I’m trying to get my 100 ball goal before I tear down the 4x8 Brunswick!

Sent from my iPad using AzBilliards Forums

JusticeNJ

Four Points/Steel Joints
Silver Member
For anyone interested, Niels Feijen will review your video with commentary. 30 min minimum at a rate of $1.50 per minute. I just sent him a 33 min video for a whopping $48. I think he could probably get away with raising his price tbh. I think it's a steal, especially for something like 14.1 videos where he can really provide some nice analysis on pattern play. My video is finishing up - I'll edit this post with a brief review of my thoughts.

I contacted him through Facebook messenger.

8cree

Reverse Engineer
Silver Member
Ka-ching, Ka-ching, Ka-ching!!!
NewsFlash! There are no such thing as patterns in the game of pocket pool.
Break a million racks.
The balls will never stop in the exact same ‘pattern’.

Couldn't you also say the same about 9 Ball? Yet there are "patterns" there...

sparkle84

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Couldn't you also say the same about 9 Ball? Yet there are "patterns" there...
Not really. What straight pool players refer to as patterns don't exist in 9 ball. The pattern is dictated by the ball numbers. You choose position routes, not patterns.

8cree

Reverse Engineer
Silver Member
LOL @ position routes

...and I fish with artificial baits, not lures.

Got it. :ROFLMAO:

JusticeNJ

Four Points/Steel Joints
Silver Member
For anyone interested, Niels Feijen will review your video with commentary. 30 min minimum at a rate of $1.50 per minute. I just sent him a 33 min video for a whopping $48. I think he could probably get away with raising his price tbh. I think it's a steal, especially for something like 14.1 videos where he can really provide some nice analysis on pattern play. My video is finishing up - I'll edit this post with a brief review of my thoughts.

I contacted him through Facebook messenger.
Good morning to everyone other than xradarx,

Neils did a great job and provided some really good insight, plus a few things to work on and suggestions on how to improve. Looking forward to working on some of his suggestions this weekend. The video I sent him was about 33 mins long, and he sent back about a 45 min video with commentary and analysis. He had a few questions at the end that I followed up with him on messenger about.

I really recommend doing this with him. For $48, it's an absolute steal and Neils is really a great guy and his passion for the game is incredible. Many people will charge over twice that for an hour's lesson, and I easily got more than an hour of his time in this format.