2022 World Pool Masters (May 5-8)

spartan

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Botched combo by Ko. Filler gets on hill 6-3. He has won 6 in row after Ko led 3-0.

spartan

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Filler B&R to win 7-3 and he is in final. Too many errors by Ko
I pity the Goliath (Fortunski or Lo Ho Sum) who will face Filler in the final. :ROFLMAO:

spartan

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
filler ko stats.JPG

smoochie

NotLikeThis
The small size of the pockets making the game more random and arbitrary than ever in terms of who going to win. But I guess that’s what they want to make it exciting. Making the game just a flip of a coin in order to determine the winner instead of the better player wins. I mean who wants it to be the better player wins, that’s boring for matchroom I guess.

I’ve said it before and people argued with me but I’ll say it again. Making pockets small will just make it that the lesser skilled player having a chance of beating a world champion that’s all.

It now all depends on the leaves and luck. Good luck to all players may the randomness decides who take this. 👍

spartan

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Undercard Semifinal between these 2 party crashers.
The Butcher Fortunski is quite a big favorite over Lo Ho Sum who has lowest Fargorate in this event.
Lo Ho Sum is still shell shocked that he is in semifinal.

Fortunski hung 9 and Sum runs out to lead 1-0
Probably sums up the goodies he has been getting from the pool gods :LOL:

lo hosum fortunski.jpg

something_pool

Registered
The small size of the pockets making the game more random and arbitrary than ever in terms of who going to win. But I guess that’s what they want to make it exciting. Making the game just a flip of a coin in order to determine the winner instead of the better player wins. I mean who wants it to be the better player wins, that’s boring for matchroom I guess.

I’ve said it before and people argued with me but I’ll say it again. Making pockets small will just make it that the lesser skilled player having a chance of beating a world champion that’s all.

It now all depends on the leaves and luck. Good luck to all players may the randomness decides who take this. 👍
How on earth would making the conditions more difficult favor the weaker player??

skogstokig

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member

i think the reason why people have argued with you is that you are completely wrong

spartan

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Another upset by Lo Ho Sum knocking out Fortunski 7-5 and he is through to final against Filler.
Fortunski led for most of match but cannot get away from Sum despite Sum making tonne of errors. At 5-5, Sum suddenly runs pack to 2 to win
Either he is sandbagging or there is method to his madness
Even though this is non-ranking event, it is still the fairytale run to final of any event in last few years. Unbelievable.
Sum who had lowest Fargo of 753 in this event has beaten/upsetted:
Denis Grabe (FR 790) Score 7-4
SVB (FR 830) Score 7-6
Abdullah Alyousef (FR 761) 7-6
Mieszko Fortunski (FR 789) 7-5

Go Go Sum :ROFLMAO:

lhs fortunski.JPG

laughing-hahaha.gif

smoochie

NotLikeThis
How on earth would making the conditions more difficult favor the weaker player??
I know it’s difficult to see this and it needs some critical thinking but making the condition very difficult will make it more likely that a real good player miss a ball (maybe the 8ball) and if he is unlucky it wobbles the pocket and stays near it giving the weaker player an easy 8 near the pocket then the nine ball. Making these two will give him the rack.

Now with these pocket if a player is slightly off his game he will rattle a ball at the end of the rack maybe the 7 or the 8. then it’s all about the pool gods of where this ball and the cue ball lands on the table giving the opponent either a very easy out or a safe.

I know it’s hard to see my vision but if I ever play SVB I’ll ask for a short race and a very tight pocket this would give me higher percentage of beating him. Think about it deeply SVB could rattle the last two balls more often with tight pockets versus his comfortable table which will give me a chance of pocketing the last two balls or three and win. You could literally see this happening in the masters.

spartan

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Joshua Filler v Lo Ho Sum Final Race to 9
David v Goliath, Big Favorite v big underdog, highest ranked v lowest ranked Fargorate. About 80 points difference in Fargorate

Filler scratches, and Sum runs out to lead 1-0

final joshua filler v lo ho sum.jpg

spartan

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
oh oh Lo miss a ball, Filler runs it to trail 1-2 and is off and running. End of dream run for Lo ? :LOL:

AtLarge

AzB Gold Member
Gold Member
Silver Member
Are you joking, or has the final match really started? I'm just getting black on DAZN.